Urus' cousin?

VCR

There is only so much that you can do to change the basic shape of an SUV while retaining its functionality. The Urus has many subtle details that are better captured in person or in a close up video exam. Many of the lines get lost in photos.

The Urus will be a huge leap for the brand. It will offer exotic car owners an extreme SAV with supercar performance and styling that is safe and can be used to take the wife and kids around. Which is exactly what I want and need right now! :eusa_drool:

I hope the Urus gets the green light! :eusa_pray:

There is only so much that you can do to change the basic shape of an SUV while retaining its functionality. The Urus has many subtle details that are better captured in person or in a close up video exam. Many of the lines get lost in photos.

The Urus will be a huge leap for the brand. It will offer exotic car owners an extreme SAV with supercar performance and styling that is safe and can be used to take the wife and kids around. Which is exactly what I want and need right now! :eusa_drool:

I hope the Urus gets the green light! :eusa_pray:

Need? C'mon, that's all relative. I NEED twin turbos, I NEED 5 cars. (I'm with you, fcuk yea I NEED it) :icon_thumleft:

It will offer exotic car owners an extreme SAV with supercar performance and styling that is safe and can be used to take the wife and kids around. Which is exactly what I want and need right now! :eusa_drool:

Need? C'mon, that's all relative. I NEED twin turbos, I NEED 5 cars. (I'm with you, fcuk yea I NEED it) :icon_thumleft:

Please see order of comments and color coding :icon_super:

Please see order of comments and color coding :icon_super:

Ahh, I see it now, Blue is life. Red is in case the wife reads LP

:)

HAHA. Red is what is really important. Needs always come before wants. When what you want fulfills your needs, BIG WIN! :icon_thumleft:

But, I am with you, John. NONE of cars we discuss on these forums can ever classify as needs. :eusa_dance:

:)

But, I am with you, John. NONE of cars we discuss on these forums can ever classify as needs. :eusa_dance:

Ok, then let's just say a fair percentage of Lambo owners would need a Urus either a.s.a.p. or eventually. :icon_mrgreen:

For the record, I am not criticizing the Urus but it seems that VAG has already put the chassis into good use. Purist may argue that the Urus would water-down the Lamborghini brand but from a marketing perspective, it makes perfect sense and will be successful for sure; just look at the cayenne.

So I suppose Lambo would be the first manufacturer in the world to make a VI SUV/SAV. Who is going to be the proud owner of the very first one?

Ok, then let's just say a fair percentage of Lambo owners would need a Urus either a.s.a.p. or eventually. :icon_mrgreen:

For the record, I am not criticizing the Urus but it seems that VAG has already put the chassis into good use. Purist may argue that the Urus would water-down the Lamborghini brand but from a marketing perspective, it makes perfect sense and will be successful for sure; just look at the cayenne.

The market for the Urus reaches way beyond Lamborghini owners. I drive a Ferrari as a DD because it has 4 seats and is easy to get around in. The Urus would be the first modern Lamborghini with 4 seats. So, any Ferrari, Aston, Porsche, etc. owners that want a very special SAV far beyond anything else out there with performance, looks, interior coach work, etc. now have an option. It can bring many people to the brand who previously assumed Lamborghini's are too wild to live with (many think that because of the extreme styling). It will open the brand up to new clientele. Possible future Gallardo replacement owners.

As far as purity goes, so far Lamborghini has captured the spirit and design elements of the past in everything they've done, while incorporating new ideas for the future. The modern Lamborghini's are more true to their heritage than modern Ferrari's. If anyone wants to debate that, bring it.

So I suppose Lambo would be the first manufacturer in the world to make a VI SUV/SAV. Who is going to be the proud owner of the very first one?

I'll take a VI Urus!!! :icon_thumleft:

The idea of some soccer mom, or worse - a kardashian/hilton type, driving around in a lambo is seriously deflating to me. Part of the allure is the exclusivity, via impracticality. Lambos aren't meant (IMO) to be comfortable 4 seat family mobiles.

The idea of some soccer mom, or worse - a kardashian/hilton type, driving around in a lambo is seriously deflating to me. Part of the allure is the exclusivity, via impracticality. Lambos aren't meant (IMO) to be comfortable 4 seat family mobiles.

