Quicker Shifts Program

duhawks

PM'd you back. I have nothing to hide. I guess its one thing to blow a customers motor up due to them not knowing what they were doing, you can always fix it but the way it was handled after the fact is poor business. I have everything documented emails from them and text messages. I just hope it doesnt happen to anyone else

Did Top Speed not stand behind their work?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah they turn down the shift speed in the r8s from the factory as well as retune them. Drives me nutts.

Thanks for chatting with me. Sounds like your car is going to be a beast now! Hopefully Top Speed doesn't get to inventive with my car or I will have to give Kevin a call.

or consider heffner for MUCH less dinero and a track record of success!

Not sure why anyone would go with any firm other than Heffner or UGR?

Yeah if I had to send my R8 to someone else it would be a tough choice. Hefferner and UGR are both amazing. I dont know though, the new ASS kit for the R8 looks pretty freaking awesome. 820 hp to all 4 wheels on 7lbs of boost on pump gas.......

I am very happy with Top Speed. They are always at the same tracks and events that I go to so if anything goes wrong I dont have to ship the car any where. Their shop is a few miles from my house and that is a very nice benefit for me.

Did you mess with your shift speeds at all yet? I think I am going to go for it and see what it does.

I ordered the quicker shifts software. I will put up some vbox graphs after I get it so we can see how much better it is. They claim 30 to 40% faster. Shifts are around .1x they say or faster.

• 2 weeks later...

They have it all fabricated. They said they will start the car tomorrow or next week and tune it.

I think the only thing left is they have to put the radiators on there for the IC.

They have it all fabricated. They said they will start the car tomorrow or next week and tune it.

I think the only thing left is they have to put the radiators on there for the IC.

Word! How long they had it for now? Looks like I was the guinea pig since they had mine for 9 months lol

Word! How long they had it for now? Looks like I was the guinea pig since they had mine for 9 months lol

Haha someone always has to be!

They have had mine for 2 months now.... It is getting lonely!

• 2 weeks later...
Funny seeing you here. I have a TT R8 but mine is manual so I can only blame myself if shifts are slow!

You have some of the fastest manual shifts i've ever heard. It's like someone on an e-gear. You no slow! :lol2:

Getting cranked up tomorrow and put on the dyno. Hope it goes well....

NICE!! Keep us posted.

I am livid right now just took the film protection off my car and im missing so much paint off my bumper from where Topspeed used there company to do the paint. Nathan had it sprayed once and said it didnt match perfectly so it took 2 more weeks to have done again. These guys are criminals and do bad business you will see. My website documenting everything will be up in a week you will be able to read 58 emails and I will have all texts put up there as well.

I am livid right now just took the film protection off my car and im missing so much paint off my bumper from where Topspeed used there company to do the paint. Nathan had it sprayed once and said it didnt match perfectly so it took 2 more weeks to have done again. These guys are criminals and do bad business you will see. My website documenting everything will be up in a week you will be able to read 58 emails and I will have all texts put up there as well.

Just so I understand the timeline.

-Your car went to Top Speed, took 9 months.

-You got it back with a blown motor

-Sent it to UGR for a rebuild

-You are happy with the results

-You take wrap off and discover paint damage.

When was the car wrapped and how long have you left it on?

Just so I understand the timeline.

-Your car went to Top Speed, took 9 months.

-You got it back with a blown motor

-Sent it to UGR for a rebuild

-You are happy with the results

-You take wrap off and discover paint damage.

When was the car wrapped and how long have you left it on?

the wrap was put on maybe 6months ago maybe a month or so after the bumper was painted. Extremely high end company that did it. It was a clear bra matte wrap. I love the car now I can explain the night and day difference and the customer service. nathan told me so many lies I was having to call Lambo Atlanta to confirm only to be lied to. Not to mention Nathan is "not the owner" although he sold me as he was the owner and lets not also forget Dough sent me a email saying Topspeed is not in business. I will be building a site when all said and done but please spread the word this is horrible busines I have over 58 emails, countless texts I can share...here is a good one...

Douglas Wilks

7/27/12

to me

Drew,

I am not sure what your trying to get.. You modified your vehicle outside of its factory inteded warranty. It broke which happens all the time. You the took it to another shop that didn't do the inital work to get fixed. You avoided all contact with us for almost a month and then being to make demands.

I mean if your mecedes breaks, and you take it to a ford dealer to get fixed, are you then going to send the bill to mercedes and try and have the cover it? it doesn't work. Even still I am not avoiding you, but I have nothing to offer you. I do not own TopSpeed.. nor have I for over a month.

I have been planing for months now to close down the shop.. sorry for the timing.

Doug

and another one

Douglas Wilks

7/26/12

to me

Drew,

I regret to hear that your Gallardo project is currently not running, I am sure however you will get it sorted. Some things must be cleared up with you though as I feel you are miss informed.

- Nathan Cicio and I have never been business partners or shareholders of the same company.

- TopSpeed Inc which you dealt with to work your Gallardo is no longer in business or operating.

- The closing of TopSpeed Inc also included the closing of all open, outstanding, and unpaid accounts. This included your outstanding balance to TopSpeed Inc of almost $20,000.00 dollars, which fortunately for you didn't lead to a Lien being placed on your vehicle.

I think this whole talk about making it personal is a bit unneccesary. We have both lost enough time and money over this whole deal, and should just part our ways.

