2008 Superleggera Parts fit 2009 LP?

ToofDoc

Do any of you know if the following 2008 Superleggera parts will fit onto/into my 2009 LP:

1) SL side mirrors

2) SL engine cover with wing onto my 2009 LP body

3) stock 2009 LP rear camera into SL wing

4) stock 2009 LP brake light into SL wing

I'm considering buying OEM carbon fiber parts, just want to make sure that they fit my 2009 LP!

Thanks!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure about the tail light and camera but the 04-08 versions do. You will need the SL camera bracket for the SL wing and will most likely use the wiring from you car for this wing.

Not sure about the tail light and camera but the 04-08 versions do. You will need the SL camera bracket for the SL wing and will most likely use the wiring from you car for this wing.

The rear view camera housing/bracket comes with the SL wing. If that's the case, can I just place my stock LP rear view camera into the camera housing on the SL wing?

How about the rear brake light? Is the LP560 spoiler brake light fit into the SL wing rear brake light slot? Are both brake lights the same shape and dimensions?

Do any of you know if the following 2008 Superleggera parts will fit onto/into my 2009 LP:

1) SL side mirrors

2) SL engine cover with wing onto my 2009 LP body

3) stock 2009 LP rear camera into SL wing

4) stock 2009 LP brake light into SL wing

I'm considering buying OEM carbon fiber parts, just want to make sure that they fit my 2009 LP!

Thanks!

Unless you have a special line on these items, or know someone dumping used, you may be shocked when you see the pricing. I have also heard people having issues ordering SL parts for non-SL vinned cars. i.e. The SL wing alone I heard was ~10k, compare with RSC at 3500 list. You can probably buy all the parts you're looking at for less than the price of one of the OEM parts. RSC does not make the bonnet that I know, but I believe Tecnocraft does minus the plexi or glass. RSC does have the mirrors and can assist with the camera fitment Qs.

Heffner has a carbon bonnet and there is one for sale on the other forum.

If buying new OE parts, I would get the 570 decklid and mirrors...slightly different. My guess is the 08 parts would fit though.

Check Lambo Stuff for part numbers - you can see what fits.

Yes, you should be able to fit them all, mirrors and bonnet shouldn't be a problem but you may need a new bracket on the camera.

Is your camera on the rear active spoiler? if so I'll trade my SL bracket for yours.

I took the wing off and going for a Super Trofeo Stradale which does not have a camera at all but I will be custom fitting it on the deck lid but your bracket would help!

I believe that the brake light to this day it is still the same part number since 2004 but I would check on Lambo Stuff.

Yes, you should be able to fit them all, mirrors and bonnet shouldn't be a problem but you may need a new bracket on the camera.

Is your camera on the rear active spoiler? if so I'll trade my SL bracket for yours.

I took the wing off and going for a Super Trofeo Stradale which does not have a camera at all but I will be custom fitting it on the deck lid but your bracket would help!

I believe that the brake light to this day it is still the same part number since 2004 but I would check on Lambo Stuff.

What did you do with your SL wing? The SL wing that I'm looking to buy, it has the camera braket/housing included but not the camera or the brake light.

Once installed, I'll be selling my stock OEM parts.

What did you do with your SL wing? The SL wing that I'm looking to buy, it has the camera braket/housing included but not the camera or the brake light.

Once installed, I'll be selling my stock OEM parts.

I already sold it, they go very fast... SP Eng has one for sale right now...

Here's another question that I need some clarification on...

I was informed that once I installed a 2008 SL engine hood clear bonnet with the SL wing to my 2009 LP560, I will have an electrical issue such as "spoiler warning light" coming on everytime I turn on the car?! Once my active spoiler motor cable in my LP560 is disconnected, because I have no where to connect that cable, my CPU will be thrown off?

Is this true? What do those of you mod your G with a wing, you disabled your active spoiler, do you have a spoiler warning light on the whole time?

Stuart (RSC), what do you guys do with your new SV wings? Do all your clients have a spoiler light on? Can we deactivate that warning light? I was told that only Lamborghini in Italy can with a special software specially customed for a specific G.

Anyone?

Here's another question that I need some clarification on...

I was informed that once I installed a 2008 SL engine hood clear bonnet with the SL wing to my 2009 LP560, I will have an electrical issue such as "spoiler warning light" coming on everytime I turn on the car?! Once my active spoiler motor cable in my LP560 is disconnected, because I have no where to connect that cable, my CPU will be thrown off?

Is this true? What do those of you mod your G with a wing, you disabled your active spoiler, do you have a spoiler warning light on the whole time?

Stuart (RSC), what do you guys do with your new SV wings? Do all your clients have a spoiler light on? Can we deactivate that warning light? I was told that only Lamborghini in Italy can with a special software specially customed for a specific G.

Anyone?

I put a Superleggera wing on my 06 G. I think they just capped the wiring for the spoiler motor. Call Will at SP, he'll tell what you need to do. I have no light on.

I put a Superleggera wing on my 06 G. I think they just capped the wiring for the spoiler motor. Call Will at SP, he'll tell what you need to do. I have no light on.

Sorry, what does SP stand for? I'm sure it's a shop...I would love to chat with Will!

I see you listed your car for sale. Whats next?

I see you listed your car for sale. Whats next?

