New car: 599GTB with Tubi

Bike

Traded the 360 Spider and R8 for a 599 F1. Incredible car, it's fast, beautiful, the Tubi's make a nice sound aswell.

Made a short video this weekend. Photos coming soon.

There was always something about the 599 that i liked. Cool car!

Not wanting to come over negative; just a comment: I would've thought that Tubi are usually a lot louder and peaky F1 style shriek.

V12 Tubi definitely makes a different sound than a V8 Tubi. I had a 360 Spider w/ Tubi and it was a F1 scream. In the 599, it's more of a lower growl. It's still quite loud in person and in-car. High RPM's makes the sound more screaming. The drive is absolutely great. It drives like a Bentley if you driving slow and like a racecar if you're going full throttle. My car doesn't have the HGTE package so it's a little on the softside. It's fantastic cause now I have the Challenge Stradale for racing/spirited driving and the 599 as a GT/longer distances car.

Received one photo sofar from my friend BartW (photographer).

post-4551-1396950033_thumb.jpg

It's fantastic cause now I have the Challenge Stradale for racing/spirited driving and the 599 as a GT/longer distances car.

That's a lot of F-Car love but I can't argue with the 2 models you have chosen! I would love to see some side by side shots!

That's a lot of F-Car love but I can't argue with the 2 models you have chosen! I would love to see some side by side shots!

Yup, I love F-cars but also looked at Lamborghini's this time. 1st gen Superleggera, 1st Gallardo Spyder and the LP560-4 Spyder. The SL was great but was too much like the CS, another streetlegal racecar. The Spyders were ok, but reminded me too much of the R8. I wanted something completely different, and the 599 was just special, a big V12 Ferrari!

I am sure there will be a Lambo in my future, I really like the LP670 and LP700. Should do a V12 testdrive once, I've only driven the V10's now.

Btw the 599 is a perfect grocery car :)

post-4551-1396955643_thumb.jpg

Yup, I love F-cars but also looked at Lamborghini's this time. 1st gen Superleggera, 1st Gallardo Spyder and the LP560-4 Spyder. The SL was great but was too much like the CS, another streetlegal racecar. The Spyders were ok, but reminded me too much of the R8. I wanted something completely different, and the 599 was just special, a big V12 Ferrari!

I am sure there will be a Lambo in my future, I really like the LP670 and LP700. Should do a V12 testdrive once, I've only driven the V10's now.

Btw the 599 is a perfect grocery car :)

599b.jpg

hahaha brilliant !

yes, its perfect compliment to your Challenge Stradale! get some pics up of both

• 2 weeks later...

The Roadrunner SR1 is a british kitcar made by Roadrunner Racing. They've made around 15 cars in total, 2 of those are in the Netherlands. My friends SR1 has the Yamaha R1 engine, mine has the Fireblade engine. The R1 engine is sick, so loud and powerfull. Thinking about replacing my engine with a Yamaha engine aswell. Total weight of the SR1 is 380 KG, ~180HP. 0-60 mph in 3.3s.

This is me and my friend cruising around town. Will make a better video soon now the weather is better here in the NL.

Here I am following my friend's SR1 with R1 engine in the 360 Spider.

post-4551-1398347481_thumb.jpg

post-4551-1398347489.jpg

post-4551-1398347497_thumb.jpg

V12 Tubi definitely makes a different sound than a V8 Tubi. I had a 360 Spider w/ Tubi and it was a F1 scream. In the 599, it's more of a lower growl. It's still quite loud in person and in-car. High RPM's makes the sound more screaming. The drive is absolutely great. It drives like a Bentley if you driving slow and like a racecar if you're going full throttle. My car doesn't have the HGTE package so it's a little on the softside. It's fantastic cause now I have the Challenge Stradale for racing/spirited driving and the 599 as a GT/longer distances car.

Received one photo sofar from my friend BartW (photographer).

post-4551-1396950033_thumb.jpg

What year is the car?