99SV imported 1 of 25

bikeman

I know the 599 and the Diablo are two different cars 8 yrs apart in technology. Iam just having trouble on price as to what the Diablo is worth and the money I have into my 599 (255K). I do love the looks of the Diablo BUT I have not driven one. My original intention was to get a 2001 Diablo and I found a few I like but they are from private owners who dont want to trade and they want 175-185 K for their cars...Thanks for your feedback. I was also told the same from the owner of a 08 Murci who owned a 599..

The Diablo will drive like a truck compared to the 599. If feasible, you should buy the Diablo and keep the 599 as from a drivability stanpoint of view, the Diablo loses hands down. The lowdown on the Diablo: Slow shifter,bad brakes although the 99 cars are better than the earlier models, so so handling and quite tail happy, suspect quality of finish and really not that fast compared to newer exotics.

What you do get however is a hand made vehicle that looks stunning. Next to the Diablo GT, The SV is imo one the best looking Diablo's out there and the look is timeless

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, take your 599 and the Diablo to a gas station or any show. People will walk right by the 599 on their way to the Diablo. It's impossible to get more exotic. As far as performance? How much do you need for street use? Refinement/technology is what's making newer cars boring. It's not all about speed.

Just a further comment, these newer cars are basically throw away's. The more technology, the harder they will be to keep running due to their proprietary nature.

Guest MOSS
For what it's worth, take your 599 and the Diablo to a gas station or any show. People will walk right by the 599 on their way to the Diablo. It's impossible to get more exotic. As far as performance? How much do you need for street use? Refinement/technology is what's making newer cars boring. It's not all about speed.

Just a further comment, these newer cars are basically throw away's. The more technology, the harder they will be to keep running due to their proprietary nature.

I will say this: I have owned 5 Ferraris, the last one being a new 430 Spider. I have owned 7 Lamborghinis with 5 being diablos. I will never buy another Ferrari, period. Anything short of a F40 or Enzo blends in with every car in a parking Lot. Every time and I repeat, everytime I drive my Diablo, cars pull up beside me and start the videos and cameras. As far as performance goes, the Diablo would blow any of my Ferraris away. Brakes were superb. You want brute power, shock appeal and a sound like no other? Diablo. And value? Look at the 12 cylinder 550 and 575. Started at 250k plus or minus and you can buy your pick for 70k today. Roy or another dealer on here, correct me if I am wrong but the 599 will end up in the same spot. No brainer for me but everyone has their favorites. I owned a new murcie coupe and a new murcie roadster and still went back to the Diablo. Allan has owned every car out there and look what he has now. The 599 is a very classy car if you want a very classy car. Again, one persons opinion that has been in both places.

I will say this: I have owned 5 Ferraris, the last one being a new 430 Spider. I have owned 7 Lamborghinis with 5 being diablos. I will never buy another Ferrari, period. Anything short of a F40 or Enzo blends in with every car in a parking Lot. Every time and I repeat, everytime I drive my Diablo, cars pull up beside me and start the videos and cameras. As far as performance goes, the Diablo would blow any of my Ferraris away. Brakes were superb. You want brute power, shock appeal and a sound like no other? Diablo. And value? Look at the 12 cylinder 550 and 575. Started at 250k plus or minus and you can buy your pick for 70k today. Roy or another dealer on here, correct me if I am wrong but the 599 will end up in the same spot. No brainer for me but everyone has their favorites. I owned a new murcie coupe and a new murcie roadster and still went back to the Diablo. Allan has owned every car out there and look what he has now. The 599 is a very classy car if you want a very classy car. Again, one persons opinion that has been in both places.

This is why I may never sell my SV unless someone was willing to pay a bunch for it!!!

Very well said!!! Could not agree more!

Guest MOSS
This is why I may never sell my SV unless someone was willing to pay a bunch for it!!!

There you go! And this is coming from a gentleman that has the money to own a Veyron if he chooses :icon_mrgreen:

There you go! And this is coming from a gentleman that has the money to own a Veyron if he chooses :icon_mrgreen:

Remember Billy, I told you the projects

Guest MOSS
Remember Billy, I told you the projects

:lol2: I guess it slipped my mind

Iam sorry if I started a shitstorm on Billys SV.... I think the car is probably perfect in every aspect as backed up by Billy and Roy...I know the Diablo is NOT going to be a 599 and while I would love to have both there is no way I can.

