Aftermarket Filters

szabo_martin

The paper filters have a spongy orange gasket. The carbon lid has a rim thats supposed to go into the perimeter of the filter seal, but I find the rim just squishes into the gasket. So when you put the sport filters in with the urethane gasket it does'nt squish and the lid does'nt close. Anyone else have this issue? Its the Lambo UFI OEM sport filters.

I had a problem with my BMC filters that were ordered from Italy directly. They were adjusted a bit to be fitted the car. I am referring to undercutting them around the perimeter. That work lasted within 2 hours.

Such a pain! So you just went around the inside perimeter and took out some of the urethane? Damn carbon airbox...looks cool but the tolerances are shit

I was told that the parameters, rubber part of the BMC, K&N filters deteriorate over time and need to be replaced, is this true? The last thing we need is bits and pieces of the filter going in for a holiday in our engine.

Also is it worth the extra few hp?

I was told that the parameters, rubber part of the BMC, K&N filters deteriorate over time and need to be replaced, is this true? The last thing we need is bits and pieces of the filter going in for a holiday in our engine.

Also is it worth the extra few hp?

I've never heard of that.

• 3 weeks later...

After UFI, K+N and now BMC's ($108 from Fast by Ferracci) the BMC's are the only ones which needed time to finesse them into the carbon but are the only filters which made a noticeably positive difference.