It doesn't change the exclusivity, quality, or styles of their mid engine models. The profits from the Urus will help fund the development of the future models that you love. If anything, it will make the cars you're interested in even better! :shock: :icon_mrgreen:

I am torn, on one hand I know it's a necessary evil and I could definitely use one but on the other I know it will take away from the brand's image, Lambo should stick with their existing formula of building mid engine outrageous looking sports cars.

I have other cars as DD's and I am very happy with the arrangement because it feels a lot more special when you jump in the Lambo.

I am torn, on one hand I know it's a necessary evil and I could definitely use one but on the other I know it will take away from the brand's image, Lambo should stick with their existing formula of building mid engine outrageous looking sports cars.

I have other cars as DD's and I am very happy with the arrangement because it feels a lot more special when you jump in the Lambo.

How much of a departure would you be willing to accept before you felt it significantly damaged the brand?

Sticking to two-seater supercars saw them drop into the red when the recession hit, and I've always felt the Gallardo cannibalised V12 sales. It'll be interesting to see how the Aventador holds up when the new car appears.

I strongly believe the Gallardo is the car which saved Lamborghini.

The replacement will not cannibalise the Aventador sales because it will appeal to different kind of buyers, myself for example, I love the Aventador but it is too big for me and it doesn't suit the type of driving I enjoy and the type of roads I enjoy driving my sports cars on so I am a V10 buyer, some V12 buyers would not touch a V10, some would sample both, both models have their own niche and their own following.

In relation to what would be acceptable from my POV, it's quite hard to say, IMO Lambos are loud, in your face, spaceship looking machines, characteristics which I don't want in my DD, as an example, I love the characther of the 570, the 550 or 560 are too soft for my liking, IMO the more you soften a Lambo the more you are diluting it and the less I like it.

We literally have hundreds of choices when it comes to DD's there is no need for Lambo to provide one, I want Lambo to stay as radical as possible, if they soften their sports car range I will stop being interested.

It doesn't change the exclusivity, quality, or styles of their mid engine models. The profits from the Urus will help fund the development of the future models that you love. If anything, it will make the cars you're interested in even better! :shock: :icon_mrgreen:

I agree with your last two thoughts. The part that is damaged is the Lamborghini enigma. Like fortis said, there are a million "soft" DD choices out there...

Someone do a photoshop of paris hilton and her chihuahua in the drivers seat of a Urus, and then perhaps you will get where I'm coming from! ;)

What is the projected price range for this? Just a tad more than a loaded cayenne turbo or autobiography or will you be able to buy both for the price of this. Don't see how Lamborghini can do a better interior/ stereo nav/infotainment than the others and that shit is important in a ultra lux SUV. There will be no one that spouts the I can live with a wortheless system because I listen to the engine bs.

I agree with your last two thoughts. The part that is damaged is the Lamborghini enigma. Like fortis said, there are a million "soft" DD choices out there...

Someone do a photoshop of paris hilton and her chihuahua in the drivers seat of a Urus, and then perhaps you will get where I'm coming from! ;)

We've already had Kim K, Lindsay Lohan and Justin Bieber in Aventadors. That is just about the worst of the list in my book. It doesn't hurt the brand because the brand is well established. There are NO DD's out there that give me what I like. None. If there was, I would have it.

What is the projected price range for this? Just a tad more than a loaded cayenne turbo or autobiography or will you be able to buy both for the price of this. Don't see how Lamborghini can do a better interior/ stereo nav/infotainment than the others and that shit is important in a ultra lux SUV. There will be no one that spouts the I can live with a wortheless system because I listen to the engine bs.

I have a Cayenne Turbo S and RR Autobiography. I think the Urus will come in a bit higher than those cars and offer a more exotic experience. With Audi's help, the Nav/Infotainment unit will be much better than the Range Rover's (which is the worst). The Urus will be a new type of SAV. It will cost more then the others but it will give a true exotic experience with the style and delivery of power of a Lamborghini. :eusa_dance:

2013-Porsche-Cayenne-GTS-driving.jpg

That is no where close to VI whether in pic or in real --- there's one around my town. Not entirely sure of the name but I think it's called acid green or something similar. If you count this one as VI, then the Ford Escape had done it years ago.