Diffuser / Spoiler Underside Protection

gtdave

Hey,

Do any of you have experience with products or materials that protect the underside of the nose and tail of your car? Like a sort of über-thick clear bra, black urethane padding, or (what I saw from Fabspeed for F458s) a type of metal 'pucks' that keep thes parts from ever touching concrete.

• 3 weeks later...
I use two layers of extra think clear bra. Works well but I rarely scrape anyways

You can get skid plate. Works well if you scrape a lot

Unfortunately, the two best gas stations near me have awful dips before each entrance (even with the nose lifted, it's verrrry close), so I'm interested in getting a skid plate.

The TiTek / SP Engineering offering (http://www.eurokoncepts.com/Lamborghini-Gallardo-Skid-Plates-04-11_p_142.html) doesn't look well suited to the LP models.

BullStuff offers this: http://www.bullstuff.com/front-bumper-prot...70#.UhONcxZ5n0c. Has anyone used their kit? I spoke with someone there, and the plates can be mounted further from the edge than pictured so as to be less visible.

Thoughts?

BullStuff offers this: http://www.bullstuff.com/front-bumper-prot...70#.UhONcxZ5n0c. Has anyone used their kit? I spoke with someone there, and the plates can be mounted further from the edge than pictured so as to be less visible.

After the overwhelmingly helpful [lack of] responses :eusa_whistle:, I went ahead and ordered the above plates from BullStuff. I'll post up some pics once they're installed!

• 3 weeks later...
After the overwhelmingly helpful [lack of] responses :eusa_whistle:, I went ahead and ordered the above plates from BullStuff. I'll post up some pics once they're installed!

Hi Keiphers,

look forward to seeing pics.

cheers,

john

• 1 month later...
Hi Keiphers,

look forward to seeing pics.

cheers,

john

Any news/pics on how this came out?

My bad guys, I completely forgot to post pics! These pictures aren't the best (I just ran out to the garage with my iPhone), but the skid plates are perfect. They provide solid protection but are basically invisible - I honestly forgot I had them on the car. It's a much more simple solution than having something custom done, and they won't make as bad of a grinding sound as the metal ones.

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2871.JPG

IMG_2872.JPG

How do they attach?

You can use industrial-strength 3M or the included screws - I opted for the screws to make sure they stay on tight. The downside is drilling into the bumper, but the protection is worth it IMO.

You can use industrial-strength 3M or the included screws - I opted for the screws to make sure they stay on tight. The downside is drilling into the bumper, but the protection is worth it IMO.

Hi keiphers,

thanks for the post with pictures.

cheers,

john