Daily driving the GTT? compared to a 996TT modded

alexo

it's been about 2 weeks since I got the G... been driving it a lot and I can't help but notice it's a bit of a piece of shit to DD especially around town compared to a 911 turbo... now dont jump on me and say well DUHHH I get it this is a super car... big v10... not a porsche go kart but still... that reverse button is ridiculous and forget trying to do a u turn just feels like it could break at any moment... but the real issue I got is with gunning it on the highway or anywhere for that matter... doesn't feel as agile moving thru traffic at high speeds and it feels so damn heavy... I got a 2004 996TT with evosm 660hp pkg and when I smash that shit it fkin goes man and I can wiggle thru cars no problem with a lot of fkin security... the G mannnnn I feel so damn insecure... maybe cuz it's 180K

I also feel like the brakes fkin suck... the minute I put down some power I let go early cuz I dont trust it to be realible if I gotta react quick to traffic or something.

anyone have these feelings ... or went from 911's to a lambo... also have a 997.2 cab so I am used to driving porsche.

doing the bolt on heffner build 900hp+ ... just hoping won't worsen my situation

what u guys think?!

p.s. for all the little hypocrites who wanna tell me spirited street driving is wrong just dont waste your time posting.

I am happy just doesn't feel as agile as a 911 thats all... hopefully the twin turbo's are gonna fix my need for some torque that pushes me in my seat

I just gotta bring it down to FLA for the winter where I have more room on the highways and also homestead or palm beach are bigger than the tracks we got up here.

just wondering if anyone had the same feeling I did... basically that the lambo doesn't feel as agile as the 911TT...

anyone agree?

listen the lambo has the exterior looks , I enjoy the f-16 jet like interior, the sound of those v10's is music to my hears but the 911tt are just way better cars for spirited driving , tracking or DDying

maybe Ill make a poll lol...?

but dont get me wrong I am very very happy and cannot stop looking at it.

Having had a stage 2 997tt the G is definitely not easy to dd. the attention itself gets old. So maybe that is part of the issue. G seems more like a hockey puck to drive whereas the Porsche is just a bit more user friendly. Guess it's a matter of what you are looking for in a car. Easy of use but can get boring or excitement everytime u drive even if it's not the fastest car out there.

I went from a 996tt which was a dd for me to a Gallardo. I wouldn't go back, yes objectively the 996tt is a better car. However the Porsche is boring and really not a challenge to drive hard. I don't think tting your Gallardo is going to solve your fundamental issue with the car. Sounds like you should have bought a McLaren instead if you wanted something more comfortable and nimble. Having driven a McLaren, I definitely think it could easily be a dd.

Your comments regarding the brakes may have more to do with the feel. The 996tt brembo's are very progressive and linear, the Gallardo brembo's have a dead spot at the top before they engage. I can assure you, they are extremely effective.

I wouldn't call 5.2L's big honestly especially for a v10 motor. I don't know the weight difference between the 2 cars honestly though I will say a Gallardo does "feel" bigger than a 996 turbo. Perhaps the fact that your 996 also has a 660hp package on it is where a lot of the difference comes from. But it's also turbo so it does have more torque. Just TT the gallardo and you'll never question how fun it is again.