Performante Weight

DBK

Funny, my wife chose the Racing seats, and I had her sit in every Lamborghini Gallardo that Lamborghini Las Vegas had in their showroom and lot. She still to this day, compared to the Scuderia, loves the Lamborghini race seats, she is very slight, and feels they hold her in place better. They take some getting used to, very hard feel, until you get used to it. I grew to love them too, and know those will be coming with the SV also.

Big weight difference between the seats BTW, as you know well in your project 670.

Big difference in weight. Emily uses it almost as a DD (goes between that and the Panamera) so she wanted the comfort seats. To me racing seats in a convertible are silly.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have driven both the F430 and Scuderia, to me the Scuderia is significantly faster. Also drove the Scuderia and 458 on the track back to back, did not feel a significant difference.

When an owner is able to open his garage, and can drive both cars back to back for a solid 2 months, think I might know something about a little something. I traded the Performante in on the 670SV, why, simple, because the Scuderia is the better, faster, more exciting car.

:jackoff: :jackoff:

Done here.. its like talking to a 3yr old.. Gave you the chance to put up or shut up with the Vbox..

:jackoff: :jackoff:

Done here.. its like talking to a 3yr old.. Gave you the chance to put up or shut up with the Vbox..

Wait til after the Seattle RTC event, if I can't get a race between a Performante, or at least an LP560 Spyder, I will pm you my address. Very generous offer, appreciate it.

Big difference in weight. Emily uses it almost as a DD (goes between that and the Panamera) so she wanted the comfort seats. To me racing seats in a convertible are silly.

With regards to the 458, the race seats are the most comfortable seats. They have more padding then the same race seats used for the Scuderia and 16M.

Agree on your thoughts, but a race type convertible is a silly idea in itself, regardless of what type of seats you choose.

I tried both often, with window up and down, and since I like to keep my cars looking new, especially one's with alcantara seats, I almost lost my passenger seat towel plenty of times. Wonder if I bought a Lemon? :)

I also have a hard time with forward visibility, and I am only 5' 11" tall. I seem to always be staring at the top of the windshield, and I had Lamborghini Las Vegas adjust the seat to the most lean back position, only two choices, and seats must come out to make adjustments.

From a stoplight, I had to lean down to even see when the light turned green.

So you refuse to race from a dig because it's too hard on the clutch, you make your passengers sit on towels, and you've never taken the cars above 140...

:rolleyes:

So you refuse to race from a dig because it's too hard on the clutch, you make your passengers sit on towels, and you've never taken the cars above 140...

:rolleyes:

Your 2nd statement is correct, and number 3 is partly correct, as I did not take the Performante over 140, have not taken the Scuderia over 140, have been over 140 in my 1987 930, and my 360 Spider.

A standing start race is not a fair race when you have AWD vs 2wd. A stock GTR gets smoked against every similar hp car from a roll, why, simple, it loses it's launch advantage, and it's a heavy pig.

30-130 or maybe 40-130 would be a better race, both cars starting in 2nd gear.

I said give it til after the weekend, I didn't say no.

Your 2nd statement is correct, and number 3 is partly correct, as I did not take the Performante over 140, have not taken the Scuderia over 140, have been over 140 in my 1987 930, and my 360 Spider.

A standing start race is not a fair race when you have AWD vs 2wd. A stock GTR gets smoked against every similar hp car from a roll, why, simple, it loses it's launch advantage, and it's a heavy pig.

30-130 or maybe 40-130 would be a better race, both cars starting in 2nd gear.

I said give it til after the weekend, I didn't say no.

You do not race 2 cars from same gear, you race from a speed, each car in the best gear suited.. You do understand cars have different gear ratios, torque peaks etc..

You do not race 2 cars from same gear, you race from a speed, each car in the best gear suited.. You do understand cars have different gear ratios, torque peaks etc..

Absolutely, but the Scud and Performante both max out in 1st gear a little over 40 mph, so what is wrong with my suggestion?

Allan, what's the point?

There is only one way to solve this. A Race. Starting from maxed out 1st gear to 140 mph to 0. Might as well have a mandatory towel in the passenger seat. The outcome will be judged by the first to stop plus 1 second for every 1/4 inch the towel moves. Measured ahead of race and compared after of course.

Then we will know everything

Allan, what's the point?

