Playing MP3's from a SD card questions

2007gallardo

What is the trick to do this?

I've copied my Itunes Library to a SD card. Put it in and it says loading for a few minutes and no playback.

What am I doing wrong? Manual doesn't seem to help. 08 SL.

thanks

Good luck! I FD around with SD cards for days trying to get them to play in my Gallardo..I finally gave up.

Let me know if you get it figured out.

Cheers

J

What size SD? The largest I have gotten to work is 1GB at this point...it may have difficulty with larger. Also you will want MP3 files...not M4A which is the format iTunes uses in most cases, not all.

What size SD? The largest I have gotten to work is 1GB at this point...it may have difficulty with larger. Also you will want MP3 files...not M4A which is the format iTunes uses in most cases, not all.

I was trying a 4GB

can you help me out a little more on that? way to convert to mp3?

Before you go changing the SD, try converting using MP3 on it first. Try one MP3 for starters just to check if it will handle the 4GB card. You can use a utility like Perdition suggested. There are tons of free options out there for converting, just be careful when installing that it has no adware bogus in it...

OK, getting close. Used that program and put a bunch of converted files onto a 2GB SD card. It is reading the song titles and is flipping back and fourth thru them but will not play them. I ordered a 1 GB SD card and hopefully that will work tomorrow.

you have to use the non high capacity cards. if your card says HC on it it will not work

This...

2 GB standard SD cards are easy to find...There are some 4 GB standard SD's around, but I found it easier to just pick up a bunch of 2GBs and keep them in your ash tray/glovebox/etc...Swap them around as needed to get fresh tunes in there.

The high capacity (SDHC) cards won't work...

This...

2 GB standard SD cards are easy to find...There are some 4 GB standard SD's around, but I found it easier to just pick up a bunch of 2GBs and keep them in your ash tray/glovebox/etc...Swap them around as needed to get fresh tunes in there.

The high capacity (SDHC) cards won't work...

My Kingston 2GB SD card (non HC) did not work. It is reading the song titles and is flipping back and fourth thru them but will not play them.

My Kingston 2GB SD card (non HC) did not work. It is reading the song titles and is flipping back and fourth thru them but will not play them.

What's the bit rate on the mp3's? I think I had trouble with some high bit rate ones, too.

i have a 512mb SD card, will this work to download songs from itunes?

thx guys

As long as they are MP3's. It may play WAVs as well, but I don't think I tried.

Make sure the items you are uploading to your card are mp3 not mp4 or aac files...

I used this program to convert to mp3

Free M4a to MP3 Converter 7.0

Build 61 from 10/10/11

Copyright © 2003-2010 ManiacTools

http://www.ManiacTools.com

you got a few mp3 songs you can email me to try out? see thread above on what is happening

I used this program to convert to mp3

Free M4a to MP3 Converter 7.0

Build 61 from 10/10/11

Copyright © 2003-2010 ManiacTools

http://www.ManiacTools.com

you got a few mp3 songs you can email me to try out? see thread above on what is happening

PM me your e-mail...I'll send a few...

Guys,

It's simple.

The format needs to be in MP3. Try to change your files so it's simpler to read. The worst kind of files are like: 1_bruno_mars_mp3_getitnow.com_blalabla.mp3 (just example). Your car's system gets all screwy when it reads files like this.

It doesn't matter the size of your SD card. I am using my old sandisk 8gb sdcard and it reads everything from the get go.

I've got tired of trying, booked mine in for the iPod connection fitting, which will also give me a little more boot space once the changer has been removed.

There is no need to install a conversion software. If you have iTunes it has a built in conversion option. Check the files on the sd card using a computer. I had something go wrong with the transfer and the song files were 150kb in size. Convert them to mp3 using iTunes. Go with a 196 bitrate just to be on the safe side. Convert them to the computer first, then drag and drop into the sd card. I had a gallardo doing the same thing. I reformatted the sd card them reloaded it with known good mp3 files and it worked.

Im wokring with 320k MP3's fine...no need to sacrifice more sound quality

That's good. I haven't tried 320. Thanks for the info.