Considering purchasing MP4...but 500 miles away from a Mclaren Service Center

emissary

Yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to compromise somewhere, and if I had to guess, it's going to be on the price. I don't care if I'm missing a few CF-related options, but I'd like *some* carbon, and I want the heated seats (for the wife) and either the multi-spoke wheels or the "better" looking 5-spoke wheels. I'm also unsure on color at this point - I need to visit the dealer in Newport and see some different options in person. I know white is an option (again, for the wife....hey, she has to be on board too...lol), and I like the volcano orange and red. I love black cars, but the lines of the 12c seem to be lost a little bit with black. It's stealthy as hell looking though in pics I've seen though.

A lot to think about for sure.

Good stuff. I would stay away from black even though the price may be more favorable. First car I ever saw (and drove) in person was black and I was not impressed at all. And I have 4 black cars currently, so I love black.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the MSRP on my car was $309k, I think it has just about every option aside from custom interior....

the MSRP on my car was $309k, I think it has just about every option aside from custom interior....

You haven't taken delivery yet, right? When are you getting it?

Since you have some experience with this car, maybe you can chime in here:

The car had a MSRP of $258,975. Options include:

McLaren Orange Special Paint

Painted front Splitter

Light weight wheels in Stealth

Exterior Mirrors in Carbon Fiber

Carbon Interior Package

Contrast Stitching

Stealth Package (Tailpipe Surrounds and Wing Uprights)

Based on this list and the MSRP above, can anyone give me an idea of a ballpark around what the previous owner might paid for the car? Surely they're not full MSRP, are they?

Based on this list and the MSRP above, can anyone give me an idea of a ballpark around what the previous owner might paid for the car? Surely they're not full MSRP, are they?

If they bought it brand new from a Mclaren dealer, they most likely paid at least 235k.

If they bought it brand new from a Mclaren dealer, they most likely paid at least 235k.

For 235k that is a hell of a lot of car.

I tried to buy in Aug. or Sept the dealer would not give me even a 1000 off I walked, I just bought this week and I am sure there are factory rebates to the dealers to move out the 2012 coupes because with what I got off MSRP I could buy a decent luxury car. It was a high optioned car but thanks to some of the posts I read last week i new what to expect the range that was talked about was correct.

set to arrive tomorrow....

You haven't taken delivery yet, right? When are you getting it?