Regards,

Doug Wilks

I prepaid most of everything this supposed 20k is extra stuff they tried to hit me with i have no problem posting the bill as I am an honest person

here are some good emails to go thru notice my cra was at topspeed for 9 months then on may when i got it back it wasnt til end of july where it went to underound reason being when car was delivered it smoked. So Doug drove his happy as to charleston for 3 days to look at car and they replaced turbos bc it was a seal and a spark plug. Nathan admits that was his fault so he didnt charge me what a great guy...anyhow here are 4-5 emails all i did was copy and paste....like I said I will have a full detailed website built showing my experience outlining everything

TopSpeed Motorsports

5/30/12

to me

Drew,

Here is the line by line final bill.

I didn't charge you a dollar for the new turbos or Doug's time...that was my bad so I ate that.

Let me know what card you want it on bro.

What are you going to do about the SL63

Also I heard the deal on the X6 M fell through...any line on another one?

~Cicio

TopSpeed Motorsports

www.topspeedtuned.com

678-297-7770

To view your invoice

Open the attached PDF file. You must have Acrobat® Reader® installed to view the attachment.

Inv_1431_from_TopSpeed_Moto.pdf Inv_1431_from_TopSpeed_Moto.pdf

111K View Download

drew ciccarelli

6/26/12

to TopSpeed

Nathan, yesterday my car was sent to underground racing to have Kevin look over the car. There are alot of concerns that Kevin and I have with the car do to how the car is running and smoking. They are gonna perform a leak down test to see if something in the motor like a ring or seal is messed up due to the amount of smoke coming out. They dont believe its the turbos they think that they are higher up than any other turbo that they have seen but there is not oil in the blow off valves. I am really hoping it is not the motor when you talked about doing the build you discussed how doing the stand alone was the safest way and that if we blew the motor you would buy me a new one...you remember saying that? Im gonna have Underground perform some work on the car since they know what there doing and it is tough for me to send the car back to Topspeed since it took 9months the first time and I lost alot in depreciation and was not able to drive the car. As of right now UGR thinks its best to put the car back to factory. There is also no heat shield on the rear of the bumper which raises some concerns. I will know more by the end of the week as they do more work to the car. Also after looking at the bill im shocked that you are charging more than what UGR would charge for a stage 1 kit also since you told me the charge would be around 25k and that we would make more power and it would be a better system then UGR. Can you break down the charges and the credits on the bill please.

Sales @TopSpeed Motorsports

6/26/12

to me

Thanks for the email Drew, its nice to hear from you.

I’m sorry that it has come to this, I wish that the car wouldn’t have to go to UGR, but I totally understand your thought process and can’t blame you for that.

I’ll look over the bill and see if it is out of line later today when I have time and let you know.

Please let me know what UGR says, and keep in mind that they HATE the fact that anyone else is turboing Lambos, so their outlook is generically going to be very negative.

Please take things with a grain of salt and do your best do give me the benefit of the doubt.

Again thanks for the email, at the very least I want to keep these lines of communication open so that we can be on the same page. Even if we are upset at one another we need to communicate to get through this.

~Cicio

-Owner / GM | TopSpeed Motorsports

-Phone:678.297.7770 | Free:866 /94-SPEED

-www.topspeedtuned.com

Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:24:36 -0400

To: TopSpeed Sales

Conversation: Invoice from TopSpeed Motorsports

Subject: Re: Invoice from TopSpeed Motorsports

www.topspeedtuned.com

678-297-7770 <678-297-7770>

dmc284,

I redacted the personal e-mail addresses from your post, but left the text untouched.

Cool I apologize for that did you read the emails do you see how a customer that has 5 high end vehicles is treated I am shocked. My though process was I was willing to be cool if they replaced motor with factory one and put car back to stock yeah I lost 9 months of having my convertible in the best weather of history after promised 2-3 but I was cool bc I should of went with UGR out of the gate they are the most reputable shame on me. But to then see doug an nathan team up and say the company is closed down and nathan is not the owner blha blha blah...I cant walk away not so they can do it to another customer which is going to happen. I will bet 100k cash to anyone anyone put: UGR audi r8 against topspeed r8 when they get in done(not trying to be mean) and notice the quality and power difference doug has no idea what he is doing tuning nathan told me not to downshift top 1st when pulling up to red lights not good for car...thats half the freaking fun....

Has the OP ever unsubcribed from his own thread???

Did I take a chance on Top Speed getting my work done Yes. Did you, Yes. We all take chances when we are adding twin turbos to our cars. You just happened to be the frist to do it with Top Speed and I am the second.

I bet you UGR and Heffner took a long time with their first car too. Not saying what happened was right but it was the first car. I am pretty sure every tuner runs into problems with their frist project. Just like business men have troubles with their first business. In the end more than most always figure it out. Hopefully everyhting will go smooth for me. If any tuner claims their first project went smooth well then that would be a lie. I gurantee you they all had issues that had to be fixed on some level.

I have no connection with Top Speed. I am just giving my honest opinion. I hope my car turns out well. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt here because nothing has gone wrong yet. So far all of the fab work has been done in house and it looks great.

At the end of the day everyone here works hard and we just want what is best for our cars. Hopefully everything turns out great.

duhawks,

You and I have been chatting back and forth for a little bit and you seem like a very cool guy who gets very excited about this sort of stuff (like me, lol), so I hope for your sake that the car is done in a reasonable time and you are happy with it. Keep me/us posted!

BTW, are you going to the Chicago 1/2 mile event? I doubt it, but thought I would ask anyway.

I am probably the most laid back person you will meet. I get a long with everyone.

I actually may make it up there. I have to attend an old college roommates bachelor party perhaps that weekend though so I am not sure yet.