And there was the Injection-prototype for sale as expected..

lambolp400s

I appreciate the input Earlycat.

Everything associated with my engine has been thoroughly rebuilt and I have verified movement of all components in the distributor so I know there are no issues there.

As far as changing out the bypass jets to solid ones I have heard of that being done before, however I have also heard it is not to good to do as you start washing down the cylinder walls with excessive gas and run the risk premature cylinder wall and ring wear. Not to mention possibly contaminating the oil with gasoline which is not good for the bearing or anything else for that matter.

I need to find my Weber carburetor tuning manual before I muck around any further as I do not wish to create any problems by just tinkering with them. Once I find it as I am still unpacking boxes from the move into the new house I will verify that everything matches factor specs and go from there. Who knows maybe someone changed something out at one time and it has been overlooked.

Sincerely Vic

You can vary the bypass size, try a little less than the .70 for starters if your concerned. You can change it back, it's pretty easy to do. I have not noticed any problems. No fuel smell in the oil when changed, which is often considering the few miles driven. I have not heard of any problems with other guys, it doesnt run any richer, or smoke. Really it seems to run cleaner. I'm kinda surprised your having any problems after a GE rebuild. I also put iridium plugs, which made a noticeable improvement. Many say to avoid that also & stick with copper, but a notable Lambo mechanic told me he does, and has good results. MSD ignition if you don't already.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic