BJ

Chipster

You are correct I was shopping for one but I couldn't import it here due to idiotic regs, some people managed to by pass them and made a tone in the process.

Aw man, that's unlucky. How did people by pass them via dealers etc?

Aw man, that's unlucky. How did people by pass them via dealers etc?

they got club regos, limited use, now people sell them for the same purpose and few buyers are ponying up, good for them.

Snapped a couple crappy cell phone pics of the F40 and Diablo 6.0 today. Both, at least cosmetically, looked pretty good in person. The mesh panel between the tail lights on the Diablo was dented in but looked like it could bent back into place fairly easy.

post-7359-1390193310_thumb.jpg

post-7359-1390193335_thumb.jpg

post-7359-1390193421_thumb.jpg

post-7359-1390193567_thumb.jpg

With all the new "video game" cars being released, fighting over fractions of a second, 1/4 mile and Nurburgring times at the expense of rawness and visceral performance no wonder old school starts going through the roof commanding such a premium.

I hope exotic car manufacturers at some point will return to basics and start building again raw exotics with "old school" feel, very basic, no frills, light and nimble, cars which majority of the enthusiast are craving for rather than trying to outdo each other by the number of acronyms and fractions of a second which is really meaningless in the real world, wishful thinking perhaps but one can always dream.

You sound like my generation's parents who didn't like when cars started using fuel injection over carburetors. Being stuck in the past and not adapting to new technology does not sell cars, and it certainly doesn't pave the way for innovation. When you take a picture, do you use your phone/a digital camera? or do you shoot on 35mm and develop it yourself because it's raw and old school?

Sports cars today are faster, safer, more refined, more reliable, and are performing on a much higher level than they ever have in the past. With the technology available today, there is no reason you should have to sacrifice too much comfort and practicality for speed and performance.

I for one and thankful for the "video game cars", it has forced car manufacturers to start being competitive again and as a result we have all benefited from much better cars being released to the market.

My intention of this post is to not be a dick, just shed light on a different perspective. If you want something raw, light and nimble, buy a motorcycle.

Milan you've completely missed my point which is fine and somewhat, based on your own admissions, understandable.

Where in my post have I expressed my dislikes, for safety, reliability and technology?

Weight is an exotic's worst enemy, it has a trickle down effect on everything, the rawness of the car, the way it feels, handles, stops, accelerates, etc, etc, etc.

Race cars don't weigh less by chance, they are as safe if not safer than their street counterparts and they don't need twice the power of a street car to be that much faster.

Do you know why every single one of the guys who had the once in a life time opportunity to drive the Sesto on the track were in awe?

It was because of the weight of the car, that car isn't more powerful than my old 570, it's the weight, add few hundred kg to that for safety and 200 extra HP to compensate the added weight and give it to me because that's my dream right there :icon_thumleft:

For street cars the manufacturers are simply chasing numbers, mainly for marketing purposes and bragging rights, they have to out do each other because those numbers are the yardstick by which everything is measured, units of measurement which buyers are familiar with and understand.

Look at the reaction in the Huracan threads, most are discounting the car because of the 0 to 60 times, they haven't even driven the car, haven't even seen it in real life and they are already saying it's crap, they feel let down, it won't be as fast as x, y and z, if Lambo's marketing stated 2.6 seconds from 0 - 60 every single fantasy racer in the world would've been super excited thinking the Huracan is God's gift to humanity, that alone tells you people only care about numbers, not the overall experience, since car manufactures are running businesses and need to stay viable they are giving people what people scream for, they pack in more technology therefore weight, more HP to compensate all at the expense of the overall driving experience.

I don't need them to pack an extra 500 kg on a car (which has nothing to do with safety in actual fact the extra weight negatively impacts on safety, component wear and tear) because they want to squeeze the extra .1 of a second which you will never benefit from, you have no use for it in real day-to-day situations.

I want fast cars but everything that does 0 to 60 in 3 seconds or less is plenty, unless you are some incredibly gifted driver, which most aren't, it's very easy to hold the steering wheel straight and stomp on the accelerator, it gets tricky around corners.

Lastly not everything that your parents are telling you is without value, you should listen and learn from those with experience, not trying to be a dick either, just giving you a different perspective :icon_thumleft:

BJ is such a shit show, i hate what they'd done to the market for muscle cars and collectibles. Not to mention they are some damn crooked you couldn't screw them into the ground.

I went with the wife and our boys Saturday. What used to be free is now $60 a person. ( Really WTF ? ) I got invited to a sit down breakfast event at Penske's Scottsdale Museum Saturday morn and they were giving out GA tickets for free so I scored 4 tickets for nothing, and I'm glad I did cause I would have been pissed to have spent $240 just to walk around BJ. The event has become a mecca for anything and everything. Its like a home show, car show, RV show, clothes show, boots show, jewelry show......basically anything you can think of selling show even some gun exhibitors there. Nothing like it was back in the day when it was just about the cars. We had a great time and it was 77 degrees outside so it was a great way to spend a Saturday with the boys. Lauren was numb by the time we left (she's a trooper).

Unless I get tickets for free again next year, I can't fathom paying $60 a person to go but it is quite a site to see and I do suggest checking it out if you have never been so you can cross it off your so called " Car bucket list "