2008 Superleggera Parts fit 2009 LP?

ToofDoc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VCR:

I believe you'll re"learn" that your 2008 had two hydraulic arms and not one! Models 2009 onward only has one. You probably just don't remember, especially you're current LP570 only has one.

When I type "glass", it was simply descriptive not actual material. Easier to type glass than polycarbonate!

Learning is fun, you should try it!

Ok Toof. Let the re-learning start at your end then. Check out this link:

http://www.lamborghinihouston.com/web/used...-Texas/2304608/

Scroll through the pics and take a close look when it gets to the engine bay pic How many arm do you see?

And check out the pics on my former G SL --- ONE arm. And not only that, the G SL arm is located on the driver's side (left in N. American spec) while the 570SL is on the passenger side (right).

Hope you had fun learning.

VCR was very polite, helpful and informative, he was only trying to help you :eusa_think:

I'd like to think you were joking because your last comment to him was uncalled for.

Thanks Fortis! Toof wants to step up & mods his 560 and asked a Q. I answered it. If Toof dislikes or disbelieves my answer, that's fine. I am not the one who wants the mods and, in fact, neither are you. :)

G1.JPG

G2.JPG

Well, Toof in that case, start relearning: I went from the original G coupe to a G SE to a G SL to the current 570SL. All were done through the local Lambo dealership and each time I made the change both cars at the time were parked side by side for comparison. One of the first thing both the dealership and I noticed was the G SL "missing" an arm for the engine cover (and the different materials used on the cover). You asked a question, I have the info. that would be helpful and offered it. Take it of leave it, your car, your $, your call.

Thanks Fortis! Toof wants to step up & mods his 560 and asked a Q. I answered it. If Toof dislikes or disbelieves my answer, that's fine. I am not the one who wants the mods and, in fact, neither are you. :)

I like you and Fortis! I like everyone! :turboalex:

STABILUS

LIFT-O-MAT

9289RX 0250N 315/07 BH14

400 827 552

I got this

www.stabilus.com

001330 0500N 138/08 BH14

400 827 552A

Well, we got the "BH14" and the "400 827 552" matched! I'm going to say we're good!

I, ToofDoc, hereby submit two pictures taken from the 2008 SL hood ventral side that I purchased from a fellow Lambo owner and two pictures taken from my 2009 hood for your examination. My 2009 only have one hydraulic arm attached to the right side (if you're looking at the hood from the back of the car).

2008 SL CF hood RIGHT lower corner (notice two screw holes for the hydraulic arms install locations towards the top of the picture)

SG-32.jpg

2009 hood RIGHT lower corner (notice the exact same two nut/bolt location as in the 2008 picture installed to hold the hydraulic arm)

IMG_0825.jpg

2008 SL CF hood LEFT lower corner (notice two screw holes for the hydraulic arms install location towards the top of the picture)

SG-31.jpg

2009 hood LEFT lower corner (notice no screw holes for the hydraulic arm since 2009 only utilizes one arm)

IMG_0820-1.jpg

Based on the above findings, I've concluded that the 2008 SL hood has 4 screw holes (2 on each side) for two hydraulic arms install location while my 2009 only has hydraulic holes on the right side of the hood for one arm. Hence, 2008 SL utilized two hydraulic arms and not one.

Case closed.

We be "learning" :thefinger:

Toof, if the above link doesn't work. Try this:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...hl=Superleggera

and then click on the link posted on the 1st post.

I bet you the tuner probably removed one of the hydraulic arms since the car was tuned! If you look at the picture, there are two screw holes for the hydraulic arms on the lower right side for this car. At one point, there were two hydraulic arms!

hQ_800.jpg

You can see in the picture below, both of these SL have two hydraulic arms

headercontact.jpg

Toof, ALL SL's (G SL & LP570) have 4 screw holes (2 per side). Just because both sides have screw holes do not necessarily mean they need 2 arms. It's how the mold was made for the CF. There are plenty of empty screw holes everywhere else on the car; do all of them need to be fitted with something?

