Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

Thanks Diao.

Do you recommend shipping the Car to Italy or rent the car. I inquired for rentals and rental cost of a Gallardo is same as shipping my Murcielago.

Do I need additional papers to drive my US registred car in Italy?

Manju.

I think you should check with your insurer to see if you can get cover while in Italy, all things equal insurance would be the deciding factor for me.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should check with your insurer to see if you can get cover while in Italy, all things equal insurance would be the deciding factor for me.

All,

I received 6 Quotes for renting Gallardo 520-Spyder (Convertible) and finalized the one with 8000 Euros for 4 Days (delivery at 5pn in Milan and pick up at Bolognese Factory at 5pm on 11th) with 1100 KM coverage and 10,000 Euros deposit. Deposit is fully refundable, if car returned with no damage. The above quote covers insurance VAT tax everything.

Three Quote from Organizers ([email protected]) was much higher like 9000, 9600, 12000 for Gallardo with much higher deposit.

I felt this is a better option than risking my Murcielago acroos Road, Ocean and back.

Let me know your opinion.

Thanks

Manju

Gallardo Spider one week rent rate with 1500 km included

http://www.exclusivenoleggi.com/lamb_spyder_listino.php

seven days (1 Settimana, 7 giorni) = (Euro 690 per day x 7) + ((1500 km - 700km included ) x 2 euro ) = 4830 +1600= 6430 euro+ 21% VAT (maybe foreign people i think does not pay VAT, i do not know)

ciao

Thanks Diao.

Do you recommend shipping the Car to Italy or rent the car. I inquired for rentals and rental cost of a Gallardo is same as shipping my Murcielago.

Do I need additional papers to drive my US registred car in Italy?

Manju.

I do not know, but if i had to put a big amount of money to attend the Lamborghini 50th birthday, i would like to drive MY Lambo too and not a rented car: big money, but big satisfaction.

I think you need an international driving license (or something colled like that) , that should be easy to obtain in the US and check your insurance for coverage. No more.

Shipping here is not difficult at all, we are civilized, not a jungle... :)

ciao

i would like to drive MY Lambo too and not a rented car: big money, but big satisfaction.

Exactly. íf I'm not driving my own car, I wouldn't even bother.

Anyone doing this following it?

http://www.internationalmotoringtours.com/...rytour2013.html

I just checked flights - Melbourne - Milan - Melbourne - $12k But if I also do the tour above then Melbourne - Milan and then London - Melbourne - $20k :jackoff: And the Milan to Melbourne flight goes through London anyway!

At the moment three cars from Australia only

At the moment three cars from Australia only

and this is half a miracle, as there are three more than expected: you three are BIG (and very rich) enthusiasts, congrats. :icon_thumleft:

ciao

Anyone doing this following it?

http://www.internationalmotoringtours.com/...rytour2013.html

I just checked flights - Melbourne - Milan - Melbourne - $12k But if I also do the tour above then Melbourne - Milan and then London - Melbourne - $20k :jackoff: And the Milan to Melbourne flight goes through London anyway!

Looks interesting but I am not interested in shipping the car over, the PITA far outweights the benefits.

Airfreight is just ridiculous (thanks for nothing Lambo) for the same money you can buy a used 04 Gallardo in UK and abandon it on the side of the road when you done with it, sea freight, you will be without the car for 3 to 4 months, at the mercy of the transport company and their inefficient and untrustworthy workers which will not hesitate taking your pride and joy for a quick joy ride around he block, than you have to deal with insurance while in Europe, my insurance will not insure the car in transit or overseas, no thank you i am not that sentimental I can deal with not driving my own car :icon_mrgreen:

I will rent or buy a used car there.

Shipping the car seems to be too much of an annoyance. Fortis, please PM what you find to be the best rental option and I will rent. If I can buy my Roadster and drive it there before they ship it to the USA, I will do that.

