roll on drags

azmurciev12

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, 458 seemed to get the jump on the Murci and the Murci still won. That is impressive especially for the minimal mods done to the Murci and given that the 458 ran away from the 570 SL (that was surprising)

Nice to see a decent driver in the Z-R1 and pulling way from the PDK.

Excellent video. Thanks for sharing!!

Wow, 458 seemed to get the jump on the Murci and the Murci still won. That is impressive especially for the minimal mods done to the Murci and given that the 458 ran away from the 570 SL (that was surprising)

i don't know why the lp570 was on sport mode and not corsa

i don't know why the lp570 was on sport mode and not corsa

Wouldnt of mattered for the 570, and no way will the Murci beat the 458..

my murcie is very fast!!! hahaha! that result surprised me as well. i was about 1.5 cars ahead at the end. but it is what it is. we will hopefully get to vbox the 60-130 of the 458 tomorrow night to see how it stacks up with the other exotics here in our country given our conditions.

fyi, my murcie with the DMS tune and RWD vboxed exactly the same number as the SLS and LP640 so i'm pretty happy with its performance considering it's going on 10 years old. and i've ran with the SLS and its dead even until 280kph confirming the vbox result.

my murcie is very fast!!! hahaha! that result surprised me as well. i was about 1.5 cars ahead at the end. but it is what it is. we will hopefully get to vbox the 60-130 of the 458 tomorrow night to see how it stacks up with the other exotics here in our country given our conditions.

fyi, my murcie with the DMS tune and RWD vboxed exactly the same number as the SLS and LP640 so i'm pretty happy with its performance considering it's going on 10 years old. and i've ran with the SLS and its dead even until 280kph confirming the vbox result.

:icon_thumleft:

It's all about RWD! :icon_mrgreen:

SLS is slow.. Gets smoked by a Lp560.. 458 is certainly faster, just needs a driver change..

Your Murci must be really fast because it looked like the 458 was about 1.5 cars ahead of you upon take off and for you to come back and put another 1.5 cars on it speaks volume.

But your post is a little confusing because if your Murci only vbox'd as fast as an SLS, not sure how you can beat a 458 like you did. An SLS is not anywhere near as fast as a 458. So something is a little off....I think.

Your Murci must be really fast because it looked like the 458 was about 1.5 cars ahead of you upon take off and for you to come back and put another 1.5 cars on it speaks volume.

But your post is a little confusing because if your Murci only vbox'd as fast as an SLS, not sure how you can beat a 458 like you did. An SLS is not anywhere near as fast as a 458. So something is a little off....I think.

Murci's have the tendency of confusing people :icon_mrgreen: .

Azmurciev12 thats a bad ass car!

nice vid allan. that's the LP640 of my friend which I was driving for the vbox run.

here is the SLS v. 570SL (they are not so far off) and it seems the 570SL only catches it on the higher speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyT5dNkj_yY...mp;feature=plcp

as far as the 458 v. SLS, i recall there was a top gear vid (i can't find the vid) that had the SLS edging out the 458 by a nose. i really think these 2 cars are very close from a roll.

hopefully after tonight i'll have more news after the runs, if the 458 finally shows up.

nice vid allan. that's the LP640 of my friend which I was driving for the vbox run.

here is the SLS v. 570SL (they are not so far off) and it seems the 570SL only catches it on the higher speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyT5dNkj_yY...mp;feature=plcp

as far as the 458 v. SLS, i recall there was a top gear vid (i can't find the vid) that had the SLS edging out the 458 by a nose. i really think these 2 cars are very close from a roll.

hopefully after tonight i'll have more news after the runs, if the 458 finally shows up.

Again, bad drivers.. You can see in first race, they are on it.. off it.. back into it, all the while still filming it.. Second race you can see by how long the lp570 is in gear for at such a low speed that its in the wrong gear.. A 458 will walk away from an SLS no problem at all..

Of course the 570 struggled. The video where the camera is in the SL tells the story.

Sorry az, but you need to put some drivers in these cars. (yes, even auto like cars can be driven improperly)

I know of an owner that lives close by that has a RWD Murci and some bolt ons. (White Out, where you at??) :icon_mrgreen: I will be happy to have a quick run with him from a 50-150 and report back. At least this way you will know what happens when the driver behind the 560 picks the appropriate gear to start from, and not one that revs out for 5 full seconds before having to shift again..;-)

Of course the 570 struggled. The video where the camera is in the SL tells the story.

Sorry az, but you need to put some drivers in these cars. (yes, even auto like cars can be driven improperly)

I know of an owner that lives close by that has a RWD Murci and some bolt ons. (White Out, where you at??) :icon_mrgreen: I will be happy to have a quick run with him from a 50-150 and report back. At least this way you will know what happens when the driver behind the 560 picks the appropriate gear to start from, and not one that revs out for 5 full seconds before having to shift again..;-)

Would love to see the vids!

Ferrari 458 60-130 vbox result: 9.1 seconds. that is on our Philippine condition and fuel. i'm sure many other would do better.

for comparison, on the same road and similar weather the LP640, SLS and my modified Murcielago all did 8.8 seconds -dead even with each other. this somehow confirms what happened in the dragrace of the 458 against my murcie on the vid.

as for the LP570 that went against the 458 on the video, there must be something wrong with his car. it actually didn't sound good during that event. another friend who has an LP570 does consistent vbox times of 8.5 seconds. and with an akrapovich exhaust and more practice, he is actually down to 8.1 seconds -on the same stretch of road where all the vbox numbers are taken.

