And there was the Injection-prototype for sale as expected..

lambolp400s

As some here sugested, it would come for sale, and not only that, IT IS OVERPRICED to the extreme! You can allmost get a LP400 for these $$$..

Sorry to say so to the owner, but i think you have used this site to research the car, but still, you have missed out on the interest from enthusiast and their willingness to get this car. I for one see no reason to pay a premium on ANY injected car over a carbed Countach!

http://bringatrailer.com/2012/03/28/bat-ex...tion-prototype/

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both places. Same car. Was easy to get the feeling that he wanted people to "talk" the car up, to make it an important historic piece. Obviously to have a reason to get rich fast.. Better go get Roys LP400S2 in black, and still have around $150K to other stuff.

It's one of one, proto, great color combo.

Who knows where the value is. I think it looks great in that combination.

There is a driver for every seat at the right price. For the money right now, I would rather have a carved 4v.

Nice color combo Countach. Sale proof at this price. I must say, I do like the latest Countach prices though. Looks like my beach house & a ratty FJ40 is coming closer every day.

Better go get Roys LP400S2 in black, and still have around $150K to other stuff.

+1

The FI cars are not popular and desired. Why would its protoype be any different?

Hey, I am all for a Countach no matter how it's feed.

That guy is high as a kite... That car is worth less than any F/I QV. As i said before.. the early F/I cars are the WORST Countach you can buy.. This is worse than Topcrbon preaching that the Forbes Diablo was a collector car with special value in the Lambo world..

That guy is high as a kite... That car is worth less than any F/I QV. As i said before.. the early F/I cars are the WORST Countach you can buy.. This is worse than Topcrbon preaching that the Forbes Diablo was a collector car with special value in the Lambo world..

Hey, I have come to my senses.

(fwiw, the Forbes Diablo is reported barely alive, barely running)

Hey, I have come to my senses.

(fwiw, the Forbes Diablo is reported barely alive, barely running)

They should just blow it upp...

FI prototype... that's ridicolous... it does not worth even 150 k... that fellow is not a Countach enthusiast, that is just a BAD dealer that made a lot of free advertisement on this forum and others.

FI cars do not have that fantastic suction sound coming from air intakes, they do not pull like carbed ones and they are not the true Countach: they cannot cost more than a carbed one.

Every Countach is a "prototype", as it was totally hand made: there are not two fully interchangeable cars

ciao

sale proof is correct

to be the first one, the car is may worth some 10% over a price of a countach 5000SFI and less than a Weber 5000S

nice color combo but not worth half the asking (imo)

I'd say at best it's worth $100 to $120k. That's it.

may be a bit more, if it's in good shape and well mantained, but sure not three times!

... or i should put mine for sale at half million... "the only Countach owned by a woman" ...

or i could ask Valentino to sign it with a green pen: "The only Countach signed by Valentino Balboni with a green pen! come on, just one million... it's bargain!" :icon_mrgreen:

ciao

may be a bit more, if it's in good shape and well mantained, but sure not three times!

... or i should put mine for sale at half million... "the only Countach owned by a woman" ...

or i could ask Valentino to sign it with a green pen: "The only Countach signed by Valentino Balboni with a green pen! come on, just one million... it's bargain!" :icon_mrgreen:

ciao

you do not need it

just put "Emilio was in the passenger seat....2 times! " and you are at 1M

FI cars do not have that fantastic suction sound coming from air intakes, they do not pull like carbed ones and they are not the true Countach: they cannot cost more than a carbed one.

Maybe all the injected Countach owners (myself included) should scrap their cars and part them out so only the TRUE Countaches can keep running and only the TRUE Countach enthusiasts (carbed car owners) can maintain the historical integrity of the Countach name. :jackoff:

Give me a break with all of this self righteousness regarding the injected cars. Numerous carbed car owners are on here and other forums bleating constantly about the undesireable nature of the injected cars. These cars came off the same production line, and out of the same factory as all of the vaunted carbed cars did. I am aware that the first 5000S cars with injection were prepared outside the factory, but that work furthered the final factory effort of the injected QV and Anniversario cars.

Is this guy with the "prototype" off his rocker with the asking price? Sure

Is there a hierarchy of values among the various Countach models? Absolutely

BUT, The constant negative comments by supposed Countach enthusiasts has become tiresome.

And not to sound too much like a petulant child, but I would put my lowly USA spec injected 4V Countach up against ANY carbed car produced in a side by side performance comparison, and I think other than a VERY well maintained DD 4V, most would be surprised with the results.

Rant Over :icon_thumleft:

If a NICE Countach QV F/I is around 95-120K, then this car is surely less. Alot less. Inmo atmost an 80K car.

Whats special about it? Saying you own the first attempt at an abortion of a F/I system cobbled together by a few guys in their shitty little shop? Its the least desirable Countach there is inmo. Not to mention the ugly bumpers.

I will also echo the sentiments of the F/I QV, as I said before the difference in performance lies moreso in the weight of the U.S F/I then it does a difference in power. I personally prefer a F/I QV.. Few tweaks and Ill send ANY DD packing..

If a NICE Countach QV F/I is around 95-120K, then this car is surely less. Alot less. Inmo atmost an 80K car.

