MP4-12. Test Drive

Mattyrae

Will it have a verde ithaca LED Bandana and be unable to drive to Miami as your other cars/bikes? :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :icon_butt:

Anyway, congratz on the ordering of an awesome machine! :turboalex:

thx guys!

im having Mac put in custom verde LED's across the top of the windshield :icon_fU:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wait is painful, I am very impatient, I only ever waited once for a custom built, I don't think I would do it again.

When are you expecting to get it?

Will the GT go?

Well, I'm a bit jealous CGT-N-IT.

I finally saw one in the flesh just a few minutes ago driving down the street. It was night and the car was either black or very dark metallic red, so I couldn't really determine how the front would look with higher contrast colors. Based on what I saw, the front end didn't look nearly as lame as the pictures. I don't know if it was catching a red reflection or not, but whatever color I saw looked really nice.

In pictures, I think everything except the rear looks super boring and uneventful. On the street, it made me want one. It was way sleeker and lower looking. It was just going down the side street rather slow, but the sound was totally fine. Sounded way better on just a side street than a 911 Turbo does under higher throttle on a main road. Not sure what it would sound like on a bigger road at speed, but I find it hard to imagine it could be as dull as people say, though maybe the cabin dulls it a but more. It might not scream or sound as good as a CGT with GMG exhaust, but it definitely sounds the part. Unless there was some big advantage to an aftermarket exhaust, I wouldn't touch it. Then again, I've grown to like quiet cars and would love to have an exotic that had the sound, or lack thereof, of an EV. Maybe that's just me though.

Needless to say, it really does look 10x more bad ass moving down the street than it does in pictures or in videos. From the limited time I looked at it, it made me want one. I think they're going to depreciate really hard, so I wouldn't buy one now or new, but in a couple years I think I'll give them another look along with a 458 and whatever Audi turns outs.

December/January ETA! im also very impatient, but maybe a tour of the factory will hold me over.. lol

not sure whats going yet, but i have to make room in a few months....

i agree 100%, some of those colors belong on a buick lol

some of the heavy optioned out MSO cars are rolling out now and look awesome!

Orange HS FTW!!!

post-2228-1344882465.jpg

Dear lord, that is HOT. Congrats on the order! That is going to be a very good looking car. Can't wait to see it! Amazing color. The CF really sets it off. Very jealous, I need to work harder!

December/January ETA! im also very impatient, but maybe a tour of the factory will hold me over.. lol

not sure whats going yet, but i have to make room in a few months....

It's not my car and not my decision but I would not sacrifice the GT if I were you, we can't get the GT here, I would have one in a heartbeat if I could buy one, I guess we all want what we can't have :icon_mrgreen:

Hard call to make IMO

thanks guys!

something has to go unfortunately, but i have a little time to think about it (the market will also push me in the right direction) ;)

my goal is to be like peak, but i dont think that will happen in 4 months... :)

thanks guys!

something has to go unfortunately, but i have a little time to think about it (the market will also push me in the right direction) ;)

my goal is to be like peak, but i dont think that will happen in 4 months... :)

You got to do whatever makes you feel most comfortable, I am sure you will be fine either way, good luck with it!

You got to do whatever makes you feel most comfortable, I am sure you will be fine either way, good luck with it!

thx bud!

Wow I guess a MR2 is exotic then. :eusa_wall:

I guess I could add carbon fiber chassis and semi-active hydraulic suspension but perhaps that's going too far, it would make the McLaren in it's own class. (Also, NSX and MR2 go by the same principles and are great cars).

I like Leno's approch to reviewing a car.

Some of the comments made by few of the communists that red the story made me cringe.