All,

I received 6 Quotes for renting Gallardo 520-Spyder (Convertible) and finalized the one with 8000 Euros for 4 Days (delivery at 5pn in Milan and pick up at Bolognese Factory at 5pm on 11th) with 1100 KM coverage and 10,000 Euros deposit. Deposit is fully refundable, if car returned with no damage. The above quote covers insurance VAT tax everything.

Three Quote from Organizers ([email protected]) was much higher like 9000, 9600, 12000 for Gallardo with much higher deposit.

I felt this is a better option than risking my Murcielago acroos Road, Ocean and back.

Let me know your opinion.

Thanks

Manju

Where is your Murcielago based?

Shipping the car seems to be too much of an annoyance. Fortis, please PM what you find to be the best rental option and I will rent. If I can buy my Roadster and drive it there before they ship it to the USA, I will do that.

Sorry RaginBull I owe you few PMs, I've been busier than usual latently lining up my projects for next year but now Christmas is coming and I will have the time to sit down to email you info, speaking of email can you PM yours, I will forward all the info I gathered ASAP.

Thanks

Where is your Murcielago based?

My Murcielago is based out of Chicago. I am not near the port. I have to pay 1100 to New York and 4000 Euros to Italy and same back or may be more.

I decided against shipping after reading coule of blogs about the damage to the car or clutch etc, even though I love to drive my Car and the 50th year celebration was meant to bring Lamborghinis around the world to Italy.

I will place a banner of my company on the rental Car.

Manju.

Here is a detailed analysis:

I have to pay 1100 to New York and 4400 Euros to Italy port Genoa. I have to drive 140 km from Genoa to starting point Milan or spend more money to be delivered at Milan.

Return shipping is quoted from La Spezia port about 250kms from Bolognese. Expenses may be more to ship from Bolognese to La Spezia port + 4400 euros to New York + 1100 to Chicago.

My total estimate in dollars is:

2200 (local shipping in US) + 11,440 Over Ocean + Shipping insurance + Car&Liability insurance in Italy + Local shipping in Italy (Genoa to Milan, Milan to La Spezia).

Manju.

Here is a detailed analysis:

I have to pay 1100 to New York and 4400 Euros to Italy port Genoa. I have to drive 140 km from Genoa to starting point Milan or spend more money to be delivered at Milan.

Return shipping is quoted from La Spezia port about 250kms from Bolognese. Expenses may be more to ship from Bolognese to La Spezia port + 4400 euros to New York + 1100 to Chicago.

My total estimate in dollars is:

2200 (local shipping in US) + 11,440 Over Ocean + Shipping insurance + Car&Liability insurance in Italy + Local shipping in Italy (Genoa to Milan, Milan to La Spezia).

Manju.

i spent 4000 euro from Kansas to Bolognese including insurance and every other expense or tax. Did you check transmec? If you do not want they start the car take out the battery or put on the car a battery killer switch with key. Ciao

On the car rental, I don't know if anyone is aware of the following or is it just me being paranoia:

Lamborghini SpA requires all participating cars for the event to be inspected prior to embarking the event. I don't know how quick & how thorough (or not thorough) the inspection is but an appointment is obviously necessary at the local Lambo dealers. Henceforth, do you have to take delivery of the car first and then go through the inspection? If so, how much time is needed and that's part of the rental. Or can the rental company arrange inspection prior to delivering the car. Otherwise, it would be stupid if the inspection appointment is a few days prior to the event.

The rental sanctioned by Lamborghini SpA includes the inspection prior to delivering the car to the renter. Using you own car also requires the same inspection.

VCR I think that's a sort of goodwill gesture on Lambo's part not a compulsory inspection.Also I expect the rental cars to be in good working order.

So that leaves paranoia :icon_mrgreen:

Sent: Friday, 21 December 2012 9:13 PM

To: ******@*********.com

Cc: Craig Dawson

Subject: LAMBORGHINI TOUR

Dear ******

Craig Dawson from our Adelaide office has contacted me as I am based in the UK at the moment and will be conducting the tour personally. I am Australian and normally in Adelaide.

In answer to your query I am handling the Australian Lamborghini Club Tour and also dealing with the North American and UK Clubs re the tour programme in May next year.