Whats special about it? Saying you own the first attempt at an abortion of a F/I system cobbled together by a few guys in their shitty little shop? Its the least desirable Countach there is inmo. Not to mention the ugly bumpers.

I will also echo the sentiments of the F/I QV, as I said before the difference in performance lies moreso in the weight of the U.S F/I then it does a difference in power. I personally prefer a F/I QV.. Few tweaks and Ill send ANY DD packing..

I feel like having to jump in this for several reasons:

1: Around 2002 or so, I was saying the same thing about how junkies the early FI were. I got litterally chewed up by Treford Thomas then on a now defunct board and I was judged so heretic that some asked that I be booted off that board. Talk about lynching...

Because the approach T.T took in addressing a bit of ignorance on my part, I postured and washed it. In retrospect T.Treford was right in many points. Without his work, there would have been no official CT import in the US. He and his associate Jas, allowed history to happend outside the factory. I simply wished he had come nicely trying to correct me in my facts rather tha blasting guns with the mob.

2. It bothers me to see the trend of dealers talking up car on chat forums posting outworldly prices or "asking for offers" when not justified. That smells like fishing for whales..

3. That particular car has historical value. It is the 1st FI that the factory took as template for the FI to come. So it is worth more than any FIs. The question is is it worth more than a carb? May be. It depends on the condition. IMO, at equal condition, that car should be at the entry point of a decent 5000S carb.

Certainly worth more that a QV FI due to historical data. But condition will play a big role in the price

Assuming a perfect car (show condition) i'll say $110K-$130K. May be up to $140K for soemone who wants it bad.

4. I dont think anyone is seriously bashing the late FIs. They are great driver car. The difference as outline by 87-countach is that collectors will go to the carb cars. Not all Countach are to spend most time in a garage or in shows. For thoses who want to drive a CT and enjoy the thrill and dont care about value, resale etc, the FIs are the best choices. The most detriment to the FIs are the bumpers not the fuel system. May be that is what turns off many. This can be easily rectified.

So in summary, that car is saleproof and what we have here is another guy who claimed he had a great keeper while 2 months later the car is for sale for close to 3 times what its worth. Quite a turn off at least for me. That makes me lose trust in what i read when people are talking bout their car. May be we need to Id the dealers from the just owners and we can sort out the commercials from the true talks.

you do not need it

just put "Emilio was in the passenger seat....2 times! " and you are at 1M

That's right!.

only woman owner, green Valentino signature, two times famous Lamborghi expert Emilio on board...

TWO millions and you can have the car! a small sign here, please... :icon_mrgreen:

Maybe all the injected Countach owners (myself included) should scrap their cars and part them out so only the TRUE Countaches can keep running and only the TRUE Countach enthusiasts (carbed car owners) can maintain the historical integrity of the Countach name. :jackoff:

Give me a break with all of this self righteousness regarding the injected cars. Numerous carbed car owners are on here and other forums bleating constantly about the undesireable nature of the injected cars. These cars came off the same production line, and out of the same factory as all of the vaunted carbed cars did. I am aware that the first 5000S cars with injection were prepared outside the factory, but that work furthered the final factory effort of the injected QV and Anniversario cars.

Is this guy with the "prototype" off his rocker with the asking price? Sure

Is there a hierarchy of values among the various Countach models? Absolutely

BUT, The constant negative comments by supposed Countach enthusiasts has become tiresome.

And not to sound too much like a petulant child, but I would put my lowly USA spec injected 4V Countach up against ANY carbed car produced in a side by side performance comparison, and I think other than a VERY well maintained DD 4V, most would be surprised with the results.

Rant Over :icon_thumleft:

of course all Countach are "True" and gorgeous, FI or not FI, but the factory did it carbed. They put in the FI just to be allowed to sell the car in the USA market.

As the car is Italian, we italians do not like the USA version, or, better: we prefer the euro version, carbed.

Would i buy a FI car? yes, but for less money than a carbed one.

Do i like the FI cars? yes, it's gorgeous like the carbed!

I just wanted to say that "the FI protoype" is not a thing you can use to raise your car value.

ciao

:icon_thumleft:

Does this sum it up?

- FI or FI prototype is not a feature that would redefine the price.

- Every Countach has a history worth documenting.

- Money + emotion = Sincerity in question.

- 2V FI is generally less desirable, but all Countachs are wonderful.

- The car could be priced under the influence (PUI) for informed buyers; i.e. Allan will assess someone's smoking habits within two posts if PUI is suspected.

I think it reasonable to afford SOME premium to the car. Every CT is a one of one and that is why we refer to cars by their vin, and in many cases the more knowledgable guys can even identify them by it. Honestly I think the unique color combo would lure in a buyer more than the "prototype" badge. So add extra valuation on to 70-85k and you come up with something. I was thinking he would post it up around 170k or so, and eventually settle around 120-130 asking range. After all the car was just sold a few months ago, and it was a readily known car that was seen at shows before etc. If there was someone seriously wanting it, they could find a way to get it. Not like the real prototype CT that appeared in a barn out of the blue.

This guy also said he had some very interesting groundbreaking info to reveal from some old documents from the factory and Jas or something of the nature. Then he never did, just dissapeared.