Iphone 5 compared to new droids??

BUMN

I have a droid razr which works pretty well... as most I like having the the newest toys.. been thinking of trying the Iphone 5, but I have heard so not so good things about it, apple maps for one.. heard its pretty bad compared to goggle maps, and I do use the maps on my phone often... heard there are a few bugs in the new hardware of apple, some people are saying they get a headache from using the phone from some new noise canceling software... and its very easy to scratch the new design metal being used on the phone. Verizon has some new droid's coming out in the next few weeks or months, droid razr HD, and a MAXX HD... that have better battery life then apple, larger screens and they have a new SIRI type software coming to their software update... what to do ?? Has anyone on here made the droid razr to iphone 5 switch? any feedback will help... thanks

no issues with software? no headache's? Did u go from the 4S to Iphone5? worth the upgrade?

thanks

no issues with software? no headache's? Did u go from the 4S to Iphone5? worth the upgrade?

thanks

I just did it and it's worth the upgrade. Though I'm probably the biggest Apple fanboy on here :icon_mrgreen:

Still not sure what everyone's issue with the new Maps is. Works great for me! Was awesome turn-by-turn on a 4 hour trip the other day.

I have a droid razr which works pretty well... as most I like having the the newest toys.. been thinking of trying the Iphone 5, but I have heard so not so good things about it, apple maps for one.. heard its pretty bad compared to goggle maps, and I do use the maps on my phone often... heard there are a few bugs in the new hardware of apple, some people are saying they get a headache from using the phone from some new noise canceling software... and its very easy to scratch the new design metal being used on the phone. Verizon has some new droid's coming out in the next few weeks or months, droid razr HD, and a MAXX HD... that have better battery life then apple, larger screens and they have a new SIRI type software coming to their software update... what to do ?? Has anyone on here made the droid razr to iphone 5 switch? any feedback will help... thanks

First off, Google Now aka the siri competitor is garbage. Nothing like siri, pretty annoying to me since it makes false predictions based on my behavior. But, I don't use siri either, seems weird to talk to my phone, just me.

Apple maps are beta, they will get better over time, just use the browser app meanwhile. Doubt google will ever be approved of its own app. This is the iphone, its supposed to be perfect. In this day and age, everyone is going to rip it to shreds as much as they can and it may seem like a huge majority problem when it fact its not, its just a very bad sample population for a very bad survey. Maps may not give you an accurate view on the phone, but it will guide you turn by turn via gps to the correct destination.

Cant comment about the headache issue, heard of it, but that is dependent of the user.

The iphone is very fragile, which is a minus. I drop and throw my android everywhere, no problem. iPhone, goodluck with that. Sometimes I just dont want the headache of treating my phone like a precious jewel.

Feature vs cost wise the droids are a very good deal. If a bigger screen is a deal breaker for you, then the droid wins. Once the new droids get the jellybean update, the users will be very happy, its a huge improvement. Still not a fan of a non nexus device, it just ruins the overall experience imo.

I personally think that if you try the new iphone, you will not be disappointed. Depending on what you need it for, you will be quite happy. Overall, the features you need in a phone are there and work flawlessly. Android, not so much. I have icons disappear, programs running and draining my battery within half a day, terrible keyboard predictions, buggy apps etc. I say give it a shot! If not, the good thing about the iphone is its resell value...you'll lose $20-$40

Another minus on droid..which I don't hear being discussed often, it the music experience sucks! I'm a music guy, so I love how the iphone is compatible with all types of different aftermarket accessories for music, itunes, and I also love the microphone/button features with headphones. Have you ever tried any of these with an android phone? sucks huge balls!

terrible keyboard predictions

You know you can change keyboard on Android right? :icon_mrgreen:

Other than that a pretty good sum up, but a lot of the pros and cons depends on the phone you get.

You know you can change keyboard on Android right? :icon_mrgreen:

Other than that a pretty good sum up, but a lot of the pros and cons depends on the phone you get.

Yup. I'm using swift key. But, I shouldn't have to. The stock android keys are so damn tiny...

First off, Google Now aka the siri competitor is garbage. Nothing like siri, pretty annoying to me since it makes false predictions based on my behavior. But, I don't use siri either, seems weird to talk to my phone, just me.

Huh? Google Now is pretty slick, and better than Siri if you ask me. It uses my Chrome browser data to determine what I'd be interested in. It stored the last map search/directions I looked up on my desktop before heading out, it shows me sports scores after look up the schedules of local teams, among other things. The best part is that I didn't need to do any of it on my phone.

Also, Siri requires data for voice dictation if I remember correctly. That's retarded. I can speak into my phone and get very accurate results without data turned on.

If you're a big fan of Google services, like Gmail, Maps, Search, or Chrome, then Android is much superior IMO. The integration is just excellent. Much better than what you'll get with the iPhone.

If you're a big fan of Google services, like Gmail, Maps, Search, or Chrome, then Android is much superior IMO. The integration is just excellent. Much better than what you'll get with the iPhone.

Agreed. This is why I have it. Something to consider BUM. You're locked into Apple with the iphone. Love the choices I get with android.

BTW, OP, Google's new vanilla Nexus devices should be coming out soon. Those will be the phones to get. All Android phones other than vanilla Android suck imo.

x2. Can't wait to see them. I only buy pure vanilla android. I hate the baked in stuff other companies ruin it with.

Oh god, another apple vs android thread

:iamwithstupid:

Just wait until Vilhelm gets wind of this one, he will tell us all again how Apple robbed him of his childhood, such an evil corporation.

OP stay away it is a curse!

:iamwithstupid:

Just wait until Vilhelm gets wind of this one, he will tell us all again how Apple robbed him of his childhood, such an evil corporation.

OP stay away it is a curse!

