Black Superleggera in Visalia, CA?

bonehead

Agreed! Still love me some 911's. Hope to pick up a 997 GT3RS in the future, but this thing just rocks! :icon_super:

Nothing like the absence of traction and stability control to scare the living daylights outta you:)

In Martini livery? Please say in Martini livery!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you just got a keeper right there. if those goodyear F1s are still originals that came with the car, consider replacing them ASAP.

Indeed. I don't ever plan to sell it. Hopefully will go to my son when I'm too old to enjoy it:)

A couple months ago I sold my 08 SL black, red calipers and side lettering to a guy in Fresno.

Thanks. But if it was only a few months ago, must be different car. I saw this one for the first time about a year ago.

you just got a keeper right there. if those goodyear F1s are still originals that came with the car, consider replacing them ASAP.

Oh and yes, I intend to swap out the now 8 year old tires with the Bridgestone RE050's that other owners seem to love. Why can't Michelin make the proper sizes for this car??? Grrrrr......

Oh and yes, I intend to swap out the now 8 year old tires with the Bridgestone RE050's that other owners seem to love. Why can't Michelin make the proper sizes for this car??? Grrrrr......

For what it is worth those were the stock tires on my S2000. I hated them. Wore too fast, wasn't comfortable with them in the rain or the cold and the road noise was a bit high.

I know it is a totally different car but I figured I would let you know.

please do. my buddy who bought a 500 mile FGT with original tires had the thread separate from the tire on the highway. good thing he was able to slow down safely with minimal damage on the car.

the bridgestones are very capable for the street.

and get a pulley/tune from torrie mcphail. it will wake the car up big time.

enjoy and be safe

please do. my buddy who bought a 500 mile FGT with original tires had the thread separate from the tire on the highway. good thing he was able to slow down safely with minimal damage on the car.

the bridgestones are very capable for the street.

and get a pulley/tune from torrie mcphail. it will wake the car up big time.

enjoy and be safe

Yikes. I keep holding out hoping Michelin will come out with proper sized Super Sports, but I guess it's not likely going to happen. B-stones it is then.

As far as a pulley tune, I really don't have any desire to mod the car from a power standpoint. I've had my experience with modded cars and I'm done. Now that being said, I do want to put on some form of catless exhaust (long tubes+x-pipe or if I get the cajones, the Ford Racing rear exit headers). That'll leave me with a pesky CEL. Trying to keep the car most/all Ford Racing but their tune doesnt shut off the O2 sensors. Unless my guy can figure out a workaround, I would have to get an aftermarket tune. Aside from Hefner, Torrie seems to be the go to guy in the GT aftermarket. And if I get a tune, may as well slap on the pulley, right?:)

• 4 weeks later...

Found new talent in the area. Took these pics in the parking lot of the local country club....double parked. :rolleyes:

Looks brand-spanking new. Either hasn't even washed it yet or was just polished. Couldn't see a single swirl mark in the bright sunlight. Plate registration only a month old.

IMG_2583_zps4ff165c6.jpg

IMG_2579_zps74ae8efa.jpg

So, now there are at least 2 Gallardos in this small podunk town. Where are the owners???

• 1 month later...

Update. Met someone at a local car meet that happens to know the owner of the ^^black Gallardo I saw a few weeks back. Hopefully will get to meet him and his car in the near future. Exciting, I know. But I have little to be excited for in this godforsaken town:)

I have been living in Clovis for the last few months while working on a project in Five Points. So far I have seen a black Gallardo SL, a white Gallardo Spyder, a Grigio Estoque Aventador, and a white MP4. I have no idea how you can stand living in Visalia, I think Fresno sucks. I can't wait to get out of here in a week.

Great looking GT.

Double park due to screwed up parking lot . . . mildly acceptable?

I probably wouldn't want to go off roading in that pile of rocks with my very pricey Lamborghini either. Also guarantees no one will park next to him.

I have been living in Clovis for the last few months while working on a project in Five Points. So far I have seen a black Gallardo SL, a white Gallardo Spyder, a Grigio Estoque Aventador, and a white MP4. I have no idea how you can stand living in Visalia, I think Fresno sucks. I can't wait to get out of here in a week.

Great looking GT.

Finally! Someone that knows my pain! lol Yup, just take the misery of Fresno and crank it up 50 notches and you have Visalia.

Lucky man you get to leave. Feel like I'm descending to the 9th circle of hell every day I'm here. It's awesome! :)

• 1 month later...
Car sounds great man! Mind me asking what the exhaust setup is?

Thanks! It's the Ford Racing rear exit headers (M-9430 GTX). Long tube headers into small collector mufflers (not sure they do any real 'muffling'), and straight out the back. Removes the stock headers, cats and enormous muffler for an overall weight savings of about 70 lbs from the rear of the car. Also opens up the rear vents previously blocked by the huge, heat generating muffler resulting in noticeably lower engine temps. Most importantly, it sounds like this from the outside. (not my car, but same system). :icon_super:

Thanks! It's the Ford Racing rear exit headers (M-9430 GTX). Long tube headers into small collector mufflers (not sure they do any real 'muffling'), and straight out the back. Removes the stock headers, cats and enormous muffler for an overall weight savings of about 70 lbs from the rear of the car. Also opens up the rear vents previously blocked by the huge, heat generating muffler resulting in noticeably lower engine temps. Most importantly, it sounds like this from the outside. (not my car, but same system). :icon_super:

WOW! Sounds like an all around great move.

More header music (I realize this is a Lambo forum, so if people want me to stop posting this stuff, just let me know).

Sounds incredible. :icon_super:

There is a Ford GT sub forum here, so I doubt anyone will mind you posting Ford GT videos.

Sounds incredible. :icon_super:

There is a Ford GT sub forum here, so I doubt anyone will mind you posting Ford GT videos.

Thanks. And yeah, I probably should post these there from now on.

Update. Met someone at a local car meet that happens to know the owner of the ^^black Gallardo I saw a few weeks back. Hopefully will get to meet him and his car in the near future. Exciting, I know. But I have little to be excited for in this godforsaken town:)

That bad there? There is a guy I work with that grew up there. Cant stop talking about how awesome it is. :lol2: