Motorclassica

330kph

What's with the yellow Miura? It doesn't look "right".

I was chatting to the owner about that car - apparently many years ago he tried unsuccessfully to squeeze it between two trees at around 230kph (about 140mph) and pretty much destroyed the chassis. When it was rebuilt he had the bodywork widened slightly from the original and obviously used some different body panels here and there. The yellow was a respray also, though I can't remember what he said was the original colour.

I was chatting to the owner about that car - apparently many years ago he tried unsuccessfully to squeeze it between two trees at around 230kph (about 140mph) and pretty much destroyed the chassis. When it was rebuilt he had the bodywork widened slightly from the original and obviously used some different body panels here and there. The yellow was a respray also, though I can't remember what he said was the original colour.

In one of my pics it look like it says "SVJ" on the back. What did the car start life as and has the owner had any changes to the engine? It seemed very well presented.

More:

post-4147-1383215680_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383215698_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383215717_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383215741_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383215760_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383215781_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383215811_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383215837_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383215853_thumb.jpg

This beast was well out of reach of the public:

post-4147-1383215874_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383215898_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383215921_thumb.jpg

I was relegated to the outside area of the show with the rest of the 'B-List' cars...

How was it decided which cars would be inside and which would be outside?

Thanks to everyone who brought their car or cars along. Who knows when the next gathering of this many Lamborghinis will happen in Australia.

Last batch of photos:

post-4147-1383287764_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383287787_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383287838_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383287859_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383287893_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383287927_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383288090_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383288119_thumb.jpg

post-4147-1383288150_thumb.jpg

How was it decided which cars would be inside and which would be outside?

I believe most of the inside cars were there by request from the Motorclassica committee. The goal was to get a timeline of cars from across the company's history so the inside vehicles were picked with that in mind. Several of the cars were from the local dealer.

The outside display was organised by the Lambo club, open to any members regardless of model.

Awesome, thank you for posting Joe-Trojan.

No worries. I've been lurking a lot lately, time to contribute!

Wow! If i'd known this was happening I would have been extremely tempted to make the trip down to Melbourne. Those Miuras :icon_super:

I almost started crying at one point while standing next to the two Miura S's with the red SV meters away. The Miura really is the most beautiful car ever created.

:iamwithstupid: Great shots Thank you and thank you 330kph as well

Thanks, I'm no photographer and didn't have the patience to wait for everyone to piss off for clean shots of the cars, but I hope they are worth posting.

I believe most of the inside cars were there by request from the Motorclassica committee. The goal was to get a timeline of cars from across the company's history so the inside vehicles were picked with that in mind. Several of the cars were from the local dealer.

The outside display was organised by the Lambo club, open to any members regardless of model.

I would have liked to see at least one more Diablo inside, but then again I am a huge Diablo fan and therefore biased! I guess the hot pink roadster showed a bit of the crazy showy fun side of some of the owners who ordered them new.

More:

This beast was well out of reach of the public:

M10.JPG

Hi Joe,

Thanks for those awesome photos! I am not too sure why they tucked my car so far away.... You really had to go through the cafe seating area to get right in front of the car... Good to hear that you had a great time as the rest of us!

Here is a photo of my car at the event...

image.jpg

And yes, they are 911 head lights on the yellow Miura (the one outside, not inside)........

And yes, they are 911 head lights on the yellow Miura (the one outside, not inside)........

I was wondering wft they were from. The color of the Miura S inside was verde scandal or something similar. My camera skills did not capture the color accurately.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for those awesome photos! I am not too sure why they tucked my car so far away.... You really had to go through the cafe seating area to get right in front of the car... Good to hear that you had a great time as the rest of us!

Here is a photo of my car at the event...

Apparently people were taking photos of the Aventadors and were walking backwards while looking at their phones/cameras, threatening the safety of the black Gallardo behind them which got a small scratch on it as a result, so the barriers were moved. I didn't realize that cafe was open to the public :eusa_wall: thanks for the pic!

That matt 50th Ann Aventador Roadster is the dog's balls.

And the smurf SV Diablo - been wanting to buy that one for years.

I think that's just a normal Aventador Roadster. Are there two smurf SV Diablos in Australia? I saw one years ago for sale in Sydney but without the side "SV" decal.

I think that's just a normal Aventador Roadster. Are there two smurf SV Diablos in Australia? I saw one years ago for sale in Sydney but without the side "SV" decal.

50th front spoiler on the car.

Only 1 smurf sv. Current owner added the decals in 2009.

50th front spoiler on the car.

Only 1 smurf sv. Current owner added the decals in 2009.

That's not a 50th Anny car, the front spoiler is different on the Anny model.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That matt 50th Ann Aventador Roadster is the dog's balls.

And the smurf SV Diablo - been wanting to buy that one for years.

I was looking for YES but didn't see it - were you there?

Fantastic turnout & pics thanks for posting.