Awaiting my Stage III

Liquid Assets

Hey guys, car was shipped to Kevin beginning of April. It is an 08 Spyder.

I plan on getting some C16 for the home garage and running it mostly on that. I was just wondering if there was any input from some of you TT owner's that I should know? I am in Vegas and am a little scared about over heating issues as its been 110-115 the last few days. Won't be running it too hard during the day.

Thanks in advance!

1042143[/url]']

Hey guys, car was shipped to Kevin beginning of April. It is an 08 Spyder.

I plan on getting some C16 for the home garage and running it mostly on that. I was just wondering if there was any input from some of you TT owner's that I should know? I am in Vegas and am a little scared about over heating issues as its been 110-115 the last few days. Won't be running it too hard during the day.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to LamboPower!

We have a few TT Gallardos in Vegas and even in hotter places like India and the Middle East, no reported heating problems, ever. ;)

Call me when u get up and going tomorrow.

Thanks, Kevin

Haha you know it!

What is this I hear that the gas barrel cannot touch the floor or the gas will lose its high octane? True?

Something about temperature fluctuation from the floor causing condensation in the can, and concrete leeching something something. Just throw down a piece of wood or carpet or an old door on the concrete and put cans on top.

Ive been storing 5g cans and its a PITA to pour each one into a plastic jegs can and then into car. Will probably start storing a 30g or 50g with a pump. Or maybe just get a big ass funnel.

Something about temperature fluctuation from the floor causing condensation in the can, and concrete leeching something something. Just throw down a piece of wood or carpet or an old door on the concrete and put cans on top.

Ive been storing 5g cans and its a PITA to pour each one into a plastic jegs can and then into car. Will probably start storing a 30g or 50g with a pump. Or maybe just get a big ass funnel.

Lol! Awesome explanation buddy. I was thinking of getting the 50g with a pump so maybe throw down some wood on top of a carpet. Thanks for the confirmation!

FWIW---Ground wires are always a really good idea---I think that the temperature difference actual causes condensation in the drum which falls out as water into the fuel--A drum container made to hold all 55 gallons in case of a spill may solve a lot of the problems--i would not want have someone accidentally knock over or punch a hole in 50 gallon of high octane fuel w/o some plan for dealing with it--

I run a vented engine compartment lid down here in South and can tell you that it helps engine bay temps by a LOTTTTTTT!

I'd bet it cools down 50-100 degrees less than a normal lid does.

I have lots of heat scan data driving in different temps. In 60 degree or cooler weather, its not as big of a difference between ambient air and the heat in the engine bay. In the hotter weather, the exhaust/turbos and air just keeps cooking hotter and it made a bigger difference when it was vented.

Example: left your engine lid after driving it for a while, if you feel a lot of heat come out, then a vented lid would help a lot.

I run a vented engine compartment lid down here in South and can tell you that it helps engine bay temps by a LOTTTTTTT!

I have lots of heat scan data driving in different temps. In 60 degree or cooler weather, its not as big of a difference between ambient air and the heat in the engine bay. In the hotter weather, the exhaust/turbos and air just keeps cooking hotter and it made a bigger difference when it was vented.

Example: left your engine lid after driving it for a while, if you feel a lot of heat come out, then a vented lid would help a lot.

Excellent point. I actually may just go ahead and do that.

Well, it was looking like a bolt on when it first got here, now its a stage 3. Who knows, might be a Race version by the time it leaves! LOL!

It seems like you have that affect on people! Haha.

Well, it was looking like a bolt on when it first got here, now its a stage 3. Who knows, might be a Race version by the time it leaves! LOL!

How many R Spyder's have you built?

You have me curious.

HAHAHAHA!!!

Where is wooosh? lol

EDIT: Liquid Assets, the reason I am laughing is because I went through the same thing, so didn't a few other members. Kevin is such a sweet talker, isn't he? He is the kind of guy I needed by my side back in high school when I needed a prom date and couldn't get one. :icon_mrgreen:

Trust me, you will be thanking Kevin shortly for the stage 3 build. It's the best put together tuner kit I have experienced and the power.....oh the power!!! :)

HAHAHAHA!!!

Where is wooosh? lol

EDIT: Liquid Assets, the reason I am laughing is because I went through the same thing, so didn't a few other members. Kevin is such a sweet talker, isn't he? He is the kind of guy I needed by my side back in high school when I needed a prom date and couldn't get one. :icon_mrgreen:

Trust me, you will be thanking Kevin shortly for the stage 3 build. It's the best put together tuner kit I have experienced and the power.....oh the power!!! :)

Hahaha is that so?

I would imagine so tho. He knows what he is doing lol.

He has been A+ with me thus far!

Oh, it is so. Make sure to check out my vids I have posted. (one of them is buried in the my build thread - post #586) and the other is obviously within the thread I recently created about going 190. :)

Hahaha is that so?

have you got the "I've got a truck going to XXXXXXX and can upgrade your......." yet?

lol

Hahaha is that so?

have you got the "I've got a truck going to XXXXXXX and can upgrade your......." yet?

lol

That is awesome. I did a lot of heat testing when I had the R8. I use to track it a lot when it was in the high 90s here in Atlanta. My oil temps would get close to 300 on short tracks that didnt have good long straights. Mind sending me some pics of your vent hood? You would be surprised. Once you start moving the intake temps are only about 3 to 6 degrees higher than ambient no matter how hot the back of the car gets. Now with the intake filters exposed in the back it may be a different story. I am not really sure.

Congrats on the stage 3 spyder! I think I am getting older and the perfect car in a few years for me is a Stage 3 Spyder. Bet they wound wicked when driving them.

That is awesome. I did a lot of heat testing when I had the R8. I use to track it a lot when it was in the high 90s here in Atlanta. My oil temps would get close to 300 on short tracks that didnt have good long straights. Mind sending me some pics of your vent hood? You would be surprised. Once you start moving the intake temps are only about 3 to 6 degrees higher than ambient no matter how hot the back of the car gets. Now with the intake filters exposed in the back it may be a different story. I am not really sure.

Congrats on the stage 3 spyder! I think I am getting older and the perfect car in a few years for me is a Stage 3 Spyder. Bet they wound wicked when driving them.

My Engine cover

DSC07805.JPG

Reiter GT3 Engine Cover

superleggera%20rv_engine%20cover_1.jpg

There is a huge difference in heat temperatures and in my opinion even less drag as well.

www.reiter-engineering.com who designed the Gallardo Strada GT3 and Gallardo LP570 Super Trofeo stuff actually was the first to start using a vented hood on there GT3 Gallardo's to lower the engine bay temps. They used a little different design that I don't think looked as OEM as mine does. Mine just gets rid of the OEM Superleggera plexiglass and uses a grill instead. Heat rises and escapes easily, air from the roof goes over the grill mesh part and really only helps the air escape.

If you ever see any Twin Turbo Superleggera's going 150mph you can see the air trying to escape under the plexiglass and causes it to flap in the wind, now imagine if it was vented how much smoother the air would be...

2_13_13_UGR.jpg

DSC07388.JPG

Nick, can you PM / text me more info on this vented lid? Price? Retailer? Installation process?

Also, would this cause an issue in the rain?

Or just talk about it here if you want. Thanks!

I wonder how beneficial it would be to take out the honeycomb plastic piece located between the tail lights?? I saw a picture on FB with it off and while it looked a bit strange, I wonder if it would have any benefits...I am assuming not so much since that area is already vented...