Yeah it's on consignment at Cat's for $119,888. They have been great to deal with.

http://www.catsexotics.com/web/used/Lambor...ington/1154061/

Nothing for now, in the process of picking up a 2011 M3 as DD. Dumping my X5 too, great car, too big for me. I've owned my Gallardo 6 years, loved it. I'll probably wait and pick up a used next gen car, though I have been toying with the idea of a very late model Diablo since I don't drive the Lambo as much as I used too due to the kids. I am truly amazed how reliable my car has been, just a few minor issues. Drove it today around the neighborhood, still a ton of fun. Longest car I have ever owned by far and I've probably owned 25 cars in the last 20 years. it will be missed.

Disconnect and remove most of the cables except the motor itself which bolts to the hatch and will still think it's working. It won't throw a fault in the car if it's still connected. The problem I believe is that some hatchs have provisions for the motor and some don't.

This is something you need pictures to understand. I'll try to get some from my setup later.

Disconnect and remove most of the cables except the motor itself which bolts to the hatch and will still think it's working. It won't throw a fault in the car if it's still connected. The problem I believe is that some hatchs have provisions for the motor and some don't.

This is something you need pictures to understand. I'll try to get some from my setup later.

That will be great if you can. I don't believe the SL engine hood has the holes on the underside to bolt the LP active spoiler motor? Would love to see the pics anyways.

I contact a Lamborghini dealer today and spoke to a Service Manager. He's goingg to talk to his tech to see if there's a way to deactivate the warning light and get back to me.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, just learned that my 2009 LP560 only uses one hydraulic arm to hold up the glass bonnet engine hood (active spoiler with rearview camera) and the 2008 SL has two hydraulic arms to hold up its carbon fiber glass bonnet engine hood (wing with rearview camera).

The LP560 glass bonnet is heavier than the 2008 CF glass bonnet, isn't it? Even though the SL hood has a bigger wing, but they're CF?!

Is the hydraulic arm on the 2009 LP560-4 stronger (more pressurized) than the 2008's hydraulic arms?

Anyone has any idea?

I plan to just use my stock one hydraulic arm to hold the SL engine glass bonnet hood....hope it'll hold!?

"I plan to just use my stock one hydraulic arm to hold the SL engine glass bonnet hood....hope it'll hold!? "

In a worse case scenario you could always purchase a hydraulic arm with higher pressure rating.

In a worse case scenario you could always purchase a hydraulic arm with higher pressure rating.

That's what I'm thinking....that pre-LP models has two hydraulic arms that had less pressure ratings, then in 2009 and newer models Lambo eliminated one of the hydraulic and changed into one higher pressurized arm.

Can anyone confirm this?

To replace a higher pressure hydraulic arm, I then may run into diameter, thickness, engine hood may not close issues, etc., etc., etc...

I'm hoping that the CF hood + wing is lighter than my stock 2009 hood!

OK, just learned that my 2009 LP560 only uses one hydraulic arm to hold up the glass bonnet engine hood (active spoiler with rearview camera) and the 2008 SL has two hydraulic arms to hold up its carbon fiber glass bonnet engine hood (wing with rearview camera).

The LP560 glass bonnet is heavier than the 2008 CF glass bonnet, isn't it? Even though the SL hood has a bigger wing, but they're CF?!

Is the hydraulic arm on the 2009 LP560-4 stronger (more pressurized) than the 2008's hydraulic arms?

Anyone has any idea?

I plan to just use my stock one hydraulic arm to hold the SL engine glass bonnet hood....hope it'll hold!?

I don't know where you "learned" such info. and I don't know how many arms does a MY09 LP560 have. But I can assure you --- from personal experience through ownership --- that both the 2008 SL and the current LP570 SL has ONE arm to hold up their respective engine covers. And the covers of both versions of the SL's are CF+polycarbonate, not CF+glass and are thus substantially lighter. You will only require 1 arm to hold the cover up.

This is true. I have left both hydraulic arms on my carbon hatch even though it didn't need it. I liked that it made it very strong holding it up but it's not needed. Get ahold of me tomorrow toofdoc

I don't know where you "learned" such info. and I don't know how many arms does a MY09 LP560 have. But I can assure you --- from personal experience through ownership --- that both the 2008 SL and the current LP570 SL has ONE arm to hold up their respective engine covers. And the covers of both versions of the SL's are CF+polycarbonate, not CF+glass and are thus substantially lighter. You will only require 1 arm to hold the cover up.

VCR:

I believe you'll re"learn" that your 2008 had two hydraulic arms and not one! Models 2009 onward only has one. You probably just don't remember, especially you're current LP570 only has one.

When I type "glass", it was simply descriptive not actual material. Easier to type glass than polycarbonate!

Learning is fun, you should try it!

VCR was very polite, helpful and informative, he was only trying to help you :eusa_think:

I'd like to think you were joking because your last comment to him was uncalled for.

Anyway,the arm that supports the carbon fiber lid with the large SL wing on the 570 SL has the following inscriptions/part numbers on:

STABILUS

LIFT-O-MAT

9289RX 0250N 315107 BH14

400 827 552

Now run to your garage and read the part number that's on the arm that you currently have on your car if you "learn" that they are similar all your problems will mysteriously vanish if they aren't , I suggest you install the carbon fiber lid using your existing arm and if you "learn" that the arm is not strong enough to support a lid that's virtually almost half the weight of your existing metal deck lid use the part number above and order yourself a new hydraulic arm, voila problem solved.

Good Luck!