Wanna run Diablo wheels on your Countach?

Allan-Herbie

That is one hell of a spacer. That is putting a lot of stress on those wheel bearings. I guess it is like a woman in high heels......style over function :)

I am a period correct guy when it comes to wheels but it doesn't look too bad to me. Fender badges look awful though.

My vote is stock wheels with some spacers to fill out the wheelwell.

Yeah, doesn't do anything for me (besides the fact that I'd rather see the stock wheels). It actually looks to be sitting a little too high at that point. The Japanese get away with making 25th's look cool on other wheels with lowered cars.

Great ceasar's spacers Batman!

That maybe down right dangerous. You can kiss the wheel bearing goodbye in a matter of miles.

Great ceasar's spacers Batman!

That maybe down right dangerous. You can kiss the wheel bearing goodbye in a matter of miles.

Actually, I would reason that in this instance the bearings will be virtually unaffected. Hear me out:

In this case, you really aren't relocating the position of the tire (the load generating lever) in relation to the car. You are merely taking a wheel with a very deep offset mounting point, the stock CT wheel, and changing it for one with a more centralized mounting point, the Diablo wheel.

Now does the bearing have any idea where the mounting on the wheel is? Nope, sure as fcuk doesn't. If you have a center mount with a 3" spacer on the back, or just remove the spacer and move the mount on the wheel, it's in effect the exact same thing.

Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be thrilled with the huge spacers due to their loading on the studs because that does change. But overall, in this case it isn't as disastrous as it first appears.

Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be thrilled with the huge spacers due to their loading on the studs because that does change. But overall, in this case it isn't as disastrous as it first appears.

Load on the lugs doesn't change either, for the same reasons you mentioned above. The load path stays the same as long as the new wheels are in the same position on the car. I prefer to call these "adapters" not "spacers". Spacers are smaller say 1/4" and mount the wheel out a little further utilizing the same lugs and thus the resting place of the wheel on the lugs is futher out and not flush mount which creates a lot of stress on the lugs. The adapters on this car mount flush on the original lugs and then the wheels bolt up to a different lug on the outside. There is an extra point for breakage, and I doubt the lugs on the adapters are real high, but that is the only extra stress your adding. Also if the wheels are supposed to rest on a hub ring you need to make sure the adapters have the correct size ring or you can use a ring adapter so the load is on the ring and not the lugs. Again no extra load, just an additional load point.

• 4 weeks later...

where did you get the spacers from or did you have to get them made?

I have a set of 17's in the garage that I would like to be able to use (much easier to get the tyres!)