MP412C upgrades

we finally got one in... off the batt we will be doing an exhaust (200cel HJS cat to replace the primarys and bypass the secondary cat, a ECU tune, and...... not sure what else, any suggestions from owners?

546628_10102840638509544_9357349_9217336

primary cat we will be replacing with a higher flowing HJS unit:

IMAG1362.jpg

I love that someone finally got the point and put a huge outlet on the hotside.

And it looks like the reason they did was to allow space to package a catalytic converter right at the turbine outlet. Doh! Should be room for noticeable spool and power improvements in that setup for you guys!

we finally got one in... off the batt we will be doing an exhaust (200cel HJS cat to replace the primarys and bypass the secondary cat, a ECU tune, and...... not sure what else, any suggestions from owners?

546628_10102840638509544_9357349_9217336

primary cat we will be replacing with a higher flowing HJS unit:

IMAG1362.jpg

Suggestions, add the GT3 nose to get rid of the Blue Whale smiling looking front end!

• 4 weeks later...

a little sneak preview of the first round of mods for the typewriter:

primary cats replaced with 200cel HJS racing cats, the secondary cats were bypassed and all factory tabs and fittings were duplicated and retained notice the springs... because race car :bananahump: ..

IMAG1839.jpg

IMAG1843.jpg

mclaren.jpg

IMAG1842.jpg

and the x-pipe we made (the factory "performance" exhaust is actually just an h-pipe and costs upwards of 5k!!) :

stock:

IMAG1630.jpg

ours:

IMAG1736.jpg

and our tips (we are also coming out with a quad tip)

tip.jpg

Is it weird that I expected more gains? Or have you not done the ecu flash yet? I expected around 680 hp at the flywheel after everything is done. Would this be accurate?

Is it weird that I expected more gains? Or have you not done the ecu flash yet? I expected around 680 hp at the flywheel after everything is done. Would this be accurate?

another 100hp with tune and exhaust should be realistic IMO

these cars are going to be the next exotic version of GTR's!!!

wowzer. imagine this along with the ecu upgrade coming up... its going to hit 650 hp easily... and with the weight... its gonna be fast. How much hp gain with the high flow cat? Also, will it pass emissions?

we did not tune it yet. also, the car put down 610whp with the cat bypass and x-pipe (with no tune) which would put us around 680 depending on what % you are taking away for drivetrain loss.

Are these cars not susceptible to CELs like Gallardo with exhaust mods?

this one did pop a CEL with the bypass pipes HOWEVER we should be able to resolve that and turn it off with a tune.

another 100hp with tune and exhaust should be realistic IMO

these cars are going to be the next exotic version of GTR's!!!

i agree completely.

wowzer. imagine this along with the ecu upgrade coming up... its going to hit 650 hp easily... and with the weight... its gonna be fast. How much hp gain with the high flow cat? Also, will it pass emissions?

it picked up 28whp/29tq with the cats (on a mustang dyno).. it should pass emissions, we are using the highest quality catalytic converters HJS offers on this car.

here is a little vid of the car with the bypass pipes and x pipe on a shop near us' Mustang Dyno

with the high flow cat, any issues with CEL? how long is the install time on high flow cat? Also, would the high flow cat still fit onto the factory x pipe for owners who have the factory "sport" exhaust option?

we have the install down to 2 hours roughly but for your first time with all the shielding and what not on the car i would say 4-6 hours.. and yes, you can use both catted and catless pipes with the factory h-pipe. I will let you know about CEL issues tomorrow, we cleared the light today from the cat-less version and will drive it with the cats tomorrow.

v10 still sounds better...but then again LPwhatever will get trounced by a modded fax machine. :(

i agree, however i think small displacement big hp is the way of the "future" (GT-R, mclaren, ferrari [relatively small V8 that is]) i still love me some 6.x liter v12 the most though :)

V10s and V12s are the best sounding, period. But still, I take what I said before back. 610 whp without tune is crazy power. Tune should give quite a bit more. That's friggin insane. Love it! This car is the exotic GT-R. Ridiculously capable.