Time to give credit where credit is due

Night Life

Before I write up my tail of ups, downs, heartache and eventually triumph I would like to give a shout to some incredible key ppl here on LP.

A little while back I had issues with my front diff (story to follow) fellow that came through for me and answered many of my questions is known as "Whiteout" I would like to thank him personally, without his help I could not have gotten back on the road so quickly. I purchased my SV axle deletes from him, but unlike other places he kept in contact with me always checking in on how things were going. I still keep in contact with him, as he is very knowledgeable, he has helped me on many occasions, so I just wanted to say thank you very much Nick :)

The other fellow that has come through for me on more than one occasion is non other than "Emilio". Back in Dec he found me a complete set of original Diablo luggage, I was very lucky to get them. Most recent Emilio was the one man that came through for me in a nation wide search that finally lead me to Italy as I asked for Emilio's help. I was in need of a transmission, Emilio not only found one for me he found one of the last SV-R gear box in existence. For those of you that do not know SV-R Diablo was a racing version made just for that purpose. Only 30 some cars were ever built, Emilio came across one of the original gear box's with 0 km on it. The SV-R gear box is shorter gear set up, more straight cut gearing, making it faster all a round. Emilio found the trany, helped me negotiate a fair price and was invaluable in the process. Emilio my good man I thank you very much, without you I might have never gotten back on the road so quickly. I can't help liking this guy as he is Italian like me :D.

Other mentionable, I give my gratitude too are Frank from Raging Bull Performance for all his insight and answers on my thousand and one questions lol. David from Fabspeed, I bought my exhaust from him and my Diablo never sounded so good :icon_super: thank you.

George from Evans for helping me hunt for a gear box and answering all my questions, as well as Roy from Cats for sorting out my gear oil issue.

I just wanted to say thank you to all personally that helped me get back on the road so soon, we are all very fortunate to have great peeps like these at our disposal :) Kudos to you all

I love to see posts like this. Way to go LP family! So how is the car with the SV-R gear box and the RWD conversion?

I love to see posts like this. Way to go LP family! So how is the car with the SV-R gear box and the RWD conversion?

RWD is definitely the way to go for these cars, the VT tamed the beast, the conversions sets it free all over again. My turning radius is much much better, my gas mileage increased significantly. I just got back from a 500 mile trip that before conversion I needed to gas up 2wice along the way, this time only once. Taking off from dead start is easy now compared to the balancing act you had to do with the VT. I use to have a chatter when I started from dead stop because of the Kevlar clutch, now I have nothing no chatter at all.

My SV-R gear box at first was giving me some issues, it was definitely louder than stock, you could hear the whining of the gears because of straight cut. But a change to race gear oil Royal Purple 140 weight solved that problem. The other was it came with a stock aluminum bushing for the mount, I'm sure this was great for racing but sucked for DD. It really transfered all vibrations to the seat, it was not great and very annoying, we switched it for original rubber bushing and voilà back to normal. I really feel the difference in the gearing especially 1st 2nd & 3rd, way quicker as to snap your neck on shifts :icon_super:

I also forgot to thank Steve from Driven, as he was very helpful and got my relays for my fog lights sorted out.

I'm glad to have helped and am very happy that you found a trans (especially SV-R) so quickly. You went through hell to have this car and overcame all the the issues. It's great that you finally have the car, at home, and can put some miles on it. . . and not only is it special to you, but it is the only roadster with an SV-R trans. Congrats!

Night Life is a great person to work with, he is truly a good person and an enthusiast that kept his head up when many others would have bailed.

Nick

Before I write up my tail of ups, downs, heartache and eventually triumph I would like to give a shout to some incredible key ppl here on LP.

A little while back I had issues with my front diff (story to follow) fellow that came through for me and answered many of my questions is known as "Whiteout" I would like to thank him personally, without his help I could not have gotten back on the road so quickly. I purchased my SV axle deletes from him, but unlike other places he kept in contact with me always checking in on how things were going. I still keep in contact with him, as he is very knowledgeable, he has helped me on many occasions, so I just wanted to say thank you very much Nick :)

The other fellow that has come through for me on more than one occasion is non other than "Emilio". Back in Dec he found me a complete set of original Diablo luggage, I was very lucky to get them. Most recent Emilio was the one man that came through for me in a nation wide search that finally lead me to Italy as I asked for Emilio's help. I was in need of a transmission, Emilio not only found one for me he found one of the last SV-R gear box in existence. For those of you that do not know SV-R Diablo was a racing version made just for that purpose. Only 30 some cars were ever built, Emilio came across one of the original gear box's with 0 km on it. The SV-R gear box is shorter gear set up, more straight cut gearing, making it faster all a round. Emilio found the trany, helped me negotiate a fair price and was invaluable in the process. Emilio my good man I thank you very much, without you I might have never gotten back on the road so quickly. I can't help liking this guy as he is Italian like me :D .

Other mentionable, I give my gratitude too are Frank from Raging Bull Performance for all his insight and answers on my thousand and one questions lol. David from Fabspeed, I bought my exhaust from him and my Diablo never sounded so good :icon_super: thank you.

George from Evans for helping me hunt for a gear box and answering all my questions, as well as Roy from Cats for sorting out my gear oil issue.

I just wanted to say thank you to all personally that helped me get back on the road so soon, we are all very fortunate to have great peeps like these at our disposal :) Kudos to you all

a real pleasure it all worcks out well for you!! :)

to read a post like this and knowing a friend is happy about driving his car again is putting a smile on my face

even better to know the car is running better than ever tks to the racing gearbox! i was confident it was a nice upgrade :icon_thumleft:

p.s. i have to be honest: i almost gave up on helping members after that guy with the countach accused me on F chat to have tooken some bearings from him while helping him with shipping

considering i did all for FREE (as i did with nightlife either this and with the luggage set, he can confirm it) it was REALLY frustrating!

tks to nightlife for his kind words ...tks to you i will keep tryng helping members from here :icon_pidu: