Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

All LP members that attended the 50th: why not? we could do that the day after the event, if you like

ciao

i am in! :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am in! :)

i said All LP members that attended the 50th!!

first let me drive or be a passenger on your Diablo and JUST THEN (maybe) you will be invited... JUDE!

:icon_mrgreen:

Ciao

All LP members that attended the 50th: why not? we could do that the day after the event, if you like

ciao

I cannot wait to meet in person and see your Countach! :icon_thumleft:

I cannot wait to meet in person and see your Countach! :icon_thumleft:

believe me: it is NOTHING in special in person...looks WAY nicer in photoshopped pics Albert posts.... :icon_mrgreen:

believe me: it is NOTHING in special in person...looks WAY nicer in photoshopped pics Albert posts.... :icon_mrgreen:

I have never seen a real Countach, less bastardized ones, not look anything short of AMAZING in person. :eusa_naughty:

ciao

The trip just got even better, I am definitely in :icon_thumleft:

you forced me to buy that scrap (i hope Roy sent you fake dollars...) but now it's a swan! :thefinger:

ciao

Guys, just read through this thread and the number of concerns and questions listed in it...

Best to contact the team at the factory directly with any questions or concerns:

Lamborghini50 Event Team

Tel/Fax +39 02 45478888

[email protected]

www.lamborghini50.com/en/contacts.html

As with anyone interested in attending the 50th event who has questions... please contact the event team directly. That way your answers come directly from the source, and you can relay any concerns directly to the team responsible for the event.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortis, I'm in. I'll ship mine over.

I was looking at the shipping fees - air to Italy is euro25k but back only euro10k? How does that work? It looks more viable to ship there for 4,500euro and fly it back for 10,000euro.

I'll speak to our transport friends too to see what they offer.

Also, Lambo Club Aust is doing the trip from Italy to London straight after the Giro, with the cars shipped back home from London. That is very tempting, since the car will be there already, might as well see Europe in it too.

Fortis, I'm in. I'll ship mine over.

I was looking at the shipping fees - air to Italy is euro25k but back only euro10k? How does that work? It looks more viable to ship there for 4,500euro and fly it back for 10,000euro.

I'll speak to our transport friends too to see what they offer.

Also, Lambo Club Aust is doing the trip from Italy to London straight after the Giro, with the cars shipped back home from London. That is very tempting, since the car will be there already, might as well see Europe in it too.

Andecorp that sounds very good, how are you intending to ship from OZ to Italy RO/RO or container?

I still think we will have insurance issues with shipping the cars over, my insurance was flat out, no!

Rental or buying a car in Europe could be the most viable option at this stage, the after event trip sounds very enticing.

Guys I was contacted by the rental company which provided the original offer which I've forwarded to most interested members.

They want me to start firming up numbers and possibly lock in the deal.

I think we should revisit the list of members who will attend and figure out which one of you will rent or bring your own.

I will then be able to confirm with the rental company the number of cars required,

because the rental company requires personal information and deposit to secure the car, the members who are interested in renting will have to deal directly with the rental company and secure their own car.

The list:

1. Fortis

2. RaginBull

3. Allan-Herbie

4. Albert LP

5. D.Wiggs + 4

6. BMWRACER

7. VCR

8. Jpegs13 + 1

9. q8ylambo

10. Jetfire (maybe)

11. Team DD Patrick

12. adam76

13. DoctaM3

14. Fastcars

15. Steeve1234

16. RoadKing

Ok I see there is no further interest here so I will just let the rental company know that we will only need one or possibly two cars.

Hope to see some LP members in Italy :icon_thumleft:

Ok I see there is no further interest here so I will just let the rental company know that we will only need one or possibly two cars.

Hope to see some LP members in Italy :icon_thumleft:

I might need one.

I might need one.

I need to know whom needs a car so I can let the rental company know how many to reserve for us, if any of you guys want one please let me know and I will put you in touch with the rental rep.

I need to know whom needs a car so I can let the rental company know how many to reserve for us, if any of you guys want one please let me know and I will put you in touch with the rental rep.

Please put me in touch. Thank you!

Winkelman confirms a new model for their 50th anniversary

LOS ANGELES -- Automobili Lamborghini, the Italian exotic sports car maker founded in 1963 by Ferruccio Lamborghini, is laying big plans for its 50th birthday celebration next year, including a new car.

