best visa card to get ?

white viper

I have honestly not had a visa card in about 7 years i just always us my amex or debit card but with all the debit cards fraud and with less places taking amex around here i guess it time to go back. Just wonder which one you guys use

thanks

Jon

I have Bank of America cash reward card. 1% cash reward on everything, 2% on grocery, 3% on gas

Capital one quicksilver card is similar with 1.5% on everything

Credit card is better than debit as long as you pay it off every month

Get the black one that is made out of steel. :lol2:

Get the black one that is made out of steel. :lol2:

They should all be made out of steel, mine doesn't last more than 3 to 4 months I am sick of the damn thing, now with less swiping due to touch pay I should be able to get more life out of it but otherwise they all break very easily.

I've been using a Venture card for the last 3 years and I'm very happy with it. Annual fee is something along the lines of $75 and all purchases give 2% towards travel (hotel or airfare). Very easy to redeem as you can buy as normal and simply wipe the item off your CC bill after the purchase with the points.

They should all be made out of steel, mine doesn't last more than 3 to 4 months I am sick of the damn thing, now with less swiping due to touch pay I should be able to get more life out of it but otherwise they all break very easily.

I know what you are saying. I use a Discover card for everything and mine wears out a lot too. This post was mostly a laugh at the Visa Black trying to be like the AMEX black.

• 10 months later...

Has the black improved at all? I only have my SPG card, I got rid of all my cards a few years ago and my credit tanked. The SPG AMX is excellent for me, I stay in SPG hotels 3 days a week and I drive 1k miles a week for work.

What about the gifts?

I got the AMEX Delta Reserve card and I'm looking to add another one as I mostly use it for the extra Delta MQMs at $30k and $60k spend (30,000 total). So spend over $60k year is kind of pointless on that card. Not sure if I should get the AMEX Delta Gold in addition for more MQMs, an AMEX platinum or a completely different card.

Biz or personal? Capital One Spark Business Card is 2% back on everything. You can set it to mail you a check whenever you reach a preselected award amount. Kinda cool to have a "free" $100 check show up every few weeks.