There is only one way to solve this. A Race. Starting from maxed out 1st gear to 140 mph to 0. Might as well have a mandatory towel in the passenger seat. The outcome will be judged by the first to stop plus 1 second for every 1/4 inch the towel moves. Measured ahead of race and compared after of course.

Then we will know everything

Great idea. The towel rules all.

Absolutely, but the Scud and Performante both max out in 1st gear a little over 40 mph, so what is wrong with my suggestion?

You would want to start the Performante from 40 mph in 1st gear and have to deal with one more shift up to 140 mph? Ok, sounds good to me, I will start in 2nd.

You would want to start the Performante from 40 mph in 1st gear and have to deal with one more shift up to 140 mph? Ok, sounds good to me, I will start in 2nd.

Did you just quote yourself and disagree with yourself in your earlier comment? Wait.. what?

Did you just quote yourself and disagree with yourself in your earlier comment? Wait.. what?

You are reading something else out of that first comment. Why in the world would you start in 1st if you could only get another 5-7 mph? Maybe if the car had a DCT transmission, but neither the Scud or LP's are so equipped.

I only know Tom, and casually at that, up in Seattle. If you guys know someone up there with one of the LP's mentioned, let me know and we will set it up. There will be tons of people up there to video it.

So how did you like your Lotus Esprit TTV8..

Well after I spent a bunch of money fixing Lotus of Atlanta's shitty pre-inspection work, was ok.

I should have spent more time re-watching The Top Gear review, and seeing how every time he shifted the gear box, how his face looked just like a guy after sucking on a lemon after drinking a shot of tequila.

Cool looking car, way too low in front, cool exhaust after adding sport cats and straight pipes, but the gearbox is not helpful at all in doing quick acceleration runs. Here it is:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F...h?v=lT5rfcUWZ9Y

Sorry about the delay, washing a car in 20 degree weather, and then setting the emergency brake is not very smart.

Well after I spent a bunch of money fixing Lotus of Atlanta's shitty pre-inspection work, was ok.

I should have spent more time re-watching The Top Gear review, and seeing how every time he shifted the gear box, how his face looked just like a guy after sucking on a lemon after drinking a shot of tequila.

Cool looking car, way too low in front, cool exhaust after adding sport cats and straight pipes, but the gearbox is not helpful at all in doing quick acceleration runs. Here it is:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F...h?v=lT5rfcUWZ9Y

Sorry about the delay, washing a car in 20 degree weather, and then setting the emergency brake is not very smart.

Ive owned 2 Esprits, and especially factoring that you can buy them for 40-50K, they are inmo the best bang for the buck out there.. The Gearbox is def not the best there is, but can be learned to be manipulated quickly. My Last Esprit , a final edition with a few mods was faster than a Gallardo..

esprit V8 is a very nice car. one of the cars i previously owned that i want to buy again, mod a little bit and collect

I have a very well sorted, nice 2002 Anniversary Edition at Cat's Exotic's up in Seattle area. GMendoza over on Lotustalk.com has one of the fastest V8's in the country. To take mine up to his level, you need to re-flow the Turbo's, and add water/methanol injection, blow off valves, upgrade the waste gate capsules (have new stainless forged capsules not installed) upgrade to red race ecu program, upgraded transmission kit, remove cats, add boost controller. Stock is about 300 at the wheels, mine should be around 350 at the wheels, his is 430hp at the wheels at 15 lbs. of boost. I have his contact info if you want it. A few videos on YouTube of his car pulling pre 2008 Gallardo's from a rolling start. If you like the Esprit, I would just do like I did, and move up to sport cats, KN's, and Hi-Torque 2004 ECU program. Only other thing would be to add the transmission kit, cost is around 4k plus installation, then leave the car alone.

Here is his car, silver one, next to a car set up like mine:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F...h?v=iD4fM6-hPX4

I have a very well sorted, nice 2002 Anniversary Edition at Cat's Exotic's up in Seattle area. GMendoza over on Lotustalk.com has one of the fastest V8's in the country. To take mine up to his level, you need to re-flow the Turbo's, and add water/methanol injection, blow off valves, upgrade the waste gate capsules (have new stainless forged capsules not installed) upgrade to red race ecu program, upgraded transmission kit, remove cats, add boost controller. Stock is about 300 at the wheels, mine should be around 350 at the wheels, his is 430hp at the wheels at 15 lbs. of boost. I have his contact info if you want it. A few videos on YouTube of his car pulling pre 2008 Gallardo's from a rolling start. If you like the Esprit, I would just do like I did, and move up to sport cats, KN's, and Hi-Torque 2004 ECU program. Only other thing would be to add the transmission kit, cost is around 4k plus installation, then leave the car alone.