The Club Tour following the Lamborghini celebrations is also open to USA and UK Lamborghini owners. Details are as follows:

• It is a 9 day /9 night tour, starting in the Bologna area and finishing in London.

• Hotels are 4 star for a couple of reasons. Five star hotels are very expensive in Europe and for that reason we do not use them in any of our tours. They also require a very high level of deposit and they won’t hold reservations for the length of time that is required for us to complete our bookings and receive entries from the Southern Hemisphere. However, the hotels we do use, we have used for many years on our tours and they are well known to us for their quality and service and they all have car parking facilities that meet our requirements.

• The price for the tour based which includes accommodation, breakfast and dinner each day is $11,575. Also included in this price is a baggage van service from hotel to hotel.

• The cost of return shipping of your vehicle from the UK to Melbourne is $3,700.

If you would like to check our website www.internationalmotoringtours.com you will find a link to the Lamborghini Club Tour which outlines the full itinerary and includes many photos of the places we shall be visiting.

This tour can be booked through our official Travel Agency, Oliver Travel in Adelaide and we can email you an entry form if you wish. Will you be organising your own sea freight to Italy and do you require insurance for marine coverage whilst in transit and fully comprehensive vehicle insurance whilst in Europe, which includes third party, comprehensive vehicle insurance and road assist in case of breakdown.

I would like to give you a call to discuss this with you. Can you please email me when would be a convenient time to call to suit you during this busy season.

Seasons greetings and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kind regards

David Edwards

International Motoring Tours

Tel: +44 (0) 1548 521435

Mob: +44 (0) 77 899 27580

Quick total for the sums - $12k for the after tour, $8k for the official tour, $12k for airfares - that's $32k before car freight. So all up, this will be approaching $50k...

Andecorp do you mind getting few more details:

type of transport for the $3700 quoted, RO/RO, container?

how much will the insurance be while in transit and in Europe?

will the transport and insurance be available only in conjunction with the 9 day tour?

$3700 return is ridiculously cheap, I am guessing they are subsidising it from the tour money, I am actually very curious to see.

The tour sounds interesting but I don't think I will be able to be away for that long.

Thank you for your time.

Andecorp do you mind getting few more details:

type of transport for the $3700 quoted, RO/RO, container?

how much will the insurance be while in transit and in Europe?

will the transport and insurance be available only in conjunction with the 9 day tour?

$3700 return is ridiculously cheap, I am guessing they are subsidising it from the tour money, I am actually very curious to see.

The tour sounds interesting but I don't think I will be able to be away for that long.

Thank you for your time.

I am waiting on answers to all that and more. I first thought as well $3,700 fo return, but re-reading, it looks like he just meant "returned from UK to Melbourne", so the cost is one way.

Quick total for the sums - $12k for the after tour, $8k for the official tour, $12k for airfares - that's $32k before car freight. So all up, this will be approaching $50k...

Skip the 9 day tour

Airfares return business class Singapore Airlines $6500

Rental car in Europe $10,000

Lambo tour per person is $3200

$19,200

Plus 9 day tour

$31,275

I am waiting on answers to all that and more. I first thought as well $3,700 fo return, but re-reading, it looks like he just meant "returned from UK to Melbourne", so the cost is one way.

I did exactly the same thing and I think you are correct.

To send the cars to NT was about that much :) I tought what a bargain.

I am waiting on DDS to get back to me regarding various freight options.

Last year, for the LeMans racer, they offered $2,200 sea freight to France plus $700 taxes or $20,000 air freight.

Skip the 9 day tour

Airfares return business class Singapore Airlines $6500

Rental car in Europe $10,000

Lambo tour per person is $3200

$19,200

Plus 9 day tour

$31,275

Too long flight for business. It has to be 1st - $12k with Qantas/Emirates.

The whole Lambo tour fee (5,500euro) is coming out of my pocket.

The whole point of this thing would be to drive my own car. If I can't do that, I wouldn't be doing the tour.