Where is the Gallardo market headed?

EpDarks

I'm trying to get a realistic expectation for Gallardo and LP560 pricing over the next 2, 5 or even 10 years.

If we look at current pricing, in the USA, I'll use round numbers (clean title, no story cars, average between colors, options, transmission, modifications, etc). It seems the 04-05 cars with 15-30k miles are selling between $80-100k. 06-08 cars between $100-120k. 560's seem to be north of $130k. Low mileage cars seem co command about 10-15% more $. High mileage G's as low as $65k.

With 14,000+ Gs produced, how much further down will these go? Do you see USA Gallardos selling overseas over the next decade, reducing the number stateside? It seems the market for Gallardos was even better (cheaper), in 2009-2010... are we headed back in that direction now? Are there any other exotics, maybe the Ferrari 360 or 355, which might give us a trend for the Gallardo? At what price point will the G bottom out?

TIA

Your crystal ball is as good as mine.

I don't think the 355/360 is a good benchmark, far fewer produced and a lot more expensive to maintain.

I don't know that we will see a $60k 04 G anytime soon, but at the same time with 14k of them floating around it wouldn't surprise me if the higher mileage cars start turning in those prices. Especially when they need big service, e-gear problems, etc. I can kind of see it like the big AMG cars, the prices drop a good bit out of warranty because the maintenance costs are still inline with a $150k car.

I think the 04-05 & 06-08 G's have probably reached close to their minimum. They will probably hover around current prices for some time. Later 560-570's may drop with the introduction of the new model, as many enthusists begin to sell/ trade up. 560-570's have recently been just south of 200k; may drop to 150-160 range.

Note: this is just conjecture & opinion.

My crystal ball says future Gallardo pricing will depend on the overall economy, and where Lamborghini prices the Cabrera/Huracan. If rumors are true and the Cabrera/Huracan starts at $250k, and the economy continues to move forward, there will be very little downward pressure on Gallardo prices.

If rumors are true here the Galardo replacement will be priced below the outgoing car, if that's true it will have a negative impact on later models 560-570 but not as much on the older models 04-06, irrespective of the price you have to be prepared/able to meet maintenance and mechanical issue costs, they never go down in price with the market value of the car, paying a bit more for the right car is paramount.