FGT owner: "I am calling out all of the twin-turbo Lamborghinis"

EpDarks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan is in MN. I talked to him at C&C yesterday. The car has been running. He is still working on shaking things out.

Dan is in MN. I talked to him at C&C yesterday. The car has been running. He is still working on shaking things out.

I should call him up and see if he wants to take a swing at my SL. :)

He better bring a big bat. I would be willing to lay a large sum there is not a RWD car in the country that can catch you in under 2000ft. Street car that is.

In for the gang bang vids

LOL. He is planning on the Oct runway event so save one grudge match.

All this back and forth (in good fun)...can we PLEASE get some racing action now. 5 pages and no race is killing me. Take it to the track so that the rest of us can win!!!

All this back and forth (in good fun)...can we PLEASE get some racing action now. 5 pages and no race is killing me. Take it to the track so that the rest of us can win!!!

I'm ready to roll. Put about 75 miles on the car today. Took my corvette mechanic for a ride and made him giggle like a little girl.

I'm ready to roll. Put about 75 miles on the car today. Took my corvette mechanic for a ride and made him giggle like a little girl.

next time say you took some hot chick and made her giggle, makes for a better story. ;)

next time say you took some hot chick and made her giggle, makes for a better story. ;)

It would make for a better story but even with a TT Superleggera I am too ugly to pick up chicks.

It would make for a better story but even with a TT Superleggera I am too ugly to pick up chicks.

Well fcuk. I bought a Viper, no chicks. Was told a Lambo was a panty dropper, still no chicks. My last hope was to TT the car, but apparently even that won't help me. I'm selling everything and buying hookers, nice knowing you LP guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok Here is a little update... I finished the car right around the 20th of June...Dropped it off the jack stand with about 70miles on the car and drove it to kansas city from minnesota...A good 1200mile round trip. I made close to 20 60-170 pulls on it in two days while I was down there and drove it home.

http://www.procharger.com/supercharger/blog/?p=419

Here are some pics below car was pretty much a bare shell and I just bonded the carbon roof on it on the 28th of febuary 1st pic . BY the 10th of march the doors and center section was painted, by the 19th the fenders, bumper and hood were painted 2nd pic. I put the motor back in the car the monday before the mile and by friday morning (3rd pic)it was close but still (200hours from being done I found out) LOL I said fu c k it and just drove to texas to watch the Mile race. I had 9 people at times threw the month of march helping. It wasnt for the lack of effort we tried and I will have a pretty cool time lapse go pro vid of the whole month of march working on it. So I took my time finishing it threw apirl, may and june.

Also If you open up the procharger blog on my car you will see a small shot of the carbon air box that seals to the clambshell and then 4th pic is where the air enters the custom ram air tubes. My brother started on the mold for the air box with no drawing or clue of what it would look like on march 1st. He was racing us to build an airbox before 9 of us finished the car. He plowed 300 hours in it and had it made and in clear coat before I left for the mile. He was finish making it the thursday before the mile. We probably have 500 hours in the carbon clambshell with ramair tubes that are carbon and the air box. We built all the molds for everything....For a centrifical blower to make this kind of power threw an airbox with no power loss is pretty crazy and unheard of.

SO I put 2500 miles on it in 14days from the 16th to the 1st of July....Then I made early fireworks happen...In those 10 days I made between 50-60 60-170 pulls which is second gear from 4000rpms to 8100 and then 3rd to 8100..Ok back to the fireworks haha When I finished the car I put 2 sets of 160lb injetors in it, instead of the maxed 100/160combo it had in it when I dyno'd it. Well I fired it up and ran it some and put it back on the dyno as I changed some stuff around while it was being painted. I knew it was two courts low on oil and I checked it and it was like water cause I forgot to change the tune from the old injectors to the new ones so the oil was literaly water, luckily i caught it before i dyno'd it but I think the damage was already done. With the oil being full of fuel it had wipped the bearing some as there was no oil cushion (i did not know this at the time) So i changed the oil twice redyno'd it and changed the oil again with the filters and all looked fine before driving it.

Then comes July first(PRE FOURTH OF JULY FOR ME LOL) I was making some pulls and it broke a rod in second gear, kicked a small hole in the block and the rest is history. I'm fixing it. BLock was salvagable, crank is being repaired, very little damage to head, needs a set of rods and pistons. Luckily for me I had a plethora of new bryant cranks, spare blocks and heads. SO Im also building my big motor for the car and hope to have it done for T.I. The small motor will be back together and IM making some changes to it aswell. Hopefully pick up 200hp down low were it needs it. The second motor should be a whole nother animal. It will be back running in about two weeks.

So theres my story. Ive been a busy person....

Here are some pics and BTW this whole car project was built in my composite shop and painted in my dyno room. Not the best place but its all it got for NOW:-)

See ya all soon:-)

Ford_GT.jpg

GT_Paint.jpg

GT_march_23.jpg

Clamb_shot_GT.jpg

GT_front_pic.jpg

GT_side_pic.jpg

Ouch. That doesn't look fun at all!

Na No biggy...Block got dropped off at the welders today. Sleeves are here. Pistons next week and ill be back in business...Its probably for the best as i don't think i would be getting anything done if it ran LOL Like if i don't get my engine builders truck painted in the next week it wont ever run haha

what rod broke and what crank were you using when the rod broke?

Oh, and I got something for ya. :)

Bryant Billet and Mahovetz rods. Which he had never seen one break before..

rod number 2 broke...

I'm sure you do along with Bryant, eric and 20 others..

I'm also building another procharger car that will be in the southwest Dallas area for a good friend of mine..same build, maybe a little smaller blower as he is not putting a Bryant crank in it and a point less conpression. Other wise everything else identical to mine.

My tt gt project will be done in the spring too..motor should be done in two weeks Bout the time mine is back together..

See you in October!

• 2 months later...

Hope they are ok. It has to be a pretty bad crash for them to be knocked onconcious.