Coupe or Roadster?

ToofDoc

New 2014 Coupe or Roadster?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you rather have if you can get a 2014?

• Coupe
    • Roadster

My thoughts....since both coupe and roadster have the exact option upgrades available, the build won't be the determinant.

Coupe +s: privacy, faster, lighter, cheaper, front cargo space available, less cleaning interiorly

Roadster +s: more aggressive look, more rare in production, feel the wind in your hair, it can be a coupe or a roadster, less depreciation

Need your insights

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roadster : its a coupe with top on and open air with the top off ! :icon_thumleft:

Mac....but you didn't order a Roadster? Why not?

I'm thinking the same....it's not too late for me to convert my order since it's not finalized yet...

Mac....but you didn't order a Roadster? Why not?

I'm thinking the same....it's not too late for me to convert my order since it's not finalized yet...

Yeah VI roadster... wont b long

Yeah VI roadster... wont b long

Nice...my bad...why did I think that you ordered a coupe? Anyways...I'm thinking the same...

There are 5 Roadster orders at my Lambo dealer, I'd be the 6th. My contact will check tomorrow to see if I get on the list (6th), when the approximate delivery date will be?

There are 5 Roadster orders at my Lambo dealer, I'd be the 6th. My contact will check tomorrow to see if I get on the list (6th), when the approximate delivery date will be?

Do it.. and good luck

I guess I'll be the odd one out. On a car this extroverted, I prefer the coupe. I can't justify the $40k difference when I'll rarely take the top off. The only Aventador I've driven has been the Roadster as the dealer had just received their demo and did not have a coupe on-hand. If your preference runs to convertiblesyou won't be disappointed if you go with a Roadster. The big negative is the wait time will be around a year longer than the Coupe.

The big negative is the wait time will be around a year longer than the Coupe.

I'll see tomorrow for sure on how long my wait will be.

How long did some of you Roadster order take? When are they supposed to be delivering the cars? I know all Roadsters are MY 2014s, so is it the end of this year some of you will take delivery?

As long as I get mine around the next driving season (April or May 2014), I'm cool!

At this point there's no reason to order a coupe. The only coupe from now on Worth buying new would be an SV version.

At this point there's no reason to order a coupe. The only coupe from now on Worth buying new would be an SV version.

I disagree. They are both great. I like the looks of the 700 coupe slightly more than the 700 roadster.

If you like open top driving, the roadster, if not, the coupe. You can't lose either way. I am buying the roadster and keeping the coupe. :icon_super:

:iamwithstupid:

I had an 99 NSX-T. With the roof on it was definitely more rigid, off was fun when cruising, best of both worlds with minimal compromise. The Aventador is too big to be a canyon carver so I think the roadster is a great compromise. If they had done a Murci roadster style roof, coupe all the way. Either way there are no losers.

I'll see tomorrow for sure on how long my wait will be.

How long did some of you Roadster order take? When are they supposed to be delivering the cars? I know all Roadsters are MY 2014s, so is it the end of this year some of you will take delivery?

As long as I get mine around the next driving season (April or May 2014), I'm cool!

My roadster finishes production july26th and is a 2014 ..

There are reasons to just buy the coupe.

If you don't like convertibles and would never put the top down then add it is

88 lbs heavier that makes it slower

2 MPH less top speed

less interior and luggage space

30 to 40 grand more

coupe roof more streamlined

looks are subjective

There are reasons to just buy the coupe.

If you don't like convertibles and would never put the top down then add it is

88 lbs heavier that makes it slower

2 MPH less top speed

less interior and luggage space

30 to 40 grand more

coupe roof more streamlined

looks are subjective

Those reasons are for the most part bunk Lane.

Slower but really unlike the Gallardo tt's who's racing aventadors?

2mph top speed? Who cares?

Interior and luggage space? If u need it leave the roof on.

Price. On a 450k car if you can't afford 50k more you shouldn't be in the market.

Coupe roof looks close identical

Looks pretty much the same.

Those reasons are for the most part bunk Lane.

Slower but really unlike the Gallardo tt's who's racing aventadors?

2mph top speed? Who cares?

Interior and luggage space? If u need it leave the roof on.

Price. On a 450k car if you can't afford 50k more you shouldn't be in the market.

Coupe roof looks close identical

Looks pretty much the same.

All those reasons come into play only if you have the first reason that is you don't like or need a convertible and will never put the top down, then the other reasons just add on, why would someone not buy the coupe if they don't have a need for top down use. I am referring to the Mclaren not the Aventador 250-300K

All those reasons come into play only if you have the first reason that is you don't like or need a convertible and will never put the top down, then the other reasons just add on, why would someone not buy the coupe if they don't have a need for top down use. I am referring to the Mclaren not the Aventador 250-300K

Main thing I'd say, same for vent and mp4. Resale.

Main thing I'd say, same for vent and mp4. Resale.

Roadsters will def hold their value more and longer!

I think the roof streamline is better on the Roadster because the center line between the two panels really defines the contour of the roof more.

It's actually $44K more in base price and $800 more in GGT than the coupe.

If pricing is to be factored in, I think it is important to note that there are many Aventador coupes available right now for far less than a new order coupe, much less a Roadster. Of course they haven't been built to your exact specification but you could have one this driving season. If you're willing to spend the extra money and/or wait the extra time, definitely order a roadster. Why wait a really long time for a coupe when you can buy one for less now, wrap it any color you like, and spend the savings on some mods. Just my two cents.

If pricing is to be factored in, I think it is important to note that there are many Aventador coupes available right now for far less than a new order coupe, much less a Roadster. Of course they haven't been built to your exact specification but you could have one this driving season. If you're willing to spend the extra money and/or wait the extra time, definitely order a roadster. Why wait a really long time for a coupe when you can buy one for less now, wrap it any color you like, and spend the savings on some mods. Just my two cents.

Not really. Most '12 coupes are still priced same as new. I'd rather wait a few months and get a car 2 model years newer if the price is the same. Also, coupe orders are not as far out as a Roadster. If you order now, the average wait for a Roadster is 18 months. A coupe is around 6 months.

Not really. Most '12 coupes are still priced same as new. I'd rather wait a few months and get a car 2 model years newer if the price is the same. Also, coupe orders are not as far out as a Roadster. If you order now, the average wait for a Roadster is 18 months. A coupe is around 6 months.

eBay shows at least two coupes in the $419k range -- that's at least $30k less than new. You could do some mods with that $30k