1400whp supra Vs. SW UGR TT LAMBO+bonus

Vegasgtr

Also to further the whole race car street car comparison, in Hing's SPE video its pretty clear hes not running an exhaust.

All we are really guilty of is removing the passenger seat which the cage more than makes up for.

That is not meant to take anything away from Hing or the guys at SPE but rather to defend what our car did.

Personally I consider Hing a friend and when I heard be broke the record It was bitter sweet for us as he really did deserve some good fortune. He is a fantastic guy and quite possible one of the nicest people I have ever met.

Jamie, I understand I am not asking you to be friends with any of our customers. I am merely asking that you stop spreading rumors or posting things that are not true in regards to our shop. Again this is how we make our living, this isn't a hobby for us. I am sure you can respect that.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction.

You can get a REALLY FAST "BALANCED" GTR built by SPE. Alex, I'm sending you my GTR today!

I could not agree more with that statement.

We ALL saw the vid of the SPE "customer" car (1200 whp or so) going down the track, with absolutely no drama, and posting an ET that's .16 of a second off the ASS (really again with M to S) car (1600 whp or so) ..... That says their GTR package is WITHOUT EQUAL ....

So, I didn't mention SPE before because they weren't part of the "back and forth" ...........

I was simply trying to point out just how futile the back and forth is .......

For the record, even though I'm from Chicago, and yeah we're REALLY proud the number the boys from West Chicago put up ....

But if I were looking to mod a GTR ..... without question ..... I'd head west to SPE ....

I could not agree more with that statement.

We ALL saw the vid of the SPE "customer" car (1200 whp or so) going down the track, with absolutely no drama, and posting an ET that's .16 of a second off the ASS (really again with M to S) car (1600 whp or so) ..... That says their GTR package is WITHOUT EQUAL ....

So, I didn't mention SPE before because they weren't part of the "back and forth" ...........

I was simply trying to point out just how futile the back and forth is .......

For the record, even though I'm from Chicago, and yeah we're REALLY proud the number the boys from West Chicago put up ....

But if I were looking to mod a GTR ..... without question ..... I'd head west to SPE ....

SPE is a fantastic shop and a great place to take a GT-R.

For the record our car never saw more than 35 psi on that [email protected] run which equates to roughly 1350-1400whp. We tried to turn up the wick but she just blew the tires off in second gear so we packed it in for the day.

Eric

Jamie, I understand I am not asking you to be friends with any of our customers. I am merely asking that you stop spreading rumors or posting things that are not true in regards to our shop. Again this is how we make our living, this isn't a hobby for us. I am sure you can respect that.

It's a fair request. For my own clarification, what part of my post is not true?

The ASS shop drag car had some issues (TRUE?), but nothing serious(TRUE?). It ran well for a couple passes(TRUE?), but they got out of it on the next pass (TRUE?) and then abruptly packed it up before the semi-finals of the class (TRUE?). They had the other cars in that GTR class by almost a second (TRUE?), so something doesn't add up (ASSUMPTION).

I think you are referring to their lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu mu customer car, Tim Sanders, which blew (MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE SAID 'HURT' AS I UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE NOT PULLED IT OUT TO FIND OUT THE CAUSE OF THE ISSUE YET) its motor last week. At least he got a couple weeks out of it on pump gas after waiting patiently for two years (TRUE?).

SPE is a fantastic shop and a great place to take a GT-R.

For the record our car never saw more than 35 psi on that [email protected] run which equates to roughly 1350-1400whp. We tried to turn up the wick but she just blew the tires off in second gear so we packed it in for the day.

Eric

Eric,

I have also been watching A__M__S's record breaking runs from last year. Wasn't the 8.99 run already at 1300+awhp? Now this past weekeneds record breaking run of 8.62 is only at 1300+awhp as well? What was different?

A lot of weight was removed or you guys must be pushing 1600awhp.

Thanks!

Riiiiiiiiiight... Because I would LOVE to drop a shit ton of $ on a package that hasn't been tested yet. GREAT IDEA!!!

I'm sure that's why you can buy Apple products that have never been tested and pharmaceuticals that have never been tested, etc.

I think someone appears to be overcompensating for something...

Anyone who can build and race something that is that ridiculously fast deserves kudos, no matter who they are (ASS, UGR, SPE...). Why some of you cannot just acknowledge that and instead decide to turn everything into a giant dick swinging contest is beyond me.

