Murciélago LP640 Roadster VERSACE ... the numbers

LamboCARS

For a long time most of us were under the impression two units of this highly limited edition Roadster VERSACE were built, a dark blue, nearly black one (Blu Fontura) that was sold at auction and a bright white (Bianco Versace by the way) that has been listed for sale in Germany a few days ago ... but there is some controversy about these cars.

The official '0001' press release car

murcielago_lp640_roadster_versace_2.jpg

In fact the dark blue one was 'stripped' from every single bit of Versace specialty item and converted from Euro-Specs to full US-Specs as a regular LP640 Roadster ... as far as is know this car now resides in China.

The official press release '0001' car was sold as a Euro-Specs LP640 Roadster VERSACE and it is in fact that car that is now offered for sale in Germany ... but it isn't the only white VERSACE Roadster in the world ... in fact there are two others ... one in the United States that has a slightly different interior and one located in the Middle East that is almost an exact match ... it even shows '0002' on the plaque.

The US specs VERSACE Roadster:

murcielago_lp640_roadster_versace_26.jpg

The Dubai '0002' car:

murcielago_lp640_roadster_versace_56.jpg

So bottom line there are three white VERSACE Roadsters now and the blue one isn't considered to be a real one anymore.

More information and photos on all four of these cars in my article on LamboCARS.com

As far as "Editions" go, this one is tops for me in the Murcielago. It's clean, elegant, and I dig the design touches. That being said, I wouldn't pay too much of a premium for it, but I would go over a bit to get one of these.

As far as "Editions" go, this one is tops for me in the Murcielago. It's clean, elegant, and I dig the design touches. That being said, I wouldn't pay too much of a premium for it, but I would go over a bit to get one of these.

It's garish, Versace I'd like the Jersey Shore of design houses.

It's garish, Versace I'd like the Jersey Shore of design houses.

While it may be "garish" to some, I thought it to be very subtle in light of what they could have done. They just need a Kabob (I actually mean kebab) edition, that would be ideal.

While it may be "garish" to some, I thought it to be very subtle in light of what they could have done. They just need a Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) edition, that would be ideal.

LOL, could you imagine what that abortion would look like?? Gold for sure as only that appeals to the middle eastern palate, BBQ grates covering all the scoops, skewer design inspired wheels and flame red interior. Sign me up.

LOL, could you imagine what that abortion would look like?? Gold for sure as only that appeals to the middle eastern palate, BBQ grates covering all the scoops, skewer design inspired wheels and flame red interior. Sign me up.

That would be awful...i'm sure it's for the Dubai market :lol2:

I hope you realize I was being sarcastic with my garish comment, my LP Roadster is almost identical.

I wondered what crawled up your ass about it. I thought it was rather demure for a special edition, there I go taking you seriously. That's a problem I'll have to rectify.

The roadster in Dubia is an '09 and was spec'ed via Lamborghini's Ad Personam program. Technically, it is not one of the three original Versace roadsters.

The car used to be a regular roadster and belonged to Sulaiman Al Fahim, apparently he was able to convince Lamborghini to convert his roadster to a genuine Versace Edition so the car was sent back to Lamborghini themselves for the conversion in Italy.

His car was a bit different though. If you look at this pic, the center console is in white instead of black and even the door side decals and the seats are fully white. Arabs LOVE white!

ax25.jpg

I remember the owner saying that the car cost him just under 1 Million USD during a TV interview. In 2011, Roy mentioned that you can purchase all the Versace bits from Lambo parts except that plaque, so at the time, the owner technically payed over half a million dollars just for that plaque and of course a little more white leather!

xa8td.jpg

It's fair to say that white is popular over here :)

the dark blue roadster was for sale as a versace car but the dealership couldnt move it so they replaced the versace interior trim and made it into a regular lp640 roadster. then that can ended up at an auction, the owner who purchased it added a wing. i remember the car running around la before it had the wing and in the picture above its actually parked behind clafoutis on sunset.

I hope you realize I was being sarcastic with my garish comment, my LP Roadster is almost identical.

Roy has the decommissioned one's seats. You should buy them for your sitting room.

