Put a deposit on this Gallardo today, anyone know it?

KaiatEliteMS

Been looking for a 6 Speed Gallardo for sometime now and I think this is it. Assuming PPI goes well I will be finalizing the purchase on this car very soon. Should be flying out to check it out and get the PPI done (while I'm there) within a week. Very excited! :lol2:

Gallardo

both these cars are also for sale on one/manheim so I'd imagine they are trying to move them. Pretty sure the one with 5,000 miles just sold recently (I think the buyer posted on here or another board as well).

Either way, if you want the car get it checked out, if it's clean make a solid offer and enjoy!!!

weren't the black/yellow cars very early dealer demos?

Yes...And this one is car #109...Which is very early...However, it is a 6 speed, and most of the issues were on the E-gear cars.

Hopefully this one has had all the bugs worked out, and a very extensive PPI should make sure all is well.

Best of luck with your purchase!

both these cars are also for sale on one/manheim so I'd imagine they are trying to move them. Pretty sure the one with 5,000 miles just sold recently (I think the buyer posted on here or another board as well).

Either way, if you want the car get it checked out, if it's clean make a solid offer and enjoy!!!

Mark its nice to see you on here.

Couple of things you should know if you didn't already know...this car is an early production car...ie a launch car. All of the launch cars were the same color combo, black with the yellow interior...should be metallic black and not gloss black, difficult to tell in the photos. The production date on this car is in 2003, so that verifies it as a VERY early production car.

These launch cars had no options on them...nothing, just base six speed cars. The carbon fiber kit that is in the interior is most likely aftermarket, the stereo is positively aftermarket, CF door sills aftermarket, sub woofer behind the seat and the painted calipers all done at another time and not from the factory...not a big deal, but you should be aware if you are not already.

Inspect the service documents closely, especially the mileage from when the clutch was done until now, often times people get too excited about their purchase and overlook this aspect, skipping the fact that the "new clutch" was done 7k miles ago...not saying this is the case here, just review the docs closely.

On the retail side, this is one of the hardest color combos to sell...not to mention that it's a launch car, some people call them press cars, same thing...for a few grand more, you can step into a mild optioned 05 and at least get the front lift system, which the 04's do not have.

Either way, if this information helps you negotiate and you get what you want, then that is all that matters! Enjoy!

Couple of things you should know if you didn't already know...this car is an early production car...ie a launch car. All of the launch cars were the same color combo, black with the yellow interior...should be metallic black and not gloss black, difficult to tell in the photos. The production date on this car is in 2003, so that verifies it as a VERY early production car.

These launch cars had no options on them...nothing, just base six speed cars. The carbon fiber kit that is in the interior is most likely aftermarket, the stereo is positively aftermarket, CF door sills aftermarket, sub woofer behind the seat and the painted calipers all done at another time and not from the factory...not a big deal, but you should be aware if you are not already.

Inspect the service documents closely, especially the mileage from when the clutch was done until now, often times people get too excited about their purchase and overlook this aspect, skipping the fact that the "new clutch" was done 7k miles ago...not saying this is the case here, just review the docs closely.

On the retail side, this is one of the hardest color combos to sell...not to mention that it's a launch car, some people call them press cars, same thing...for a few grand more, you can step into a mild optioned 05 and at least get the front lift system, which the 04's do not have.

Either way, if this information helps you negotiate and you get what you want, then that is all that matters! Enjoy!

excellent information and thank you very much for sharing your knowledge!

Thank you for the info, I know of the facts you stated, thanks again very informative. The clutch was replaced less than 3K miles ago (dealer has documents from Lamborghini of Denver).

Very good and accurate information Kevin. Lambo dealers got two launch cars. One manual and one egear. As Kevin states the launch cars were metallic black (above mentioned gallardo)with the two tone interior, and a Pearl yellow egear. The glass bonnet was not available on the early 2004's and neither were power seats if you ordered an early 2004 gallardo. However our Pearl Yellow E-Gear demo did have a power seat. So if you have a Pearl Yellow early 2004 gallardo with power seats.... it was a demo. In our instance, we never did drive the 6 speed at the dealership and only the egear for demo drives. So it was sold with delivery miles.

IN REGARDS TO THE INSPECTION: The technician at Denver has been working on Lambos for at least 15 years, and possibly longer. He is a great guy, and very good at what he does. I truly respect his work, opinion, and honesty. You will be in good hands with him doing the inspection. So if you are in the Denver area, you have a very quaified person to service your vehicle. The Lambo Franchise has changed ownership a several times in the last few years, but the newest owner is very close to becoming an authorized dealer to sell lambos again. They are a factory authorized service center.

The 2004 egear's did have the most issues because of the ECU software, but part of the problem was the clutch pack also. The clutch was a superceded(upgraded) part more than once, and if the dealer purchased a clutch pack from Lamborghini after mid 2005, you will be good to go. Note: most owners when they paid their own money for a new clutch, take a more careful approach to how they drive the car afterwards.

Good luck!

I flew out to Denver yesterday. After spending the majority of the afternoon doing the PPI @ Denver Lamborghini (Many thanks to Todd D. for making me feel very comfortable) the car passed my expectations (it already had when I saw and drove it to the PPI location) and once I got the go ahead from the PPI I pulled the trigger. Long story short, the car will be on the next truck over to NY! Enclosed ofcourse. I am very excited and have even considered driving it cross country but it just didn't seem reasonable.

Thank you to Leon @ Rocky Mt. Eurosport he treated me very well throughout the entire process and is a very nice individual and ofcourse the entire crew at Lamborghini of Denver especially Todd for performing the PPI and letting me in his shop without any questions.

I flew out to Denver yesterday. After spending the majority of the afternoon doing the PPI @ Denver Lamborghini (Many thanks to Todd D. for making me feel very comfortable) the car passed my expectations (it already had when I saw and drove it to the PPI location) and once I got the go ahead from the PPI I pulled the trigger. Long story short, the car will be on the next truck over to NY! Enclosed ofcourse. I am very excited and have even considered driving it cross country but it just didn't seem reasonable.

Thank you to Leon @ Rocky Mt. Eurosport he treated me very well throughout the entire process and is a very nice individual and ofcourse the entire crew at Lamborghini of Denver especially Todd for performing the PPI and letting me in his shop without any questions.

Congratz! Post pics once you get it and don't swil us :icon_thumleft:

Can you Pm me Todd's number. TIA

• 2 weeks later...