Who said anything about testing shit? Of Course SP tests shit on their own cars.. We are talking about where are the CUSTOMERS out and about in their personal cars making as tested times? This is Hings personal car, he is a client of SP...

Great vid!

definately some good times. Having the get togethers at my warehouse sure kept alot of the Omni hotel circus away from our runs. Now we are going to have to figure out how to control it a little better next year. :)

Those R's sure pull hard.

see my sig? bought that a week ago. Kevin will do his work on it. :)

I saw that you picked one up but I wasn't sure what your plans were for it. I should have known better. :icon_mrgreen: Congrats! :headbang:

Jamie I don't know what is wrong with Tim's car. We need to get it back here first.

Btw his wait for the car was relating to him first wanting an ALPHA 9.... We finished it. Then he wanted and ALPHA 10.... We finished it. Then he wanted and lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu mu and we finished it. Tim always wanted the top package at the time. Of course our development time of each package only added to that. Tim could of gotten his car back about 4 times over but he chose to push it farther. We are happy he did too.

The only issues our car had was with the bumper and lip coming off due to leaving off an additional support on the splitter from the size of the intercooler. Ivan was able to fabricate one and install it at the track early Sunday. Again this is why we test so our customers don't find out things like that the hard way

Eric,

I have also been watching A__M__S's record breaking runs from last year. Wasn't the 8.99 run already at 1300+awhp? Now this past weekeneds record breaking run of 8.62 is only at 1300+awhp as well? What was different?

A lot of weight was removed or you guys must be pushing 1600awhp.

Thanks!

Same weight or more is time. The 8.97 run was done at about 1250whp and a very poor 60 foot time. We did Dyno 1365 later that month but never ran that way.

Eric

Correction.

You can get a REALLY FAST "BALANCED" GTR built by SPE. Alex, I'm sending you my GTR today!

How is it balanced? By removing the windshield wipers, passenger seat, everything behind the drivers seat and the exhaust system?

One where you know as a CUSTOMER car you will go fast..not just seeing your tuners SHOP CAR go fast....

Have you forgotten about the Rocket Science car? Runs 9.1 @ 160 MPH and did it without removing a single factory option (with the exception of installing TWO racing seats) AND still ran a full exhaust. I would bet that car weighs MORE than stock with the cage in it too. Now THAT car is the most impressive GT-R that I know of.

It's a fair request. For my own clarification, what part of my post is not true?

The ASS shop drag car had some issues, FALSE. It had ONE issue. Going too fast for the front under tray. Replacing some brackets fixed that.

It ran well for a couple passes, FALSE. It ran well for MORE than a couple passes. 9.2, 8.7, 8.6 and 8.6. That is more than a couple

so something doesn't add up. FALSE. It has been explained. No mystery.

Actually I saw their trailer with some of the guys in front of the Omni Monday afternoon as I was leaving..... FALSE. It has been parked at Hennessey since Sunday when ASS left

I didn't look inside their trailer asshole....just stating a fact the rig was at the Omni Monday afternoon. I don't give a shit. FALSE. See above.

Looks like it is pretty clear that you can't count, add, or see straight. And that is just from this single thread.

But frankly, if I were Martin, I'd ask a couple of these guys to lay low as they are not the type of representives you want cheerleading ASS. You guys deseve better than that.

Now if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black! LOL. You are just too funny.

Now if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black! LOL. You are just too funny.

4 posts in a row? That must make you special x4.

Good luck on your stay.

What the fcuk is wrong with you guys? I am sure ASS, Swiss, SPE and all the other BIG shops put out quality stuff.

I remember the Heffner vs UGR days where 90% of the board, Allan included (of course) was bashing the hell out of them. "How many CUSTOMER cars are out right now?" "Heffner has proven reliability, what the hell has UGR done?" etc etc etc. I saw it from the first moment that they built quality kits and were pushing the envelope of the G. If it wasn't for UGR people would still be driving their 800HP GTT around the block not knowing where the REAL limits were.

More shops = better for the consumers PERIOD. Petter pricing, faster turn around times, better customer service to keep their reputation in the tuning industry, better warranties and seeing where the limit is with THEIR money so some crazy guy doesn't have to spend 400k with a shop to see how much the trans, engine, diffs +++ can handle in a given car.

"Ohh that broke, that broke" Are you guys serious? If something breaks GREAT, then X-shop can fix it and put it out a BETTER product to the market. If nothing brakes the tuning industry would have stock EVERYTHING. If something BREAKS some shops make it BETTER so it won't break!