I'm getting this: Galaxy Note II :D

They never robbed me of anything because I never bought their product, just their stock. Win win :D

Agreed. This is why I have it. Something to consider BUM. You're locked into Apple with the iphone. Love the choices I get with android.

x2. Can't wait to see them. I only buy pure vanilla android. I hate the baked in stuff other companies ruin it with.

The recently announced Droid Razr HD (and Razr Maxx HD) apparently are *really* close to having stock Android, with just a few minor convenience features and widgets added. They finally got rid of MotoBlur. Perhaps this is because Motorola is now owned by Google, so maybe that had some influence on it, but either way, the reviewers so far have been saying it's a really clean experience, really close to stock Android. I'm curious to check the Razrs out when they hit stores (whenever the F that will be).

The recently announced Droid Razr HD (and Razr Maxx HD) apparently are *really* close to having stock Android, with just a few minor convenience features and widgets added. They finally got rid of MotoBlur. Perhaps this is because Motorola is now owned by Google, so maybe that had some influence on it, but either way, the reviewers so far have been saying it's a really clean experience, really close to stock Android. I'm curious to check the Razrs out when they hit stores (whenever the F that will be).

Oh, I didn't know that. I love the razr -- I'll have to check it out :icon_thumleft:

BTW, check this video out:

Multi-windows: You can have one window on top, one on the bottom and change their size. So you can have (for example) LP open, and if you get a text message, you can drag in the text window window on the bottom, that way you don't have to close your browsing to check your messages. 2:20 in the video. True multitasking!

It can also play videos on screen at all times while you are doing other stuff. You can take out your S-pen and when you do, you can have the app you use most of the time with your s-pen open automaticly! So if you are on the phone and want to write down a note or number/order number/what ever you take out your s-pen and plot it down.

The s-pen has an "air hover" now, so you can use desktop type web pages (like Porsche.com) without problems. Not possible with any other phone. Since on the desktop you hover your mouse over the menu, but that is not possible on other phones. It's either click or not click. That has always been a PITA previously.

So many other cool features as well. Check it out!

S-pen :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Pen or not, this thing is EPIC.

I never used a digital pen before on any of my own things, but I can see the features it can offer me. I hate plotting down numbers when I'm on the phone. So instead of clicking back, back, open note application and insert the numbers you just take the pen out (open the right app once the pen is taken out) and plot down the number and it will export your handwriting to text/number inputs.

It also has cool features like: If you get a text message from someone, just hold the phone up to your ear and it will call that number. That's something I do all the time, so a very useful feature.

It also recognizes your face so if you go to bed and want to surf while laying down it will keep the screen orientation because it knows where your head/eyes are.

It also sees when you are looking at it, so the screen won't dime as long as you look at the screen.

Another features are gestures. You swipe up on the screen, and write what ever you want: like C and it will Call Chris. If you write a G it can open Google etc. All these gestures are customizable.

This phone has so many AWESOME features that no other phone has.

Last but not least: TRUE 2-way call recording, not via a mic, that stuff is crap. It takes sound directly from the hardware. That software ALONE has saved me almost a thousand dollars. People that tell me a set price on service/product on the phone to later adjust the price by several %. "Well I record all my calls, so here listen to this:" :D

TrustedReviews.com 9/10

I am willing to bet Vilhelm has shares in Samsung.

I watched that video, reinforces what the problem is with those supper-duper smart phones, 90 % of the features are either useless, you could do without or way too hard to remember also you need a stick to prod it with, I am sure I would misplace the stick in less than 24 hours.

If you stop dealing with dodgy people you wouldn't have to record conversations :icon_mrgreen:

I do thousands of transactions and haven't had one person yet try to go back on their word, lock a deal in properly, get written quotes, bring value to your associate's business and they won't dare or be able to afford to rip you off.

Also buy something already and stop harassing us Apple Fanboys :thefinger:

I am willing to bet Vilhelm has shares in Samsung.

I watched that video, reinforces what the problem is with those supper-duper smart phones, 90 % of the features are either useless, you could do without or way too hard to remember also you need a stick to prod it with, I am sure I would misplace the stick in less than 24 hours.

If you stop dealing with dodgy people you wouldn't have to record conversations :icon_mrgreen:

I do thousands of transactions and haven't had one person yet try to go back on their word, lock a deal in properly, get written quotes, bring value to your associate's business and they won't dare or be able to afford to rip you off.

Also buy something already and stop harassing us Apple Fanboys :thefinger:

No Samsung shares Fortis, I just like their product. Note2 is already ordered, hopefully it will be in my mail box when I get home today :D Lots of features are not needed, but this phone does have a lot of features that are very smart, like the ones I mentioned. It has several others as well, but they are not that important to me :)

The "deals" I'm talking about are not big ones Fortis. They are small jobs. I got a company to redo my old kitchen and we agreed on a price, the next day he said we agreed on a higher price. Another example: An electrician job. I was quoted 3000NOK but got an invoice for 5500NOK etc. Small stuff like that.

Call recording is actually required by law at brokerage firms in Norway, I think the same is true with regular banks. If not it's "he said, she said". With the call recorder I have it set to record people I don't have in my phone book at all times, and I can set it to record x person from the phonebook as well. I love that app :D

Don't you have to disclose that you are recording them?

I wonder how we used to do business before smart phones, oh I know written quotations :icon_mrgreen:

Enjoy your Samsung :icon_thumleft:

Don't you have to disclose that you are recording them?

I wonder how we used to do business before smart phones, oh I know written quotations :icon_mrgreen:

Enjoy your Samsung :icon_thumleft:

In Norway: If you are a business you have to disclose (unless you are required by law - like a brokerage firm). Private to private or private to business and you don't have to disclose anything.

Thanks bud, enjoy your iPhone. :)