700awhp Nitrous Aventador

pockmark

wow, lot of work and possible risk for 75HP....

They are 625AWHP from factory??

tick,tick, tick,tick...................................BOOM

I ran nitrous for 6 years on my previous Diablo without issue, and I ran a 150 shot... Not sure why anyone would bother with a 75 shot.

Pffffffff, that Aventador will laugh @ a 100 HP shot, thats just over 8 HP per cylinder increase! Well within any design limits on the worst of days.

I ran nitrous for 6 years on my previous Diablo without issue, and I ran a 150 shot... Not sure why anyone would bother with a 75 shot.

Its a 100 shot on this one...

it won't laugh when you blow it's intake manifold off along with the rear bonnet... I've seen it happen many times at the track on all sorts of cars.....

Pffffffff, that Aventador will laugh @ a 100 HP shot, thats just over 8 HP per cylinder increase! Well within any design limits on the worst of days.

Its not about the design limits and the 8hp per cylinder, its about leaning out the fuel and causing bad things.

What the hell is the point of nitrous on an aventador? Bizarre.

Why is it bizarre? Because its a 500k car with a bullshit $500 power adder that carries significant risks in the case of a misfire.

My post wasn't in reference you yours, I meant WHY would you do something as stupid?! :icon_mrgreen:

Arent those risks more so for direct port nitrous? Mine was plumbed into the plastic tubing all the way back by the air filters and was a dry system. My friend with the purple SV basically ran his car at all times on nitrous. He went through 100s of bottles without issue. I used mine only if I was going to race someone. Today, I would not go this route.

Its been a while since I even paid attention to a nitrous system, but from what I remember, the risk is a little less with a direct port system and even less if its a wet kit? (Spraying both nitrous and fuel to ensure an even mixture). The dry system runs the risk of distributing unevenly and leaning out a piston if I recall correctly.

Just seems like a very low reward to risk investment, plus given all the twin turbo monsters that are running around now, whats the point of an 800hp aventador vs 700hp? Go 1500 or bust!

Why n2o is by far the cheapest/easiest way to make power and can be done so safely with proper tuning, I'm not a big fan of it. Congrats to the owner for taking the plunge for more power though.

A direct port system is the same as a wet system. A dry shot is connected to the intake. The direct port system is the safer system to run because like it was said earlier you have an "even feed" of nitrous. Running nitrous can be safe if it is tuned right. A 100 shot of nitrous is actually really safe again if, and only IF the tune is done correctly, because the nitrous can make the engine run lean instantly and like you all have said correctly, BOOM. I've been running a 150 direct port shot of nitrous in my car for 15 years and no, not all the time but, I'e gone through over 100 bottles with it without any problems. Again it is all about the tuner.

Like others have said it seems silly to me on a car of that caliber. If you want extra power don't cheap out...throw some TT's on it!