Without going into the details of the trade the biggest stumbling block comes down to money/ the trade of my 599. I have over 255K into it so its hard to part with.....Billy car is on consignment so if anyone is interested talk to Billy to get what he needs to get for it...

I also understand the dealership has to make money in the process and in the end they just couldn't meet my number although they did try....If I had cash I really think Billys car can be bought for a fair price but my 599 has to be involved so no deal for me right now..Iam still on the lookout for a 2001 Diablo and wish I could make the SV work..

Just my 2 cents on several things..

I think the 599 cars are good..but JUST because they cost so much at one period...as a production car, they drop, they dont get more valuable each day that passes....consider the money you loose..divied it over the days you had it and thats what you paid rent to own it...

the other big thing many forget..is ALL newer cars, say 2006 and up...we (buying public) is just being set up for a HUGH hit as they cars age...Dealers and Factorys, per DOT, will quit staocking parts after the 15 year requirment..AND since they are so computer controlled...will hold the computer programs, so good luck getting them repaired...and WHY..becuase all they want to sell is NEW cars and service NEWER cars..

Buy and older, classic, non-mass produced car that can be worked on and ENJOY it..

AND in 3-5 years when a LOW produced SV car is $200K plus that has heart and sould and real hand made design and a mass produced 599 is $65K......remember this thread...

Guest MOSS
Iam sorry if I started a shitstorm on Billys SV.... I think the car is probably perfect in every aspect as backed up by Billy and Roy...I know the Diablo is NOT going to be a 599 and while I would love to have both there is no way I can.

Without going into the details of the trade the biggest stumbling block comes down to money/ the trade of my 599. I have over 255K into it so its hard to part with.....Billy car is on consignment so if anyone is interested talk to Billy to get what he needs to get for it...

I also understand the dealership has to make money in the process and in the end they just couldn't meet my number although they did try....If I had cash I really think Billys car can be bought for a fair price but my 599 has to be involved so no deal for me right now..Iam still on the lookout for a 2001 Diablo and wish I could make the SV work..

You didn't start a shitstorm at all. If you share your thoughts on the site you are going to get opinions. I haven't heard anything negative at all so you are just fine IMO.

No offense to 599 owners, but I had Alexs old 599 for a like a week or two.. and I absolutely hated that car. Even my wife hated it. Unless you are using the 599 daily or something , as a weekend blast kick in the ass Id take a Diablo anyday. And in terms of attention.. the Diablo gets more that anycar Ive owned. As I mentioned before, driving next to a verde ithaca Gallardo people were doing everything they could to get past the Gallardo to take pics of the Diablo.

No offense to 599 owners, but I had Alexs old 599 for a like a week or two.. and I absolutely hated that car. Even my wife hated it. Unless you are using the 599 daily or something , as a weekend blast kick in the ass Id take a Diablo anyday. And in terms of attention.. the Diablo gets more that anycar Ive owned. As I mentioned before, driving next to a verde ithaca Gallardo people were doing everything they could to get past the Gallardo to take pics of the Diablo.

Wow, thats a pretty strong statement; what did you hate about it and what are you comparing it to?

Look I think most people on this forum will agree that most Lambos are in your face cars in styling compared to most Ferrari's.. I also thing most,lol(depending on which forum you ask on) will agree the Ferrari has been more of a drivers car. That said, you really CANT compare the 599 to the SV.. When you start comparing whats good and bad about both cars you will argue all day and then you mix in the people that just hate Ferrari's because they are not enthusiast and that's fine. I love cars and motorcycles in general and if I had the money I would put Lenos collection to shame,lol but I dont. I can only afford to have one car(as a toy) and that where MY problem lies.

I remember seeing my first Diablo back in Connecticut while at a motorcycle meeting place. I must have walked around that car admiring the lines and pestering the owner with questions for about an hour,lol..No doubt the Diablo in every way defines the word EXOTIC. My 599 is 7 years younger and with that comes technology but I bet they are 2 very different driving cars.

I dont think I will mind driving an old -school car so to speak with less technology but really dont want to lose a bunch of money on my car to go backwards just so more people can gawk at my car,lol..As far as being collectible,Iam 55 so by the time any car brings back more than I paid for it I will be dead and wont care,lol

The whole truth of the matter is I just did not get what "I" thought was enough cash back for my car to trade for the SV but I will keep looking and maybe something will fit better down the road: if not well I still have a wonderful car in my garage.