Nice vids, but I agree with the above comments. There is no way on this planet a 458 loses to the cars it's losing to in these vids.

Also, the real 570 SL is nowhere near as slow as these vids are showing, either.

i.e. things just aren't adding up in these vids and it's because the cars aren't being driven properly for the purposes of these videos.

And one more thing: whereTF are you guys driving these exotics in the Philippines?!...there's NOWHERE to freakin drive those kinds of cars over there!...the roads are fcuking horrible over there (including Manila)! I would be leery of driving my freakin Honda there! Traffic sucks and people drive in places where there's nowhere to even drive over there! And people walk in front of cars as if there's no fcuking cars over there!...WTF!

The only places to drive are that national highway thingy, which is freakin boring as hell or drive around in circles in Makati or something. lmao

Ferrari 458 60-130 vbox result: 9.1 seconds. that is on our Philippine condition and fuel. i'm sure many other would do better.

for comparison, on the same road and similar weather the LP640, SLS and my modified Murcielago all did 8.8 seconds -dead even with each other. this somehow confirms what happened in the dragrace of the 458 against my murcie on the vid.

as for the LP570 that went against the 458 on the video, there must be something wrong with his car. it actually didn't sound good during that event. another friend who has an LP570 does consistent vbox times of 8.5 seconds. and with an akrapovich exhaust and more practice, he is actually down to 8.1 seconds -on the same stretch of road where all the vbox numbers are taken.

If the 458 is going 9.1 60-130.. Its one of these options:

1. Shoot the driver

2. Broken car running on 4 cylinders.. 458 is a mid 7 sec 60-130 car allday, anyday..

allan, i think it's the conditions here and the fuel quality -not optimal. all the cars here in the philippines are much slower compared to your times in the US. they did several runs yesterday and really 9.1sec was what came out -believe it or not. they also did a run against the SLS and the MB was the faster car. hopefully will get some videos and graphs soon.

as i have said, the all stock LP570 is the faster car clocking at 8.5 sec. we also have an LP560 doing a time very close to that.

And one more thing: whereTF are you guys driving these exotics in the Philippines?!...there's NOWHERE to freakin drive those kinds of cars over there!...the roads are fcuking horrible over there (including Manila)!

that's so true. we only go around the 2 national highways and the highway connect going to Clark-Subic for long drives. yes it is boring as it is merely straightaways but you can go as fast as you can without worry of being put to jail or being fined like crazy. for quick roundabouts, we have the skyway as shown on the vids where we take the vbox times. it's quite long so 280-300kmh is easy. there are also some nice twisty roads to drive on about 1 hour away from the capital so it's not so bad.

in this sense, i actually enjoy owning exotics here more. in the US, you are always scared to get tagged by the cops overspeeding and maybe only do short bursts of triple digits speeds. here, that's very common on our early morning drives and we can stay at it for a long time and not worry.

allan, i think it's the conditions here and the fuel quality -not optimal. all the cars here in the philippines are much slower compared to your times in the US. they did several runs yesterday and really 9.1sec was what came out -believe it or not. they also did a run against the SLS and the MB was the faster car. hopefully will get some videos and graphs soon.

as i have said, the all stock LP570 is the faster car clocking at 8.5 sec. we also have an LP560 doing a time very close to that.

Fuel quality in California is probably the worst in the U.S., and my 458 was getting high 7's on non dedicated 60-130's.. Fact remains, A rwd, with no matter what you did to it barring TT's or Nitrous Murcielago will get smoked by a 458... In RWD, the Murci will dyno around 460rwhp with full exhaust, no cats, air filters etc for a healthy car. 458's on same dyno 480rwhp stock.. Then you have the fact the Murci is substantially heavier even after RWD conversion... ANd last but not least the Murci will lose 1-2ths of a sec on every shift to the 458.. The 570 will beat the Murci too, no problems.

Ranking those cars from fastest to slowest

458/Lp570 Both around same, very close from dead stop, 458 should be slightly quicker from a roll.

SLS

Murci RWD

well no point to argue. i just say as we see it here. for sure the LP570 or even LP560 is fast, faster than SLS. but really not too sure on the 458 -maybe we get to try a different car and see how that goes.

but as far as my RWD Murcie v. SLS, we've ran on an airport runway until the end and it's dead even -surprising really! if we get some other runs in, will post it again.

there are some things that look impossible but it is. look at the cars my 1M beat. and just last night a panamera turbo lost to my 1M. but i really couldn't beat a tuned C63. here's the vid of my 1M.

az,

No body can argue what happened with you happened. It is what it is. Who knows, maybe in the Philippines the SLS is a freak for whatever reason, but here in the US, a 458 would destroy an SLS - not even close. I think a 458 is a taqd faster than a LP560, too.

I will try to get a run in with a rwd murci with bolt ons versus my bone stock 560 and capture the action on video and post it.

I'm down for a run. My car hangs with 600whp mustangs/camaros. I pull on ams650 GTRs in 4th (in low gears I get slaughtered).

Nick

Nick, let me know when you are free to get some runs in. If your car pulls on modded GTRs, then maybe rwd/tuned Murci's are as fast as AZ is saying. No way would a 560 hang or even be close against a modded GTR.