Teckademics8

Anybody have Instagram? I'm a little obsessed, follow me at

@thatphotographer

579390_1717107608443_1260810871_31558327_1263475455_n.jpg

574589_1716380190258_1260810871_31558148_1424801934_n.jpg

579307_1711195580646_1260810871_31554751_188165204_n.jpg

564593_1693760224773_1260810871_31542472_774091860_n.jpg

-Spencer

Please don't take this the wrong way, your photos are great... but to be honest, I'd rather see the real, clear photo. I'm tired of this instragram filter crap. It's like we pay for these expensive cameras and expensive phones with good cameras then we apply a software filter that makes them look like crap did back in the 60's again.

No thanks.

That's the point of instagram. It creates a strong emotional connection between what you take a photo of today and your childhood memories. That's why it's so popular, it manages to give any photo a nostalgic feel good quality.

Please don't take this the wrong way, your photos are great... but to be honest, I'd rather see the real, clear photo. I'm tired of this instragram filter crap. It's like we pay for these expensive cameras and expensive phones with good cameras then we apply a software filter that makes them look like crap did back in the 60's again.

No thanks.

That's the point of instagram. It creates a strong emotional connection between what you take a photo of today and your childhood memories. That's why it's so popular, it manages to give any photo a nostalgic feel good quality.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I hate it. To each his own. The only thing it connects in my brain is a likeness to crappy Polaroids.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I hate it. To each his own. The only thing it connects in my brain is a likeness to crappy Polaroids.

30 million+ users and a billion dollar purchase would disagree with you.

30 million+ users and a billion dollar purchase would disagree with you.

The same thing could be said for Groupon -- but eventually, logic wins :) Time will tell.

The same thing could be said for Groupon -- but eventually, logic wins :) Time will tell.

btw I don't instagram either and i feel as you do, but as I already said in another thread, hipsters are the current techie trendsetters.

The notion that it harks back to the days of my youth is absurd. Anyone old enough to have been young in the 60's doesn't use Instagram.

Instagram is more than just a photography filter app. (You can post up unfiltered photos as well) It's a social media app that works the same way that twitter does but only with photos instead of text. If you enjoy taking photos and social media, it's a great app for you, if not then it would not be. Simple as that. :)

polaroids were around in he 70`s and 80`s - perhaps early 90`s as I guess as I got film with best before aug 1997 IIRC.

I got a great polaroid sx70 and 2 600 cameras. They produce some great photos but Im lucky if 50% work out - the film is expensive. Instagram is a good option. But I use the real stuff more.

A 600 camera can be had for less than a hundred. but the film is 30 to 40 bucks for 10 photos. Instagram is a cheap option but Im surprised how unauthentic the filters are. They need to screw the pics up a LOT more.

36bpou.jpg

Funny thing is, I am LOL.

Instagram is just something that I picked up awhile back, it's less dramatic than Facebook and I have always had a passion for photography. It's a creative way to make friends and stay connected through your interests.

If you have it, feel free to follow me, if you don't, carry on!

Thanks guys. Hope to get some new followers!

Funny thing is, I am LOL.

Instagram is just something that I picked up awhile back, it's less dramatic than Facebook and I have always had a passion for photography. It's a creative way to make friends and stay connected through your interests.

If you have it, feel free to follow me, if you don't, carry on!

Thanks guys. Hope to get some new followers!

ya i know. i followed you last week too ;)

i thought instagram was stupid as shit but its actually pretty cool. like twitter but with pictures.

All the professional photographers I am friends with use it and love it. I didn't get it until I played around with it some. It's fun. It's neat. It's not meant to be taken TOO seriously. Is it worth 1 BILLION? I don't think so. I also think Facebook is way overvalued and Groupon should have moved at the the opportunity to be bought when it had the chance.

Like I said once, once the teenage and college girls leave Facebook - expect it to fall flat on its face. The old people who are on it won't be around forever. I could be wrong, but once something easier, better, more "in fashion" comes along - it's over for Facebook, Instagram, etc.

They have to remain ahead of a very unpredictable and hard to understand market.

I've got it. I don't use filters on every photo and I don't allow most followers. For me, it's a kind of personal photo blog with images from my everyday life.

Wow. I thought I recognized your name so I went back to the app to look and I was last looking at your page. I had just started following you. How's that for coincidence?

I was hesitant to join due to the hipster image, but its a new place to share some car photos. Yes, the actual Instagram filters suck, so I never use them. I edit them with other software on my computer and then move them to my phone. The only really annoying thing is that the pictures have to be a square.