I just did not want to turn this thread into a Lambo VS Ferrari thread so if I did sorry about that. meaningless..

Guest MOSS
Wow, thats a pretty strong statement; what did you hate about it and what are you comparing it to?

Look I think most people on this forum will agree that most Lambos are in your face cars in styling compared to most Ferrari's.. I also thing most,lol(depending on which forum you ask on) will agree the Ferrari has been more of a drivers car. That said, you really CANT compare the 599 to the SV.. When you start comparing whats good and bad about both cars you will argue all day and then you mix in the people that just hate Ferrari's because they are not enthusiast and that's fine. I love cars and motorcycles in general and if I had the money I would put Lenos collection to shame,lol but I dont. I can only afford to have one car(as a toy) and that where MY problem lies.

I remember seeing my first Diablo back in Connecticut while at a motorcycle meeting place. I must have walked around that car admiring the lines and pestering the owner with questions for about an hour,lol..No doubt the Diablo in every way defines the word EXOTIC. My 599 is 7 years younger and with that comes technology but I bet they are 2 very different driving cars.

I dont think I will mind driving an old -school car so to speak with less technology but really dont want to lose a bunch of money on my car to go backwards just so more people can gawk at my car,lol..As far as being collectible,Iam 55 so by the time any car brings back more than I paid for it I will be dead and wont care,lol

The whole truth of the matter is I just did not get what "I" thought was enough cash back for my car to trade for the SV but I will keep looking and maybe something will fit better down the road: if not well I still have a wonderful car in my garage.

I just did not want to turn this thread into a Lambo VS Ferrari thread so if I did sorry about that. meaningless..

Kevin, buy what you want. You are the one that said that you are about to buy a diablo and you hoped you are not making a mistake. You opened yourself up to comparisons from others. We thought that was what you were fishing for. Its apples and oranges. Relax and buy what you want and post the pics and you want get comparisons. Looking forward to seeing what you get :icon_thumleft:

P.S. Make a note to yourself that you are on a Lamborghini site. : )

Here is my reasoning.

After the 458 i realised something, that for me an exotic car needs to be exotic, otherwise whats the point. The most important part of an exotic car is visual.. Does it stir your soul? Do you get excited everytime you see it? Did you, or do you spend hours looking at the 599 the way you did the Diablo? For me inmo, a 599 isnt visually exciting at all. I think a Plastic mess-06 is better looking.

The next thing I hated about the 599 was the transmission. After the 458, the hesitation between shifts is annoying as hell. Id rather drive a 6speed, or a dual clutch.

So for me, I find the 599 to be moreso in the class of say a Bentley Supersports than a exotic sportscar. And in the Supersports class, Ill take the Supersports anyday over the 599. In your reasoning about losing money on your 599, its inevitable, the longer you wait, the more it will drop.. Atleast the SV, isnt going anywhere but up.

Allan. Do you have the owner Billy's phone number? I would like to speak with him. Thanks.

Allan. Do you have the owner Billy's phone number? I would like to speak with him. Thanks.

Why dont you just PM him? He is on LP, username MOSS

Agreed, my Diablos get more attention than my Murci...or any of my other cars. Although, the Countach is a close second.

What What What .....can't I keep one for myself???

No Roy, if its BLUE (GO Air Force!!!), I get first dibbs, just give me a heads up so I can make arrangements!! Hey you doin' the Stampede with me & Steve?

• 2 weeks later...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-25-IMPORT...=item1c290d182b

This Ebay ad make me laugh. It's like their trying to make sound like its some sort of special grey market car like a Diablo GT or a

downdraft quatrovalve Countach. I feel like calling them up and say is that really one of those imported from Italy SV's as opposed

to those regular made in america VT's which they made buy the thousands.

Sometime yesterday the Rosso Vic SV was gone from Lamborghini Dallas' site/EBay and the black with the yellow SV (Liquid's?) appeared. Was there a trade?

Guest MOSS
hmmm. Billy did you sell it? What will be next? Another Diablo? :icon_thumleft:

As a matter of fact, yes. Roy bought it from me. I was thinking maybe Zonda? I believe they have adopted the Monterrey blue finish from Lamborghini. You may be familiar.

Very stunning color!