Cody's Underground Racing TT Gallardo wins the Houston 1/2 mile event, again.

Congratulations to Cody W. for taking the WIN once again this past Saturday at the Houston 1/2 Mile Event at Ellington Field near Houston, Texas.

Last year at this event, Cody and his 2011 Underground Racing Twin Turbo Lamborghini took the win and set the 1/2 Top Speed Record at 217.1mph. This year he defended and destroyed that record by rocketing from 0 to 224.4 mph in a half mile ( 2,640 feet ).

Here is last years video:

Also want to thank all the other customer for showing up to compete. SW finished 2nd at 220 mph and Stacy at 219 mph. Marty was there in his TT R8 getting some seat time and thanks to Mark for bringing his Underground Racing TT R8 and TT Gallardo.

Stay tuned for pictures and videos of this years event coming soon!

Congrats to Cody for defending his title and to UGR for winning yet another event. Shit must be getting old to you guys.

It takes billet balls to pilot a car to a near 225 mph. Crazy!

Not to take anything away from the guys that don't do it how we do but we are using fully synchronized transmissions with stock Egear electronics. If we ever decide to use a sequential race transmission (dog box), may God have merci on everyone else. ;)

congrats 224 in 1/2 mile is just nuts.

This Cody guy is a legend. Way to go!

Cody made two passes. His first pass he goes 215 mph and said, man that felt good. Then I said go make another pass on the higher setting. The look in his face was price less. lmao. Then he goes 224. I asked if he wanted to go faster and he said he was good.

Not to take anything away from the guys that don't do it how we do but we are using fully synchronized transmissions with stock Egear electronics. If we ever decide to use a sequential race transmission (dog box), may God have merci on everyone else. ;)

Oh did not know they had a Dog box ! thought it was OEM style built tranny. I prefer your setup as it's more OEM. I feel the same way about PG in GTRs.. not the same thing to me.

when I'm done manually shifting the gears in my G, I'll take one of those fancy synchronized transmissions. kthx

when I'm done manually shifting the gears in my G, I'll take one of those fancy synchronized transmissions. kthx

You have one.. Too much root beer!

You have one.. Too much root beer!

Lol. When my car is a manual (soon) and I get tired of manually shifting it I will then take one of those fancy shifting non Lambo transmissions. Comprende?

Lol. When my car is a manual (soon) and I get tired of manually shifting it I will then take one of those fancy shifting non Lambo transmissions. Comprende?

Are you getting sick of the e gear acting up?

Good luck on the manual conversion.

Can only imagine Cody's face when you said "Do you want to go faster," After he he went 224 lol.

Cody made two passes. His first pass he goes 215 mph and said, man that felt good. Then I said go make another pass on the higher setting. The look in his face was price less. lmao. Then he goes 224. I asked if he wanted to go faster and he said he was good.

\

That is awesome. Congrats Cody on the win.

Congrats Cody ...

Back to Back Wins ... Sends a clear message ...

If you win this event again next year ... We may need to consider changing the name of the event ...

• 2 weeks later...

That's awesome.