I already stated that I don't know (or care for that matter) how many arm(s) the 560 has.

Just as you knew how many arm your 560 has, so do I on my G SL and my 570. Whatever you want to do with your 560, it's your prerogative and none of my concern. As afore-said, you asked for assistance, I offered it; you like the answer, cool; you dislike the answer, that's cool too as I don't care. I knew and still know my cars; as do many here on L/P about the Superleggera's. If you insist that the 2008 G SL has 2 arms, there's your argument and none of my concern as I don't need the clarification, you do. You dislike and disbelieve my info., that's fine too as, again, I knew what I had, OEM et al, plus it's not me who posted the question requesting answers and info.

Good luck on your project.

It seems that toofdoc got into his own stash of happy gas, never a good idea, it cuts into you profit margins :icon_mrgreen:

Toofdoc is this meant to be a trivia night about who knows more about the holes in their Lamborghini's?

You got the info do whatever you will with it.

Also at the end of the day if I were you I wouldn't worry too much about it, based on some of your previous questions about how to remove the hood and other which is the heavy end of the hammer type of questions I am sure you won't have to have that hood up in the air for too long :icon_mrgreen:

Seriously gentlemen...I believe we really got into it too much....one arm, two arm...who cares...

I appreciate both of your inputs!

Before and after pictures to come!

Seriously gentlemen...I believe we really got into it too much....one arm, two arm...who cares...

I appreciate both of your inputs!

Before and after pictures to come!

Who cares? Well, apparently, it sure looks like you do!!! LOL!

I just want to know when you are going to be ready to do the install Toof? DoctaM3 (if I can drag him out and I will be over to help/document).

headercontact.jpg

Don't know about the black one, but the one on the right is not an SL.

remember...Just because they have SL wings/bonnet, does not make them SLs.

I bet you the tuner probably removed one of the hydraulic arms since the car was tuned! If you look at the picture, there are two screw holes for the hydraulic arms on the lower right side for this car. At one point, there were two hydraulic arms!

hQ_800.jpg

headercontact.jpg

Neither of the cars are Superleggera's. Both are Dallas Performance Twin Turbo cars with the SL wing. There is a yellow Superleggera at the same shop, and it only has one hydraulic arm (that I've seen with my own eyes) purchased from Lamborghini Dallas. Hope that clears up some of the confusion.

Installing the new hood on tomorrow night, any last pointers?

Before and after pics to come!

Before anyone says anything about number of hydraulic arms to use, let me just save you time, I'll be using 5 of them!!

So I got my stock 2009 metal engine hood off with no issues, however, I am stuck. I need the following bolts from the stock hood, but don't know how to remove them?

Bolts on the hood that I need to install my carbon fiber hood

The back of them, it's impossible to budge!?

Any suggestions? How do they come off without me damaging the threads? Should I order new ones?

Gentle (very gentle) tap with a hammer on the thread side?

Really? That's it? How about reinstall on the carbon fiber hood? Self engaging as I tightened the nut or thread through? because on the carbon fiber hood, these bolt locations seem threaded?

Gentle (very gentle) tap with a hammer on the thread side?

Just tried it with a piece of cloth and hammer....no go?! These bolts didn't even budge?

Just get bolts...forget about the studs...

Bolts meaning two threaded ends? Aftermarket like at Lowes or Homedepot? Or there's actual a Lambo part I can get from a lambo dealer AMH or please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors?

Bolts meaning two threaded ends? Aftermarket like at Lowes or Homedepot? Or there's actual a Lambo part I can get from a lambo dealer AMH or please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors?

No...studs have two threaded ends...Bolts...

HHCS%20041.jpg

Take the nuts to the hardware store...Match up the threads, get some various length bolts, and you're done

:eusa_dance: we'll do!

No...studs have two threaded ends...Bolts...

HHCS%20041.jpg

Take the nuts to the hardware store...Match up the threads, get some various length bolts, and you're done