Another Twin Turbo R8 by Underground Racing * pictures

Underground Racing

Thanks to Tony from Canada for choosing Underground Racing to Twin Turbo this killer looking R8 6 speed. Tony went with the stage 3 package, 1000 whp on pump gas and 1250 whp on race gas. He also went with the Race Version heads that puts him over 1100 whp on 93 octane. He also has the Motec boost by gear setup and more. This build took aprox 8 weeks. Tony2010TTR8_03_zps87cfc95a.jpgTony2010TTR8_04_zps5bb6aced.jpgTony2010TTR8_02_zps20e1182e.jpgTony2010TTR8_01_zps6744b4a4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
This is the kinda stuff that messes me up, turbo the Gallardo or turbo the R8? Stupid problem to have.

LOL

The gallardos seem so common now, I say R8.

R8 is for bigger people. Big people cannot fit in a Gallardo. After a few minutes driving a Gallardo I was screaming to get the fcuk out of it which sucks because it is my favorite car.

• 1 year later...
R8 is for bigger people. Big people cannot fit in a Gallardo. After a few minutes driving a Gallardo I was screaming to get the fcuk out of it which sucks because it is my favorite car.

exactly! hence I'm looking at an R8 V10 6-speed .... and then to TT it, as 525hp is just not enough, especially as they are too heavy.

how are these in terms of reliability? when TT'd.

also, the R8 TT that just won (there has been some videos going around on another thread), those seats are amazing, which seats are they? They are super thin carbon shell race seat types.

exactly! hence I'm looking at an R8 V10 6-speed .... and then to TT it, as 525hp is just not enough, especially as they are too heavy.

how are these in terms of reliability? when TT'd.

also, the R8 TT that just won (there has been some videos going around on another thread), those seats are amazing, which seats are they? They are super thin carbon shell race seat types.

The R8s are not heavy, that is a pile of BS. My R8 v10 coupe weighed 3625 with out the driver at the drag strip. R8 and LP cars are pretty much the same thing, same engine, same gear box. The R8 feels a lot more updated to me though once you are in the cabin.

People can say that a lambo looks better and blah blah. But trust me, I have owned both and beat the shit out of both. I would take the R8 for my own personal reasons.

The R8s are not heavy, that is a pile of BS. My R8 v10 coupe weighed 3625 with out the driver at the drag strip. R8 and LP cars are pretty much the same thing, same engine, same gear box. The R8 feels a lot more updated to me though once you are in the cabin.

People can say that a lambo looks better and blah blah. But trust me, I have owned both and beat the shit out of both. I would take the R8 for my own personal reasons.

awesome to hear!! now I want one even more.

how is the reliability when TT'd ?

awesome to hear!! now I want one even more.

how is the reliability when TT'd ?

Just depends on who does the work, how much power and etc.

Go to UGR and thank me later lol

Just depends on who does the work, how much power and etc.

Go to UGR and thank me later lol

haha, I would if i was in the USA.

Screen_Shot_2014_05_03_at_11.08.19.png

what seats are those?

• 1 month later...

fell in love with this car when i saw it in the dealership for sale last fall, it has the OEM recaro sport seats which are just perfect for the R8, want this car in my life badly :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What do you guys think , or have been told.

Are the six speeds better to twin turbo for roll racing rather than the E gears?

Also now that the dual clutch pluses are out how are these taking the additional power.

I own a 800hp GTR and have a great opportunity to purchase my friends R8 manual.

I would love to jump into the R8 TT world now.

Also I agree that the R8 has a little bit better driving position than the Gallardos for a slighter bigger guy.

• 2 months later...

That is a sexy setup. The white and black with just a touch of polished accents makes it all come together. Think I'm gonna have to break down and make some calls and see what they can do for me. Maybe they are willing to try and do bigger clutch and axles or something so I can go and rep at the drag strip.