Throttle Sync

szabo_martin

Hey Donzi, where is this strap? I've replaced the throttle body. Car idles ok from cold for 3-5 minutes but when it gets warm the idle bounces still. If u restart with any warmth in the engine it bounces right away. Took off the intake hoses all throttles do self check when you cycle the ignition. Only I noticed that when at rest two throttles have an 0.028" opening, one 0.020", and one 0.008"...... Also when I turn the main power switch off then back on the instrument cluster lights flicker until I open the door, then it stops.... Car was running perfect then pow all these issues

Jeff, any way to reset ECU, cleared faults, turned off main power for a couple days. Was thinking if the ECU is set to default then I could keep the obd scanner on and see if it readjusts or throws any new codes

Jeff, any way to reset ECU, cleared faults, turned off main power for a couple days. Was thinking if the ECU is set to default then I could keep the obd scanner on and see if it readjusts or throws any new codes

You can reset codes with OBD scanner. When the engine gets up to normal operating temp and at ideal it will run new self learn. As long as no codes are set it will reset it self to new setting.

Maybe the rebuilt TB is not working. LDas said the passenger front TB had a hard fault. Sent it to XEMODex they confirmed there was a failure fault, rebuilt it and tested it ok. I installed it now it idles perfect for 3-5 minutes then bam back to the surging. If you restart it any time during the day with any warmth in the engine it surges right off the bat. So the choke program seems to work, and I dont want to leave it surging that bad for 20-30 minutes since I dont want to fcuk up the motor. Tempted to buy a new Lambo one and just see if it works, but would suck to dump $2500 for nothing. It doesnt throw codes when idling smooth in choke mode...but once the surging starts the codes come flying P1306, P0227,P1226 and so on....

Hey Jeff, do you think if u bought the Bosch throttle bodies, the etb ecu and newer egear ecu, reflashed the computer the older Murcis could be retrofit with the Bosch tb's?

So throttles go out of sync on the Murci 2 weeks ago while driving, just make it home but probably took off a years worth of clutch and nearly crashed due to the surging......so to make things better there is no home calibration a person can do. On other makes you can cycle the ignition in various ways to re learn the TPS...not in the Murci you cant. So I had to wait till Lambo Vancouver came to town, flatbed the car and hope they can hook it up and run the calibration just because of a hiccup!?!?! I get it's a Lamborghini, I get they are high maintenance and high strung, but some of this is bullshit. I dont even mind that this hiccup will cost $100's of dollars to rectify its more the pain in the ass it causes. What if your 200 miles from anywhere? I get you need the computer for diagnosis and if you install a new clutch but a little electrcal fart can cause such a pain in the ass is ridiculous. It's actually almost enough for to sell the car and get something reliable....like a Porsche

Just don't get a GT3!!!!

Got a basic Carrera S while the Murci is getting sorted. Looking at a 997 GT2 but hopefully can make the numbers work.......god I missed a 6 Speed manual

Maybe the rebuilt TB is not working. LDas said the passenger front TB had a hard fault. Sent it to XEMODex they confirmed there was a failure fault, rebuilt it and tested it ok. I installed it now it idles perfect for 3-5 minutes then bam back to the surging. If you restart it any time during the day with any warmth in the engine it surges right off the bat. So the choke program seems to work, and I dont want to leave it surging that bad for 20-30 minutes since I dont want to fcuk up the motor. Tempted to buy a new Lambo one and just see if it works, but would suck to dump $2500 for nothing. It doesnt throw codes when idling smooth in choke mode...but once the surging starts the codes come flying P1306, P0227,P1226 and so on....

Did you get a Xemodex upgrade TB?

http://www.xemodex.com/technologyimproved/...ni-muricielago/

I was considering that- had the surging on my car in December 13; changed TBs (2 where faulty) but I didn't know about the xemodex upgrade until after that; was thinking of doing all 4 next time I have an issue..

I did the xemodex. They were first class for service. Car still surging, thought maybe it was the rebuilt tb but borrowed a good one from a friend and it still did it. Oddly still getting the same obd codes... When I accidentally forgot to plug in the driver front tb car didn't surge....ran like shit but didn't surge. Anyway ldas should be in next week....not the cars fault I just didn't have access to the ldas so been trouble shooting all I could. If this gets sorted and I keep the car I'll xemodex all 4 tbs... Stock are shit.... Look up Maserati 3200 gt throttle body and 99-03 Volvo xc70 throttle body....

• 1 month later...