2012 vs 2013 Aventadors...

oufan2929

So as I begin to consider an aventador, I'm curious if there are many, if any bugs on the 2012's vs the '13's. Some say the suspension was vastly improved on the '13's but then I've talked to people that have had both with no issues. Is there any reason to stay away from a '12 with the "stereotypical" first year issues?

The biggest change was the software for the clutch and the 2012's get the same update. There is a slightly soter suspension in the 2013's but its not a big deal. The 2013's have the extra engine management fuel savings mods, including the new battery. The 2012's are more raw. I like the 2012's better. So much so that I tried to order my 50th Anniversary Roadster with the 2012 suspension and no stop/start or cylinder deactivation but due to the latest emission regulations they cannot deliver it like the 2012's.

The biggest change was the software for the clutch and the 2012's get the same update. There is a slightly soter suspension in the 2013's but its not a big deal. The 2013's have the extra engine management fuel savings mods, including the new battery. The 2012's are more raw. I like the 2012's better. So much so that I tried to order my 50th Anniversary Roadster with the 2012 suspension and no stop/start or cylinder deactivation but due to the latest emission regulations they cannot deliver it like the 2012's.

Wow. That's all I need to hear! Thanks RaginBull... And close thread:)

I had a 2012 and the suspension was horribly bouncy. Make sure you drive the exact 12 you are considering before you buy it. Several out there have suspension issues, whereas some 12s and all the 13s seem fine.

Does anyone know off hand if they are offering factory authorized options to retrofit earlier 2012's with the improved suspension?

I know we have aftermarket solutions regarding further lowering the stance of the vehicle, but that is not something I am looking for. Thanks in advance fellas!

Does anyone know off hand if they are offering factory authorized options to retrofit earlier 2012's with the improved suspension?

I know we have aftermarket solutions regarding further lowering the stance of the vehicle, but that is not something I am looking for. Thanks in advance fellas!

You can retrofit the suspension for around 6000 USD, I believe. If I thought it was worth it, I would have done it already. The Dione wheels are a good upgrade though.

Hey guys with my 13 model on take off from standstill the car rides the clutch a bot to 1500-2000rpm, is this normal with everybody else's here?

I would take it to your dealer.

You can retrofit the suspension for around 6000 USD, I believe. If I thought it was worth it, I would have done it already. The Dione wheels are a good upgrade though.

I would take it to your dealer.

It is worth it, if you have a 2012 with one of the horribly bouncy suspensions. You luckily didnt get one :).

It is worth it, if you have a 2012 with one of the horribly bouncy suspensions. You luckily didnt get one :).

Do you think it's a VIN number to stay away from, like stay away from production numbers before #600 type thing? Or do you think they are random due to a few bad batches thrown in the mix?

Do you think it's a VIN number to stay away from, like stay away from production numbers before #600 type thing? Or do you think they are random due to a few bad batches thrown in the mix?

People are pretty tight lipped out it, and most people never drive their cars, or know how they should drive (they just assume its normal). That makes it hard to say. Best thing to do is just to drive whatever car someone is considering and make the determination for themselves. If it rides good, no need to change it, if not, then I would have it updated.

People are pretty tight lipped out it, and most people never drive their cars, or know how they should drive (they just assume its normal). That makes it hard to say. Best thing to do is just to drive whatever car someone is considering and make the determination for themselves. If it rides good, no need to change it, if not, then I would have it updated.

Is it felt at low or high speeds? I remember youtube review where they complained about the same thing. Thanks

Is it felt at low or high speeds? I remember youtube review where they complained about the same thing. Thanks

Lower speeds it was more of an issue, hwy speeds it seemed fine. But it was very unsettling when going around curves, and uncomfortable when just cruising along on regular roads.

Tweet from Evo's Jethro Bovingdon: "One big issue is whether cars will be consistent. No 2 Aventadors seem to be the same. Driven some incredible ones and some that feel clumsy".

I heard that in another review, and brushed it off thinking the reviewer didn't know what he was talking about, and that it was probably just different tires.

But Jethro definitely knows his shit, so no way he's ascribing the differences just to different wear on tires.

Wonder if the Aventador is particularly sensitive to alignment changes or that those settings are easily knocked out?