The company, now part of Volkswagen Group, will hold the Grande Giro Lamborghini in May and is asking owners worldwide to ship their cars to Milan. From there the convoy of exotic cars will scream through Tuscany, Rome, Bologna and finally to the Lamborghini factory at Sant'#### Bolognese.

Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann said the automaker will unveil "a special car that will celebrate" the anniversary -- a one-off design.

"It will not be a revival or retro," Winkelmann said at the Los Angeles Auto Show. He declined to say more about the car.

Lamborghini has set up a Web site to handle the logistics of shipping an exotic car to Italy.

The factory also will have several chase teams of mechanics following the driving route in case a brittle older car -- or a newer one driven too enthusiastically -- needs roadside assistance, Winkelmann said.

Also, every dealer in the world will have a smaller-scale event as well, he said.

The timing is good for an anniversary party. Lamborghini is coming off a strong year, with more global sales through October than in all of 2011, despite the difficult European economy and the Italian earthquake in May that halted production of the Aventador.

"We are really at full speed," Winkelmann said.

Already, the Aventador coupe and roadster have an 18-month waiting list. Lamborghini is building 900 to 1,000 Aventadors annually, up from a peak year of 630 units for its predecessor, the Murcielago.

"The global [exotic car] market is 25,000 cars, so volatility and opportunity are very close together," Winkelmann said. For 2013, he predicts stability in the U.S. market, strength in the Middle East, more risk in Europe, while "crossing our fingers" about the Southeast Asian and Chinese markets.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20121210/O...5#ixzz2EgAI1Qui

It will probably be a one-off like the Aventador J, milking exercise more than anything else either way I am looking forward to seeing it.

"The company, now part of Volkswagen Group, will hold the Grande Giro Lamborghini in May and is asking owners worldwide to ship their cars to Milan."

"Lamborghini has set up a Web site to handle the logistics of shipping an exotic car to Italy."

If that is the case; why is Lamborghini gouging the owner on the costs of (a) shipping their cars to & from Italy,

or (b ) renting a Lamborghini in Italy; in order to participate in the event? I understand the freight costs are not cheap but owners should be given a break on the rental. They aren't someone off the streets who wants to try out a Lambo at an event. These are --- at the end of the day --- Lambo owners and thus Lamborghini's very own customers. (Perhaps it's the very fact that they are Lambo owners so Lamborghini can and will gouge them? :eusa_wall: )

IMO, really bad PR.

:iamwithstupid:

I saw a shipping manifest for a Lambo that was flown in, the price on the manifest was almost half the price they are asking of us to have our cars airfreighted over to Italy.

The company which was selected by Lamborghini as their preferred rental company is more expensive than independents.

Makes you wonder.

:iamwithstupid:

I saw a shipping manifest for a Lambo that was flown in, the price on the manifest was almost half the price they are asking of us to have our cars airfreighted over to Italy.

The company which was selected by Lamborghini as their preferred rental company is more expensive than independents.

Makes you wonder.

I spent 4000 euro for a sea delivery from Kansas (!!) to my home that is very close to Lamborghini factory, so you can guess how high is the factory charge on the offered deliveries service.

ciao

Hi,

I am a new Addition to the list of people who plan to atten 50th Anniversary. I live in Chicago and planning to ship my Murcielago or rent the car. I read through lot of posts on the same but could not find details.

Can you please help me by emailing the shipping companies/costs and rental companies/costs. I appreciate your help as you all have done quite a bit of reserch on this from Aug-2012.

Thanks

Manju.

I would recomend this, for USA east cost owners:

http://www.transmecgroup.it

they are based more or less 20 miles from Lamborghini Factory

http://www.transmecgroup.it/en/north-america

write to:

[email protected]

or to the other e-mail address on the site

Hope can help

ciao

I would recomend this, for USA east cost owners:

http://www.transmecgroup.it

they are based more or less 20 miles from Lamborghini Factory

http://www.transmecgroup.it/en/north-america

write to:

[email protected]

or to the other e-mail address on the site

Hope can help

ciao

Thanks Diao.

Do you recommend shipping the Car to Italy or rent the car. I inquired for rentals and rental cost of a Gallardo is same as shipping my Murcielago.

Do I need additional papers to drive my US registred car in Italy?

Manju.