Best way to correct this?

Allan-Herbie

I have this worn area on my Countach interior. Any suggestions on the best way to make it presentable? The interior is in good shape ( for a 25yr old car). I dont think I want to redo the interior just somehow clean up and touch up the areas where you can see some wear?

hh.jpg

I have this worn area on my Countach interior. Any suggestions on the best way to make it presentable? The interior is in good shape ( for a 25yr old car). I dont think I want to redo the interior just somehow clean up and touch up the areas where you can see some wear?

You can refinish just that section as there are places that will refinish the leather. the padding around speakers need to be replaced .

You can refinish just that section as there are places that will refinish the leather. the padding around speakers need to be replaced .

And it matches color perfectly? Any suggestions?

Allan, I think your stuck.

I doubt any touch up will match. Even if you do that section, it won't match the rest and redoing the interior is silly plus you lose the original-as-left-factory.

I say use Leatherique or let an interior shop make it look less apparent.

There are people around who specialize such repairs. They use airbrush techniques and essentially spray liquid vinyl to repair the tear. I have tried it on a couple of older cars that I had and the results were very good; one can hardly tell that it was repaired. It might need to be retreated after a few years though. And I suppose the weather might play a role too (heat & moisture). If such a service is available at my end Allan, there should be plenty of these guys around at where you are.

I would say leave the little bit of patina. You could have the off color lines dyed to make it less apparent. I wouldn't try to make it dissapear myself as it would probably look a bit off. Doesn't seem like it would last long either as I'm assuming that spot it used a good bit to get in and out of the car.

Fix the speaker padding for sure though ;)

Lets see some more pics, or are you waiting until Evans is done? This is the old Andretti car (88.5) isn't it?

I would say leave the little bit of patina. You could have the off color lines dyed to make it less apparent. I wouldn't try to make it dissapear myself as it would probably look a bit off. Doesn't seem like it would last long either as I'm assuming that spot it used a good bit to get in and out of the car.

Fix the speaker padding for sure though ;)

Lets see some more pics, or are you waiting until Evans is done? This is the old Andretti car (88.5) isn't it?

It is the Andretti car, but its an 87 with factory installed 88 skirts.

I had a scratch on my red leather panel on the drivers seat - a few inches but not deep.

Invisible repair guy fixed it. I couldnt even tell where the scratch had been after he finished. No idea what his technique was as I wasnt present but check who a dealer might use. My shop had someone come by and do it while it was in for oil so chances are they can come by your home or gelato shop.

D

Re-dye and condition everything with leatherique that way the whole interior will look like new.

leatherique

Is it this guy?

I dont know if he has a slick video like the glendale brothers, but his work is top notch

Have you used these products?

I have purchased them recently however I still have to use them.

I am hopeful to apply over the Labor day weekend and will post photos.

Sincerely Vic

I have purchased them recently however I still have to use them.

I am hopeful to apply over the Labor day weekend and will post photos.

Sincerely Vic

Please do!

Please do!

firstly i had my seats leather regenerated by a guy of a network called Colorglo www.colorglo.it a part of Colorglo Minneapolis www.colorglo.com/

I was not completeley satisfied as if you look at the seams they are painted in the same color as skin is, as the leather is painted and seams too. New color cannot match perfectly others so is better to repaint everything: you will loose every contrast color seams.

So if you carefully look at the leather you will see that's not in original color and paint anymore: at this point what's the reason why to save some leather repainted and with seams not in OEM color? better change the skin, i think. So i changed every single piece of skin that had some wear sign and kept others were good as door panels, roof and behind the seats. The result is very good and i have the OEM leather in a bag.

Of course averyone has his opinion in this field, a repaint is by far less expensive and you keep your old leather, but you loose the oem finish and will never look as new leather.

You can find a lot of good people very skilful with leather rgeneration but very very few are able to perfectly put new leather on your Countach.

Interniauto and Paratelli do know how to do it... Interniauto is in Ferrara, Paratelli is close to Ferrara, Italy

www.interniauto.com

Paratelli did almost every Countach interiors and those two guys of Interniauto were two of Paratelli's shop four workers. Now Paratelli is retired but still works, alone.

ciao