IIRC:

The original Versace roadster was unveiled and auctioned off, via Sharon Stone, to Vic Keuylian for around $500k (proceeds went to Elton John's charity). Vic put the car up for sale at LOC for around $1M, however it didn't move. Most suspected the color being the problem and so with the help of a local upholstery shop, the car was turned into a regular LP-640 roadster. The original Versace items were sent back to Lamborhini in Italy* to be used on another white roadster. However this blue roadsters fate was sealed as this all happened at the same time the LOC fiasco was beginning. The car made it through the drama and ended up at an auction (Manheim Riverside), when a member here (Baky) bought it and drove it around LA before selling it.

*The seats may not have made it back to Italy with the other interior items. I remember seeing the seats in the LOC warehouse right before LOC went up in flames.

Great Post. I saw it in Bologna motor shou (2006) i really love it, it's elegant and teh interior has a nice design, meybe better tha Q-Citura!

IIRC:

The original Versace roadster was unveiled and auctioned off, via Sharon Stone, to Vic Keuylian for around $500k (proceeds went to Elton John's charity). Vic put the car up for sale at LOC for around $1M, however it didn't move. Most suspected the color being the problem and so with the help of a local upholstery shop, the car was turned into a regular LP-640 roadster. The original Versace items were sent back to Lamborhini in Italy* to be used on another white roadster. However this blue roadsters fate was sealed as this all happened at the same time the LOC fiasco was beginning. The car made it through the drama and ended up at an auction (Manheim Riverside), when a member here (Baky) bought it and drove it around LA before selling it.

*The seats may not have made it back to Italy with the other interior items. I remember seeing the seats in the LOC warehouse right before LOC went up in flames.

I"m having trouble finding the threads, but basically after decomissioning it ended up at auction in So Cal and Alex Kam picked it up for the unheard of price of $159k plus fees. Baky bought it from him and eventually resold it.

Roy did have it for sale at one time, I think he consigned if for Baky as that was before Baky had opened his own dealership.

http://www.catsexotics.com/web/used/Lambor...hington/265071/

Roy had the seats and had put them in his own roadster. I don't know where they are now.

seat1.jpg

seat_2.jpg

I"m having trouble finding the threads, but basically after decomissioning it ended up at auction in So Cal and Alex Kam picked it up for the unheard of price of $159k plus fees. Baky bought it from him and eventually resold it.

Roy did have it for sale at one time, I think he consigned if for Baky as that was before Baky had opened his own dealership.

Roy had the seats and had put them in his own roadster. I don't know where they are now.

I remember reading that on this forum, however I remember the 150k price being as a result of some "minor" undercarriage damage that was barely discernible

I bought it from Kam(within a few days)for I think $170k, which was a awesome price at the time....Sent it to Alex at SP, serviced it, tinted the lights, repainted the nose, MS racing exhaust, and added the wing. About 7-8 months later sold it to Roy. From there....I didnt keep up with it. The pic with the Ashanti looking wheels was after I owned it. The wing was questionable, but I would never put those wheels on there LOL

I bought it from Kam(within a few days)for I think $170k, which was a awesome price at the time and no undercarriage damage was ever found by me....it was a great zero issue car when I had it....Sent it to Alex at SP, serviced it, tinted the lights, repainted the nose, MS racing exhaust, and added the wing. About 7-8 months later sold it to Roy. From there....I didnt keep up with it. The pic with the Ashanti looking wheels was after I owned it. The wing was questionable, but I would never put those wheels on there LOL

Not sure what happened but I was trying to edit my post and add no damage found on car by me.

I bought it from Kam(within a few days)for I think $170k, which was a awesome price at the time....Sent it to Alex at SP, serviced it, tinted the lights, repainted the nose, MS racing exhaust, and added the wing. About 7-8 months later sold it to Roy. From there....I didnt keep up with it. The pic with the Ashanti looking wheels was after I owned it. The wing was questionable, but I would never put those wheels on there LOL

after you sold the car i saw it a few times (with the aftermarket wheels on) driven by a black guy around beverly hills