Jalpa getting parted out on eBay

Ohlgren

Wanted to give the Old school Lamborghini folks the heads up that a Jalpa seems to be in the process of being parted out on eBay.

I am curious if the new owner found it was a structural mess or decided just to part it out.

By all accounts that car was a mess. I even talked with the seller in Monterey during car week and he did not have a lot of good things to say about it. It was a big project or a part car. Sadly no one wanted to take on the big project, but I am happy that parts are coming available.

I would wager a guess the new owner bought it with the intention of parting it. He knows his Jalpas.

By all accounts that car was a mess. I even talked with the seller in Monterey during car week and he did not have a lot of good things to say about it. It was a big project or a part car. Sadly no one wanted to take on the big project, but I am happy that parts are coming available.

I would wager a guess the new owner bought it with the intention of parting it. He knows his Jalpas.

Is this not the car that was "modified" by a guardrail in Virgina :eusa_think: ...It supposedly had a fresh motor...what happened to the motor ?

Paul

The stuff is on ebay. Just do a a search for Jalpa parts or plug in the seller's ID "rezdoc".

I think this is the car that was offered for sale out of New Orleans, Louisiana. A car that had been wrecked and was combined with another damaged car. It was off and on eBay for about a year being sold without an engine. I met the seller in Monterey last summer and he was hoping to find someone interested in a big project. He had tried to find an engine for it, but was not able to find a good one or at least one at a price he liked.

This is what I know about the car. I think the previous owner who had it before the damage is on another board. A few of us had talked to the previous seller. Jalpa Mike said the current seller is a Jalpa expert.

That is what I know about the car being parted. Most of the info is second hand. What I know for sure, is that some rare used parts are available.

A Jalpa expert...sounds kinda grand...where do I send my paperwork to become one :eusa_think:

Paul

The stuff is on ebay. Just do a a search for Jalpa parts or plug in the seller's ID "rezdoc".

I think this is the car that was offered for sale out of New Orleans, Louisiana. A car that had been wrecked and was combined with another damaged car. It was off and on eBay for about a year being sold without an engine. I met the seller in Monterey last summer and he was hoping to find someone interested in a big project. He had tried to find an engine for it, but was not able to find a good one or at least one at a price he liked.

This is what I know about the car. I think the previous owner who had it before the damage is on another board. A few of us had talked to the previous seller. Jalpa Mike said the current seller is a Jalpa expert.

Paul, Mike is a good guy and has a lot of knowledge of the cars. He also has some good contacts, lot of help for fellow owners.....I have to get in touch with him as he has supposedly a very good place that specializes in the Marelli distributors rebuilding at a reasonable price.

Here is what Jalpa-Mike had to say about him. "Rezdoc is Louie McAlpine. He has been around for awhile. I've bought stuff from him in the past. Louie told me years ago that he worked at Lamborghini back in the day." I think it was rezdoc who sold me parts in the past. We chatted via email. He told me he built the Jalpa at the Lamborghini factory and left when Chrysler took over. I call rezdoc an expert if the info is true. I guess you could send your paperwork and a job application to the Lamborghini factory but they don't make the Jalpa anymore ;) To be honest, I would call you an expert as well Paul.

A Jalpa expert...sounds kinda grand...where do I send my paperwork to become one :eusa_think:

Paul

Here is what Jalpa-Mike had to say about him. "Rezdoc is Louie McAlpine. He has been around for awhile. I've bought stuff from him in the past. Louie told me years ago that he worked at Lamborghini back in the day." I think it was rezdoc who sold me parts in the past. We chatted via email. He told me he built the Jalpa at the Lamborghini factory and left when Chrysler took over. I call rezdoc an expert if the info is true. I guess you could send your paperwork and a job application to the Lamborghini factory but they don't make the Jalpa anymore ;) To be honest, I would call you an expert as well Paul.

:read:

Rezdoc----Louie....told me YEARS ago he was the guy who trained techicians back in the day. Hence why he was the original guy who sold copies of the factory blueprints that we see on ebay ocassionally.