He shares the same sentiments and choices I have about the car... but then again, I share the same birthday as he does too...hmmm... maybe that astrological sign thing does make sense..lol he though did nail it on the head with the styling... I like everyone else was NOT impressed when pics floated around the net... But I guess its one of those designs that can age well...

i have to say i'm inline with Leno's ideas on why i purchased the MP4.

agree :icon_super:

im going on the factory tour (1st time in London) hopefully ill get to drive on the test track!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I did drive the MP4-12C and I was very impressed, far more impressed than the Aventador, mostly because it retained the fun factor, something that I find missing with the Aventador. I enjoyed driving it far more than I did the 458 however to be fair I'd have to drive the two back to back. One of the things I like about the McLaren is the exhaust note is especially deep and very nice. Anthony Ray (Sir Mix) dumped his LP640 in favor of the McLaren and loves it. We've run next to each other a few times and it just sounds bad-ass at speed and unlike anything else on the road. Yea, I have a bit of trouble with the soft looks on the front end- definitely a bit tame compared to the bold looks of the 458, however as you move around to the back of the McLaren, it starts to look more complex and interesting. One other unique element is that the McLaren has far more presence than what you see in photos, especially when rolling in contrast to the cars surrounding it in average traffic. It really does stand out as something unique, even though it seems tame in photos. Overall I give it extremely high marks.

One other point, and this is a big one in my book. EVERY McLaren owner I've spoken with so far has been extremely impressed by McLaren's customer experience. I give Lamborghini extremely low marks by comparison, and the lowest of all exotic brands. Hands down, from everyone I've spoken with, McLaren is welcoming to the brand and they do a terrific job of supporting their customers, right down to offering them free updates on their cars. Imagine that! Compare that to Lamborghini's super-secret approach where you buy something only to receive an announcement after the deal closes that something has been changed and you're shit out of luck. Right now, we've got three in Seattle and more are on their way. Two were former Lamborghini owners and one was a Porsche owner. From what I've heard, the two brands getting cannibalized the most are Lamborghini and Porsche. It's lateral for Lamborghini and an upgrade for Porsche owners. From what I also hear, few Ferrari owners are making the jump.

Yes, I did drive the MP4-12C and I was very impressed, far more impressed than the Aventador, mostly because it retained the fun factor, something that I find missing with the Aventador. I enjoyed driving it far more than I did the 458 however to be fair I'd have to drive the two back to back. One of the things I like about the McLaren is the exhaust note is especially deep and very nice. Anthony Ray (Sir Mix) dumped his LP640 in favor of the McLaren and loves it. We've run next to each other a few times and it just sounds bad-ass at speed and unlike anything else on the road. Yea, I have a bit of trouble with the soft looks on the front end- definitely a bit tame compared to the bold looks of the 458, however as you move around to the back of the McLaren, it starts to look more complex and interesting. One other unique element is that the McLaren has far more presence than what you see in photos, especially when rolling in contrast to the cars surrounding it in average traffic. It really does stand out as something unique, even though it seems tame in photos. Overall I give it extremely high marks.

One other point, and this is a big one in my book. EVERY McLaren owner I've spoken with so far has been extremely impressed by McLaren's customer experience. I give Lamborghini extremely low marks by comparison, and the lowest of all exotic brands. Hands down, from everyone I've spoken with, McLaren is welcoming to the brand and they do a terrific job of supporting their customers, right down to offering them free updates on their cars. Imagine that! Compare that to Lamborghini's super-secret approach where you buy something only to receive an announcement after the deal closes that something has been changed and you're shit out of luck. Right now, we've got three in Seattle and more are on their way. Two were former Lamborghini owners and one was a Porsche owner. From what I've heard, the two brands getting cannibalized the most are Lamborghini and Porsche. It's lateral for Lamborghini and an upgrade for Porsche owners. From what I also hear, few Ferrari owners are making the jump.

It is a great car. I thought the opposite of you as far as being fun, but I do think it is a great car. It is a shame that every where I look they are having a hard time moving them. In fact, I spoke with my local Lambo dealer and the McLaren dealer in the last week and the local Lambo dealer has moved more new Gallardo's than McLaren has MP4's. To be fair, there is some special lease deal on the G's now, but still. It is a shame it isn't selling, that MP4 is a very well done car.

I agree about the more presence part, it looked nice in black when I saw it in Miami with pockmark, I think he as well liked it :icon_thumleft: Would love to drive one someday soon! I also agree with the part about Lambo has the shittiest customer service known to man..

NISSAN-N-IT will have a field day when reading Tommys review :rolleyes:

:iamwithstupid: :icon_super: i agree 110% the only thing i dont like is the front end and with SP's bumper your off to the races!!! i heard the same about customer service, every owner feels like a part of the team! i love Lambos and will always love Lambos but customer service is unheard of :(