Rear Wing Install - LP Performance Version 1

Boardwalk

Picked one up on eBay, it's now painted the Rosso Andromeda body color of my 2003 Murci and I will now install.

To do this install do I need to remove the rear deck/spoiler AND the taillights? This wing will mount to the rear quarters. What is the best way to remove the deck and/or the taillights if necessary. The mounting kit(no instructions) does not have a backing plate which I think should be mandatory. I will fabricate something for that purpose but ask help in answers to the above to make the job easier with no mistakes.

Only thing I don't like is drilling into the carbon fiber. Hell after more than a few summonses I'm still not drilling for a front license plate bracket but I will drill for this wing.

Thanks for any help you can provide in the above regard. -Rob

Picked one up on eBay, it's now painted the Rosso Andromeda body color of my 2003 Murci and I will now install.

To do this install do I need to remove the rear deck/spoiler AND the taillights? This wing will mount to the rear quarters. What is the best way to remove the deck and/or the taillights if necessary. The mounting kit(no instructions) does not have a backing plate which I think should be mandatory. I will fabricate something for that purpose but ask help in answers to the above to make the job easier with no mistakes.

Only thing I don't like is drilling into the carbon fiber. Hell after more than a few summonses I'm still not drilling for a front license plate bracket but I will drill for this wing.

Thanks for any help you can provide in the above regard. -Rob

Yes remove rear deck and tail lights will give you room to install a backing plate or large fender washers will work but a plate is better.

Yes remove rear deck and tail lights will give you room to install a backing plate or large fender washers will work but a plate is better.

Thanks very much for the info Jeff. Will do the deed tmw.

So removing just the rear deck won't get me the access I need? And conversely, to remove the taillights I need to remove the deck? Deck removal is 2 fasteners as last I remember doing it 5 yrs ago?

Want to get this done for a visit to Michael Fux's residence this Saturday 6/22/2013. This is a much anticipated day to one of the most prolific high end automobile collectors in this country and I want a different look this visit. Any Google query will give you a good idea as to the man's passion for the art and science of the automobile.

Will post pix next week.

Thanks very much for the info Jeff. Will do the deed tmw.

So removing just the rear deck won't get me the access I need? And conversely, to remove the taillights I need to remove the deck? Deck removal is 2 fasteners as last I remember doing it 5 yrs ago?

Want to get this done for a visit to Michael Fux's residence this Saturday 6/22/2013. This is a much anticipated day to one of the most prolific high end automobile collectors in this country and I want a different look this visit. Any Google query will give you a good idea as to the man's passion for the art and science of the automobile.

Will post pix next week.

Yes, you definitely need to remove the tail lights and the grill that runs between them.

Don't forget to unplug both connectors for the electric spoiler motors before you remove the rear deck.

to get the trunk off:

Remove the screen behind the engine

Two bolts on the leading edge of the trunk need to be removed

Slide the entire trunk towards the back of the car

Un-clip the license plate electrical clip & rear spoiler clips

Done

It takes about 3-5 minutes

Tail light mounts can be seen from this point on.

Thanks again Jeff and Nick (Whiteout) for the great info. Donzikid, that is the wing though mine has been painted the body color, Rosso Andromeda.

I'm not getting to the install until next week as I've been besieged with contractors, architects and interior designers on a gut renovation that I have been having to attend to.

I will post the results immediately upon installation some time next week.

Thanks again Jeff and Nick (Whiteout) for the great info. Donzikid, that is the wing though mine has been painted the body color, Rosso Andromeda.

I'm not getting to the install until next week as I've been besieged with contractors, architects and interior designers on a gut renovation that I have been having to attend to.

I will post the results immediately upon installation some time next week.

Please be sure to post pics of yous when finished. I have been debating on painting it Rosso Andromeda, but kinda like the carbon fiber look too.

Please be sure to post pics of yous when finished. I have been debating on painting it Rosso Andromeda, but kinda like the carbon fiber look too.

I like the carbon look.

donzakid, I havent seen them installed that far back before, they are usually installed closer to 'engine side' of that panel.

Was this just what you prefered, or did they give you a template telling you to put it that far back?

donzakid, I havent seen them installed that far back before, they are usually installed closer to 'engine side' of that panel.

Was this just what you prefered, or did they give you a template telling you to put it that far back?

Thats where the template located it.

Thats where the template located it.

I did not get a template with my wing, only directions which are too generic without any positioning or dimensions data and a person with LP Performance in Japan has told me that there is no template which is strange. I was going to locate the wing further up as was noted by Jon.

Is this the LP Version 1 wing with 3 mounting points on each side?

My small notebook didn't reveal the carbon fiber you have. Mine is fbg hence the easier decision to paint it the body color. I like the carbon look too though after seeing mine painted the body color, Rosso Andromeda and positioned on the car, I like that just as much.

I did not get a template with my wing, only directions which are too generic without any positioning or dimensions data and a person with LP Performance in Japan has told me that there is no template which is strange. I was going to locate the wing further up as was noted by Jon.

Is this the LP Version 1 wing with 3 mounting points on each side?

My small notebook didn't reveal the carbon fiber you have. Mine is fbg hence the easier decision to paint it the body color. I like the carbon look too though after seeing mine painted the body color, Rosso Andromeda and positioned on the car, I like that just as much.

No, mine has 4 mounting points. Mine also came in a Lamborghini box. I will try to find the paperwork and scan it.