MP4-12. Test Drive

Mattyrae

I agree about the more presence part, it looked nice in black when I saw it in Miami with pockmark, I think he as well liked it :icon_thumleft: Would love to drive one someday soon! I also agree with the part about Lambo has the shittiest customer service known to man..

NISSAN-N-IT will have a field day when reading Tommys review :rolleyes:

Yeah. It is definitely one of the IT cars to have right now. When we saw the black one, there were a bunch of people standing around and taking pictures. Car was very nice.

Cant wait to see these get full Bolt ons and upgraded turbos.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. It is definitely one of the IT cars to have right now. When we saw the black one, there were a bunch of people standing around and taking pictures. Car was very nice.

Cant wait to see these get full Bolt ons and upgraded turbos.

Yeah, wasn't that the day when NISSAN-N-IT should of shown up? I think it was :icon_mrgreen:

I must add though, that the MP4 with a new front end, a lowering, maybe some new wheels and basic mods like exhaust/chip and in a cool color could tickle my batwings as well, we shall see how it goes.

We need a frikkin Mac dealership over here, hell we don't even ha a Lambo dealer anymore.. :rant:

I must add though, that the MP4 with a new front end, a lowering, maybe some new wheels and basic mods like exhaust/chip and in a cool color could tickle my batwings as well, we shall see how it goes.

We need a frikkin Mac dealership over here, hell we don't even ha a Lambo dealer anymore.. :rant:

wow, i am starting to like you again :icon_butt:

In time more people will start to understand the true value of the car. It is a perfect car for a driving enthusiast; not as much of a poseur factor as some other high end exotics.

And my experience with McLaren customer service has been absolutely amazing so far. Much better than dealing with the Ferrari dealership.

In time more people will start to understand the true value of the car. It is a perfect car for a driving enthusiast; not as much of a poseur factor as some other high end exotics.

And my experience with McLaren customer service has been absolutely amazing so far. Much better than dealing with the Ferrari dealership.

Yes. it is a great drivers car indeed. The service from Mclaren is wonderful. The more people try these cars out the more they realize how good it really is compared to Fcars...

if not the bling factor and exoticness, is it worth $60k-100k more than a 911 turbo s?

if not the bling factor and exoticness, is it worth $60k-100k more than a 911 turbo s?

Raj, you should go drive one. this totally changed my mind about the car.

Yes, this is a car you have to drive to experience because it is so different. I've got friends with very serious track time who also loved it.

I think seeing one in person and seeing photos are completely different. Its not a photogenic car... but then again, the Mac people screwed up with these boring color press cars that really set the tone for people assuming it looks really generic and boring. As to presence vs a 911 turbo, anyway you slice it, its comparing to a spruced up beetle... which I think isnt even in the same league...;) sure the performance is there, but then again, presence of a well color optioned mac is definitely worth the premium over a garden variety 911turbo...

Driving wise, Ive tried both cars and I can attest to the mac providing loads more input and fun vs a 911... The modern 911 has become too sterile... The Mac, imho has enough of everything with the option to adjust to your liking to make it interesting without being overwhelming.... And I think that really is what is appealing about the car.

It doesnt overwhelm you and tire you out to be relocated as a weekend driver... It can be many things whenever you want it to. And for the money, to have a car that can be so many things rolled into one package, that is refreshing.

I think seeing one in person and seeing photos are completely different. Its not a photogenic car... but then again, the Mac people screwed up with these boring color press cars that really set the tone for people assuming it looks really generic and boring. As to presence vs a 911 turbo, anyway you slice it, its comparing to a spruced up beetle... which I think isnt even in the same league...;) sure the performance is there, but then again, presence of a well color optioned mac is definitely worth the premium over a garden variety 911turbo...

Driving wise, Ive tried both cars and I can attest to the mac providing loads more input and fun vs a 911... The modern 911 has become too sterile... The Mac, imho has enough of everything with the option to adjust to your liking to make it interesting without being overwhelming.... And I think that really is what is appealing about the car.

It doesnt overwhelm you and tire you out to be relocated as a weekend driver... It can be many things whenever you want it to. And for the money, to have a car that can be so many things rolled into one package, that is refreshing.

Your comments are also reflected in the dealer's statement about where their customers are coming from- Porsche and Lamborghini.

Your comments are also reflected in the dealer's statement about where their customers are coming from- Porsche and Lamborghini.

Indeed, myself included :)

you know I had a cayenne nordic gold stick shift cayenne before too lol... great minds think alike?

LOL me too! gold/orange cayenne GTS 6 spd, crazy

LOL... man this is too funny.. first the orange cayenne and now mclaren orange...lol... good thing Im on the wet coast... lol...

yeah, or he'd have you wearing TR jeans, affliction shirts and LED bandanas; on the up side he would keep you from the likes of slowpoke when they come to visit.

yeah, or he'd have you wearing TR jeans, affliction shirts and LED bandanas; on the up side he would keep you from the likes of slowpoke when they come to visit.

:iamwithstupid:

very funny! good stuff man!

you have everything right, but the affliction shirts lol

i like the TR shirts. better cotton ;)

Told ya all...

Guest MOSS
Yes I was there with Tom, we had 3 SV's at ERTC today: Tom's, Roy's, and mine.

My best description: McLaren is trying to combine a Sports Car with a Lexus 4 Door sedan most likely LS series.

I mean who gives a shit how smooth the ride is, isn't this supposed to be a high performance Sports Car? Anyone upset that their Aventador or SV rides a bit stiff on rough roads?

There is no shift feel, I mean nothing. At least Ferrari has changed their software on the newer 458's, for better shift feel, and it sounds great, even better with the Novitec Exhaust.

The MP4 has no carbon seats, just normal seats with a cheap CF backing. Like Porsche's seats with the painted backs.

There is a reason that pre-owned MP4's are 10k plus below sticker.

And what are pre owned SV's, about 130k below sticker? I love the MP and spent about an hour in the drivers seat. Looking to order a spyder. Everyone has an opinion I guess.

And what are pre owned SV's, about 130k below sticker? I love the MP and spent about an hour in the drivers seat. Looking to order a spyder. Everyone has an opinion I guess.

:iamwithstupid: Mp4 spider FTW until the P11 comes out. (I think that's the code name) ;)

P12 is the designation. Mattyrae has been going on and on about this shit for on multiple forums. Your opinion is just that. Thankfully, many owners who have driven their cars hard GREATLY disagree with you on just about every point.