Here is his car, silver one, next to a car set up like mine:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F...h?v=iD4fM6-hPX4

he's a member here and he bought the esprit from Allan.

esprit V8 is a very nice car. one of the cars i previously owned that i want to buy again, mod a little bit and collect

Im with you!

Small world. Seems Allan has owned them all?

Yes... Ive owned a few cars here and there :downtown: ... The Final Edition Esprit comes with the red race ECU btw... mine dynoed almost 350rwhp bone stock..

Yes... Ive owned a few cars here and there :downtown: ... The Final Edition Esprit comes with the red race ECU btw... mine dynoed almost 350rwhp bone stock..

The Final Edition Esprit DOES NOT come with the Red Race ECU, it comes with the Hi-Torque ECU Code. Basically what the Hi Torque does is gives full boost in 2nd gear through 5th gear. Stock ECU gives you a progressive boost increase, and you only get max boost in 5th gear, which is completely useless, but Lotus does this to protect their weak gearbox.

The Red Race ECU gives you full boost in 1st - 5th, which is dangerous, for people who don't understand that 1st gear needs to be babied, also because 1st gear anyway is way too low of ratio.

Also, the Red Race ECU raises the rev limiter to 7200 RPM, up from 7000 RPM, and it will also ignore the sensors in the cats, if you decide to go full straight pipe exhaust, so you will not get a CEL.

The only thing you get with a Final Edition Esprit, made in 2003.5 and 2004, is different color on front grill, oval holes in the rear exhaust stainless piece, instead of round, quilted lower seats, stainless A/C controls, cheesy Tire Pressure aftermarket monitoring system, and the Hi-Torque ECU programming.

My car has all of this already, except the TPS device, the different front and rear grills, front is just painted a different color, same piece, and the quilted seat bottoms.

I also have the Euro Momo GT3 steering wheel, instead of the cheesy Pontiac wheel that Esprit's come with, even made a custom Lotus Horn button.

True a Final Edtion, or any V8 with the Hi-Torque ECU will dyno higher since you are now getting full boost in 4th gear, the normal gear used for dynoing. Mine also has hi-flow cats, which will move that number up. Most guys cars set up like mine will dyno around 370 whp.

The Final Edition Esprit DOES NOT come with the Red Race ECU, it comes with the Hi-Torque ECU Code. Basically what the Hi Torque does is gives full boost in 2nd gear through 5th gear. Stock ECU gives you a progressive boost increase, and you only get max boost in 5th gear, which is completely useless, but Lotus does this to protect their weak gearbox.

The Red Race ECU gives you full boost in 1st - 5th, which is dangerous, for people who don't understand that 1st gear needs to be babied, also because 1st gear anyway is way too low of ratio.

Also, the Red Race ECU raises the rev limiter to 7200 RPM, up from 7000 RPM, and it will also ignore the sensors in the cats, if you decide to go full straight pipe exhaust, so you will not get a CEL.

The only thing you get with a Final Edition Esprit, made in 2003.5 and 2004, is different color on front grill, oval holes in the rear exhaust stainless piece, instead of round, quilted lower seats, stainless A/C controls, cheesy Tire Pressure aftermarket monitoring system, and the Hi-Torque ECU programming.

My car has all of this already, except the TPS device, the different front and rear grills, front is just painted a different color, same piece, and the quilted seat bottoms.

I also have the Euro Momo GT3 steering wheel, instead of the cheesy Pontiac wheel that Esprit's come with, even made a custom Lotus Horn button.

True a Final Edtion, or any V8 with the Hi-Torque ECU will dyno higher since you are now getting full boost in 4th gear, the normal gear used for dynoing. Mine also has hi-flow cats, which will move that number up. Most guys cars set up like mine will dyno around 370 whp.

You may be right, had soo many cars sometimes I forget.. All I know is the final edition has an upgraded ECU. I did the red race ecu afterfact then.. I built the final edition over 6yrs ago. the build was covered by Modified Luxury and Exotics..