Some advice on purchasing an LP640

modena35

Hello, I am new to this forum but not new to Lamborghini ownership.....I am in the process of seriously looking at 07 and 08 murcielagos... I wondered if anyone has any knowledge as to the Grigio Telesto 07 LP640 on ebay right now? Vin #

ZHWBU37S57LA02206. Ebay item #110982832925.

Any advice on purchasing this or a 07/08 year LP640 would be greatly appreciated

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...=item19d717a31d

Guest Moss
Hello, I am new to this forum but not new to Lamborghini ownership.....I am in the process of seriously looking at 07 and 08 murcielagos... I wondered if anyone has any knowledge as to the Grigio Telesto 07 LP640 on ebay right now? Vin #

ZHWBU37S57LA02206. Ebay item #110982832925.

Any advice on purchasing this or a 07/08 year LP640 would be greatly appreciated

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...=item19d717a31d

Thats a damn nice car! Price is excellent.

Thanks for oyur opinion fellas! One more question...obviously I would get a PPI on whatever I purchase and run a carfax...but can one of you recommend what to do to get the car inspected for any body or structural damage? The Lambo dealers normally will only give you a mechanical inspection. Also would you guys receommend a compression test on a car with 10k or under?

Car looks great! It is in San Diego and Symbolic Motors is located there as well. They seem to have a really great rep on the board. Might be worth reaching out to them about the PPI and your concerns over a thorough inspection.

• 3 years later...

Here is a bit of an update on this car. It has showed up at a Massachusetts insurance salvage Auction

(Link https://www.copart.com/lot/33577766 )

(Archive Link for when the car sells https://web.archive.org/web/20161103024504/...om/lot/33577766 )

(Copart also made a walk around video

)

with severe damage to the roof and under body.

Here is what the notes on the Auction page say. "2007 Lamborghini Murcielago with 19,909 miles located in North Boston Massachusetts at yard #53.

This is an insurance company supplied vehicle that was involved in a collision. The vehicle was traveling when it went off the roadway and hit a tree stump and rolled onto its roof. The impact of the stump damaged the underbody panels, broke through the floor and cracked part of the frame. There is damage to the roof, windshield, seats, mirrors, left quarter panel, right door, rocker, floor pan, underbody panels, front bumper and wheels. The engine starts and runs but the transmission did not engage, it will not shift out of neutral. The Murcielago is powered by a 640HP 6.5L V-12 with all-wheel drive and the body is almost entirely built in carbon fiber (except for steel door panels).

This item is located in North Boston Massachusetts at yard #53 and will need to be picked up at that location."

Might want to watch out for this one in the future.

Here is a bit of an update on this car. It has showed up at a Massachusetts insurance salvage Auction

(Link https://www.copart.com/lot/33577766 )

(Archive Link for when the car sells https://web.archive.org/web/20161103024504/...om/lot/33577766 )

(Copart also made a walk around video

)

with severe damage to the roof and under body.

Here is what the notes on the Auction page say. "2007 Lamborghini Murcielago with 19,909 miles located in North Boston Massachusetts at yard #53.

This is an insurance company supplied vehicle that was involved in a collision. The vehicle was traveling when it went off the roadway and hit a tree stump and rolled onto its roof. The impact of the stump damaged the underbody panels, broke through the floor and cracked part of the frame. There is damage to the roof, windshield, seats, mirrors, left quarter panel, right door, rocker, floor pan, underbody panels, front bumper and wheels. The engine starts and runs but the transmission did not engage, it will not shift out of neutral. The Murcielago is powered by a 640HP 6.5L V-12 with all-wheel drive and the body is almost entirely built in carbon fiber (except for steel door panels).

This item is located in North Boston Massachusetts at yard #53 and will need to be picked up at that location."

Might want to watch out for this one in the future.

Damn, that car was owned by LP member NRG x Lambo.

Sad to see it like that, was super nice.

Hope this is not the car you are looking at? If it is it goes to show how these cars can be returned to life and sold on to unsuspecting people.

Dude, he was looking at the car like 4 years ago. Maybe he was the driver ;) But someone brought back a very old thread (and rightfully so because it had VIN information on the car), but this guy was interested in the car BEFORE the accident.

Just adding clarity.

Thanks!

Jon

A local customer to me bought the car a few years ago. He then traded it in to us a bit ago. We sold ti to the current owner who was in the accident with it.

It was a nice car when we sold it.