Long Term Solution to this f'd up country

dinko

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bible thumpers can be highly-intelligent. The notion that highly-religious people are stupid is a misconception. If that was the case, we'd have no worry about Islamic extremists conducting terrorism because they'd all be too stupid to know how to construct any bombs or plot anything. Also, it wasn't stupid people that constructed the mighty Gothic churches. You seem to be of the opinion that only the Bible thumpers are the ideological ones who do not pay any attention to facts. But one will find just as much ideology on the other side of the aisle.

Also I see a few problems with this proposal:

1) Renouncing the existence of a god is not a sign of intelligence, as nobody has any way of knowing whether there is some ultimate creator or not. Belief in a creator does not mean belief in the Christian god.

2) How is "religion" defined? There are some religions that are not officially religions. For example, communism and extremist environmentalism. One will find that in the minds of people who oppose/mock/sneer at conventional religions, and who view religion as something that they are intellectually not prone to falling for, in fact can be extremely religious in different ways, because when religion is suppressed in one form, it can pop up in another form.

During the 20th century, the primary religion for many atheists was communism. It promised a paradise on Earth, worshipped a god (the State), had no problem slaughtering those who did not agree, and was not grounded or based in any real reason or logic. Today a major atheist religion is extremist environmentalism. The types of people who make sure to drive fuel-efficient cars, do everything in an "eco-friendly" manner, view someone driving something like an SUV as a sin of sins, have a worshipful view of trees, etc...

Much of the rhetoric about global warming/global climate change is religious in nature. Are politicians trying to force carbon control regulations onto the public, in a way, engaging in violation of separation of church and state, by forcing what is to some of them really a form of religious belief? Some I am sure do belief the science is correct, but for those whom it's a religion, they are violating separation of church and state.

Thus saying one must renounce "god and religion" to run for public office is a very tricky proposition. Most communists thought they had renounced what they saw as such silly concepts as god and religion.

:iamwithstupid: tumblr_mcz617rSy01r38j04o1_500.gif

fcuk it. Wheels is cogent and owning the thread.

The end is nigh.

fcuk it. Wheels is cogent and owning the thread.

The end is nigh.

FVCK-Dont show Abolfaz this thread....The one paragraph limit is being ABUSED here, but at least its in good form. :shock: :icon_pidu:

Since Wheels is doing such a good job I've got a prize for him, I bought a house recently and in one of the garages at the back of the house I've found few unmolested boxes of the following and I imediately thought of Wheels :icon_mrgreen:

image.jpg