Audi S6 Avant

HannibalACP82

Those of you who know me know I love Audis. Especially wagons. The original RS6 Avant with the V10 with the Gallardo engine is one of my favorite cars of all time. Well yesterday Audi showed up with an S6 AVANT they are testing here in the US of A! The bad news is they aren't bring the Avant to the US. The worse news is that this car was fully loaded at 160k yet it is being crushed in 3 weeks when the testing is done. BUT........................

.............SINCE I FREAKED OUT OVER THE CAR THEY TOOK ME FOR A RIDE!!!!!!! The guy pulled out on to Rt. 19 then stopped right in front of the Volvo dealership and a wagon they had out front. He put it in to park, engaged launch control and then PLANTED THE ACCELERATOR. No way a car that big should ever move that fast. It was unreal how ferocious it was. On the way back he suggested we try out the giant carbon ceramic brakes and slammed the pedal. Slowing that fast felt like we caught the 3rd wire on a carrier! It was a great day!

gallery_108978_39197_542839.jpg

gallery_108978_39197_1405593.jpg

gallery_108978_39197_381061.jpg

gallery_108978_39197_191435.jpg

gallery_108978_39197_239809.jpg

gallery_108978_39197_757818.jpg

gallery_108978_39197_1671065.jpg

gallery_108978_39197_972648.jpg

gallery_108978_39197_874368.jpg

Do you get the Audi Sportback cars in the US (A5 Sportback, A7 Sportback)?

We get the A5/S5/RS5 coupes here and the A7/S7/RS7 sedan/fastback looking thing.

My brother's RS6 is ridiculous! If you want an all in one car there is nothing better!

You and I have had this discussion before! I would LOVE an RS6 Avant!!!!!!

We get the A5/S5/RS5 coupes here and the A7/S7/RS7 sedan/fastback looking thing.

So you are missing the A5/S5 Sportbacks. Too bad, they are pretty sweet :eusa_dance:

Love it. I toyed with the idea of getting an 03 RS6 five years ago and looked at a few. If they weren't such service nightmares I would have done it. My current bone head idea is finding a V10 S6 and using it as a daily. Doesn't make much sense, but a four door sedan with a high revving Lambo V10 that can be had for Camry money makes it mighty appealing.

Love it. I toyed with the idea of getting an 03 RS6 five years ago and looked at a few. If they weren't such service nightmares I would have done it. My current bone head idea is finding a V10 S6 and using it as a daily. Doesn't make much sense, but a four door sedan with a high revving Lambo V10 that can be had for Camry money makes it mighty appealing.

Carmax with the warranty! You can DD it and have the warranty they sell cover the repairs. You just have to be up for the gas bill of DDing a v10. ;)

http://www.carmax.com/search?ANa=429496253...:results%20page

The day I don't show up for C&C. :eusa_wall:

I wondered where you were. Figured the threat if rain kept you away. I made some new friends...

post-24965-1399336064_thumb.jpg

The S6 is tame in comparison to the RS6, however in this segment I'd take the CLS63 4M Shooting Brake . It looks a lot better than the Audi to me, I think it's even faster than the RS6.

The S6 is tame in comparison to the RS6, however in this segment I'd take the CLS63 4M Shooting Brake . It looks a lot better than the Audi to me, I think it's even faster than the RS6.

Blasphemy!!!!!

Blasphemy!!!!!

Then again, I wouldn't buy a car in this segment, just seems a bit pointless to me personally. SUV for family and/or daily driving, sports car for fun. Two in one rarely does both things well. Nowhere to use it while going about my daily business either, nor would I use it properly while carrying family, so I don't see the point of having a super fast family car.

Then again, I wouldn't buy a car in this segment, just seems a bit pointless to me personally. SUV for family and/or daily driving, sports car for fun. Two in one rarely does both things well. Nowhere to use it while going about my daily business either, so I don't see the point of having a super fast family car.

:eek3dance:

I would much rather have a wagon then an SUV. I can always use more power in my daily. Just nice to know it is there if I need it for say passing an 18 wheeler in a short passing zone or dusting the sports car beside me at a light while hauling the wife, kids, dog and groceries!

:eek3dance:

dusting the sports car beside me at a light while hauling the wife, kids, dog and groceries!

Would you really do that with your wife and kids aboard? I wouldn't.

Would you really do that with your wife and kids aboard? I wouldn't.

Hell yeah. The kids ask for me to "go fast" whenever we are stuck at the red light.

I would much rather have a wagon then an SUV. I can always use more power in my daily. Just nice to know it is there if I need it for say passing an 18 wheeler in a short passing zone or dusting the sports car beside me at a light while hauling the wife, kids, dog and groceries!

There is an alternative to the RS6.

2012-Mercedes-Benz-E63-AMG-Wagon-promo.jpg

:icon_mrgreen: