Kebab lets talk about it

Modo

Time to talk about the choice of bread for your Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually don't mean kebab), my choice is the Sangak bread which is a very traditional Persian bread made on stone.

This Iranian chap is pretty much a Sangak master, he has been doing this for almost 40 years!

That looks almost exactly like Tandoor cooked Indian naan. The best bread I have found (other than using naan) is handkerchief bread (called Markook, Roumali, or Mandili) that is very thin and works very well to grab individual bites. They sell it at the store where I buy all my kebab supplies. Unfortunately there are about thirty Indian restaurants near me and not a single good Persian/Turkish/Lebanese place. That bread definitely made me hungry...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks almost exactly like Tandoor cooked Indian naan. The best bread I have found (other than using naan) is handkerchief bread (called Markook, Roumali, or Mandili) that is very thin and works very well to grab individual bites. They sell it at the store where I buy all my kebab supplies. Unfortunately there are about thirty Indian restaurants near me and not a single good Persian/Turkish/Lebanese place. That bread definitely made me hungry...

:iamwithstupid: I showed the wife the picture and said I am hungry and she said it looked like naan. God I need some Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab).

Cappy, you have three opportunities to see this starting tomorrow. I'm thinking Jirre would probably fly down for this. Looks like something he would enjoy.

christmaskebab1small.jpg

LOL at unibrows

Back in the home country, our beautiful Iran! Lots of Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) photos to come, just landed...

pho5to.JPG

Time to talk about the choice of bread for your Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually don't mean kebab), my choice is the Sangak bread which is a very traditional Persian bread made on stone.

This Iranian chap is pretty much a Sangak master, he has been doing this for almost 40 years!

Here are some pics, Lambo Power Exclusive...

IMG_1695.jpeg

Sangak is the #1 choice with lavash a distant second. In the last 5 years about 10 Sangak bakeries have popped up around LA, and some of the better Kabobbies have the oven on site.

My favorite Sunday breakfast is sangak, feta, basil, tomato and chai.

Back in the home country, our beautiful Iran! Lots of Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) photos to come, just landed...

pho5to.JPG

cant wait, enjoy.

Cappy, you have three opportunities to see this starting tomorrow. I'm thinking Jirre would probably fly down for this. Looks like something he would enjoy.

christmaskebab1small.jpg

Just want to point out that KEBAB is gay slang for dick, and its clearly illustrated here.

No one is interessted in seeing pics of food that doesn't exist/is wrong/are madeup. :icon_butt:

Get some good KEBAB footage and post it please, but that's it.

:icon_fU: :icon_fU: :icon_fU:

Bro :D

cant wait, enjoy.

Well no Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) for dinner tonight but we just had Persian Pizza from "Dash Mahyar's" little place down the street.

You will not find anything like it anywhere in the world...trust me, I've had them all!

image.jpg

Well no Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) for dinner tonight but we just had Persian Pizza from "Dash Mahyar's" little place down the street.

You will not find anything like it anywhere in the world...trust me, I've had them all!

post-23865-1386191203_thumb.jpg

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Well no Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) for dinner tonight but we just had Persian Pizza from "Dash Mahyar's" little place down the street.

image.jpg

Talk about the Persians invading Italy....

This IS SPARTA@!!

Vahid, my wife is at the Yahoo! campus in San Jose and came across this and its FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Mmm was that the ice cream you had at the house?

Vahid, my wife is at the Yahoo! campus in San Jose and came across this and its FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Bro tell her to take them and go, send her a Coleman to fill up, do something man! Don't get me started on quality free stuff, the high is more addicting than the one you get from gambling :D

Bro tell her to take them and go, send her a Coleman to fill up, do something man! Don't get me started on quality free stuff, the high is more addicting than the one you get from gambling :D

LOL, you're Persian to the core brother. And I already asked, but she's tarrof-e and probably felt bad that she took one. Me. I would have put the whole freezer on a dollie and carted it out the building.

First you guys put cheeseburgers in the crust and now you try hot dogs?

20120423-pizza-hut-me-cheeseburger-screenshot2.jpg

I didn't even know you have Pizza Hut in Iran...

On a serious note, that "pizza" does look pretty good. What is in the crust?

LOL, you're Persian to the core brother. And I already asked, but she's tarrof-e and probably felt bad that she took one. Me. I would have put the whole freezer on a dollie and carted it out the building.

It's funny because it's true.

Lol no pizza huts in Iran....

So jealous of you LA guys and your bakeries. We don't have any good ones in Houston :(

MOTHER OF GOD.

Where? How? What? Who? When?

MOTHER OF GOD.

Where? How? What? Who? When?

That abomination is available at Pizza Hut locations in the Middle East. It's also available with chicken nuggets in the crust.