Cleaning Light Leather Interior

Jerry123

Got a very light beige interior on my SL600 that needs a good cleaning and conditioning. What are the best products and/or methods to go about this?

I used Lexol cleaner. It was pretty mild and therefore good if the leather isn't too soiled. Soft brush works well on textured / perforated leather

Warm water on a microfiber towel works pretty well too.

If you do have stubborn spots, i also found carpet cleaner to be very effective. It will bleach the spot so you may want to apply to a wet towel to dilute it. I dont think this is proper detailing technique but i did find it very effective on stubborn marks.

get a leather cleaner and a toothbrush and go over the leather of the car. spray then brush in circular motion. that's the best process i've tried. the toothbrush really brings up the dirt. follow by leather conditioner.

Everyone I know uses this...

http://www.leatherique.com/

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

A few pieces of advice with leatherique, it needs 2 things time and heat if you need to move the car put a plastic garbage bag over the seat so you dont get it all over your clothes (but dont use any bags with ink printed on it). It does work very well though

Here is a good tutorial on how to use leatherique

I agree on the leatherique, I have it used it and had great results