GTR vs Aventador

Turbo50Mike

One of the races the Aventador beat the GTR, just not sure if it was a modded one or not, there were so many damn GTRs there yesterday and they were all silver, gray or black... lol

Hey! I had the only black one!

(But yeah, there were alot of them there!)

Here's him racing a bolt on pump gas GTR

(Edit..Sorry, didn't see that Hovik already linked it)

Looked pretty close, but the GTR was sleeping off the line.

Yeah, on that particular run, the GT-R didn't use launch control. They tried a few other times and that partciluar GT-R got him. I have to admit though, there's something awesome about seeing a Lambo smoke all four tires as it launches and pretty much keeps up with most of the modded GT-Rs. :icon_super:

Haha Heather is a very cool chick but taken. I know her and her boyfriend Rob since they are from DC. Cool video!

Yup, Heather and Rob are my peeps! When Rob told me about this runway event, I had no idea he was talking about Hovik's event until he showed me pics/video and I was like hey, that's the NY/NJ crew! Had no idea you knew Rob, Hovik! :lol2:

btw, Heather has a TWIN SISTER, too!...she's taken, too, though (married). I gave Heather's sister her first ride ever in a Lamborghini, haha

700 awhp on high boost is perfect, I dont think I need more than that. Im just worried since Ive read these cars tend to break rods alot.

stock turbo cars are fun ( i drove at around 530whp 91 octane) very responsive for normal driving.

upgraded turbos are fun (my setup) cost to make it reliable motor, turbos, tranny , tune etc. 30k +/- fun factor on "part" throttle is less than stock tuned turbos (being honest here) -

I enjoyed , the NON surge part throttle fun of a tuned stock turbos setup vs. my upgraded turbos. Now all out race and thrill of WOT my setup is fun. 9.5s @150 in vegas.

since you seem anal (not trying to be a dick) you might not be happy with some of the quirks that come with 800whp... tranny shifts harder and part throttle lag..

have Alex let you borrow a upgraded turbo and stock tuned turbo for a few hours and you will make up your mind.

If i were you , i would get a 2012 and custom tune with a nice exhaust and enjoy. 0-80 is basically the same as any modified for spirited cruise.

I am test driving a 2010 GTR Friday. I've sat in the driver's seat once but never driven. I did have a 350z before so I'm not new to Nissan but I'm interested to see what it is like.

That Aventador looks great. Definitely impressive that its 100% stock and can hang with a 700whp GTR.

The more GTR vids I see, the more I'm tempted to get one with bolt-ons for a DD.

stock turbo cars are fun ( i drove at around 530whp 91 octane) very responsive for normal driving.

upgraded turbos are fun (my setup) cost to make it reliable motor, turbos, tranny , tune etc. 30k +/- fun factor on "part" throttle is less than stock tuned turbos (being honest here) -

I enjoyed , the NON surge part throttle fun of a tuned stock turbos setup vs. my upgraded turbos. Now all out race and thrill of WOT my setup is fun. 9.5s @150 in vegas.

since you seem anal (not trying to be a dick) you might not be happy with some of the quirks that come with 800whp... tranny shifts harder and part throttle lag..

have Alex let you borrow a upgraded turbo and stock tuned turbo for a few hours and you will make up your mind.

If i were you , i would get a 2012 and custom tune with a nice exhaust and enjoy. 0-80 is basically the same as any modified for spirited cruise.

What do you think of E85 tunes on stock turbos?

It's great. You'll never go back to pump gas. Loads of torque, and no stinky exhaust. Probably run about 600/600 wheel hp/tq.

But you'll need injectors and pumps for E85...Then just do a dual map (or more) that you can select from the steering wheel cruise control buttons in case you can't find E85 and have to fill up with pump.

That's what I have - four maps on the steering wheel...Low boost pump gas, high boost pump gas, low boost E85, and high boost E85. I can change the map in literally 3 seconds.

It's great. You'll never go back to pump gas. Loads of torque, and no stinky exhaust. Probably run about 600/600 wheel hp/tq.

But you'll need injectors and pumps for E85...Then just do a dual map (or more) that you can select from the steering wheel cruise control buttons in case you can't find E85 and have to fill up with pump.

That's what I have - four maps on the steering wheel...Low boost pump gas, high boost pump gas, low boost E85, and high boost E85. I can change the map in literally 3 seconds.

That sounds perfect!

When you get your car dont get it tuned for E85. It will spoil the shit out of you. There is no smell, no black crap all over your exhaust and rear of the car, and it runs so smooth. I would compare it to going from Carb to Fuel Inj. It is that big of a difference. I say all this because I wont drive my GTR unless I have E85 in it, the problem is I dont have any stations near me. I have to go 2 hours away to fill up a few drums so it is a PIA.

So if you dont taste it, you wont miss it :icon_thumleft:

When you get your car dont get it tuned for E85. It will spoil the shit out of you. There is no smell, no black crap all over your exhaust and rear of the car, and it runs so smooth. I would compare it to going from Carb to Fuel Inj. It is that big of a difference. I say all this because I wont drive my GTR unless I have E85 in it, the problem is I dont have any stations near me. I have to go 2 hours away to fill up a few drums so it is a PIA.

So if you dont taste it, you wont miss it :icon_thumleft:

I have a station not to far from me.

If you can do E85 - then its a no brannier. low 10s @ 135-137 - cost is very reasonable (under 5k with a good exhaust ) gobs of trq down low.

My friend drove a GTR with big ass turbos(35r's and stage 4 trans) told me it was NO fun at all driving thru traffic. VERY laggy and tranny was "ruff" -"felt like a race car".

My theory is start with a E85 tune.. if you get bored , then you can move up to spe950 ! 9.1@159 ..is just insane.

Then there is no question...E85. You'll love it.

Agreed!

One little piece of advice. E85 will eat through every bit of wax a car has on it if you get it on your paint. 1st time I did it I thought it ruined the paint. You can see it immediatly and feel the groove with your finger. I cleaned it, put a good coat of wax on it and all was good. I always keep a rag with me and wedge it up under the nozzle.

Once you do the E85 tune is that all you can run? Or can you pretty much run the tank down to empty and then use 93 and switch tunes? I googled and there is actually an E85 station about 3 miles away.

Once you do the E85 tune is that all you can run? Or can you pretty much run the tank down to empty and then use 93 and switch tunes? I googled and there is actually an E85 station about 3 miles away.

You can switch.