2015 tahoe and yukon

white viper

I had been looking forward to the Escalade redesign especially, but all I can say is, ARE THEY EFFING KIDDING ME!? The front looks okay, but the back, AHHHH!! It looks like an over-sized Volvo station wagon and/or a hearse:

1999-2000_Volvo_V70_station_wagon_01.jpg

2015-Cadillac-Escalade-042.jpg

Cadillac, are you smoking crack!? Between this rearend of the new Escalade and the S-Class's new two-spoke big-mouthed steering wheel, I think I am going to need therapy :( I also do not like the seating of this Escalade.

Also it has just a six-speed transmission, one would expect at this level and time, it would have something like an eight-speed like the Range Rover. It has a solid rear axle, which I also do not understand unless that is needed for towing/hauling capacity? (maybe they can't make an independent rear suspension with the strength needed by the Escalade?).

I can smell the plastic veneer from here. Did anyone else hear the cowl creak?

Cadillac said that they are going to use much more premium materials in this new design.

Cadillac said that they are going to use much more premium materials in this new design.

of course they did, so did Dodge with the Viper.

of course they did, so did Dodge with the Viper.

Maybe the pictures just look misleading. We will have to wait for the reviews.

Okay well the new Escalade is starting to grow on me. Those brake lights are an acquired taste though. The seating I like better now that I have seen some pictures showing the leather up-close. I thought at first it was just a purely smooth-looking leather but now I see it has granularity in it (which IMO makes it look nicer). Don't get me wrong, if someone handed me either a new S-Class or Escalade, I'd definitely drive them, but I am picky about my vehicles.

I am wondering what people's thoughts are on the column shifter? Some say that this should have been done away with, others say, "It's a truck!" I don't myself necessarily consider column shifters as a bad thing on SUVs.

• 1 month later...

Wheels, some valid comments but the 6 speed transmission comment is an overrated/unnecessary concern.

Corvettes only recently went away from 4 speed auto. Torque handling is primary issue.

Wheels, some valid comments but the 6 speed transmission comment is an overrated/unnecessary concern.

Corvettes only recently went away from 4 speed auto. Torque handling is primary issue.

Coolbeans

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fully specced LTZ tahoes are nearly 70 grand, no thanks. Escalades are going to cost nearly 100k. Range Rover/ Cayenne time, I've had a few Tahoes but will people really shell out this much for them?

Fully specced LTZ tahoes are nearly 70 grand, no thanks. Escalades are going to cost nearly 100k. Range Rover/ Cayenne time, I've had a few Tahoes but will people really shell out this much for them?

Yes

They are a lot bigger than a Range Rover or Cayenne though. But the upside in a year you will be able to buy a Escalade for 50-60.

After owning 3 Tahoes and 2 Escalades I am done with American SUV all of them developed leaks after 16 months of ownership and there security was a joke.

They are a lot bigger than a Range Rover or Cayenne though. But the upside in a year you will be able to buy a Escalade for 50-60.

Not true

Not true

Not true that they are going to depreciate like a rock? Like the current ones do?